Nightingale

I got a CYPRES!!!!

After months of searching, I finally got a new (to me) CYPRES.

Karen at SSK was amazing, found exactly what I wanted, and it'll be on the UPS truck headed to me tomorrow. It's just had new batteries, had it's 8 year check, and has a little over a year left on it, which is perfect for me.

Now, I just gotta renew that USPA membership and get the CYPRES in my rig and I am back in the air!!!!!!

Of course you know you dont HAVE to have an aad to jump right? Is this one of those personal choices about no aad no jump? If so I can respect that. Lots of my friends are the same way.:)

Yes, I do HAVE to have an AAD to jump. When my dad loaned me money for my first rig, his condition was "you won't ever jump without one of those parachute opening computers." I keep my promises.

my thought upon reading your intital post was,,,

WHy can't you jump if you're NOt cypres equipped????
we see thread after thread where the discussion arises, and there are many many in our community who have made thousands of jumps without one.....:|

But then you explain later, that you have agreed to a course of action, whereby you won't jump without one...
As a Father, i very much admire, your adherance to your word....:)and respect the fact that you stick to your agreement...i bet your family agrees...:D

good job.. NOW get that reserve all set, and get to the DZ

have fun..
P s always arm your aad ON site... and just prior to donning your rig for the first jump of the day...

NEVER,,, at home,,, before heading to the DZ..Never.........

jmy

Of course you know you dont HAVE to have an aad to jump right? Is this one of those personal choices about no aad no jump? If so I can respect that. Lots of my friends are the same way.:)

Yes, I do HAVE to have an AAD to jump. When my dad loaned me money for my first rig, his condition was "you won't ever jump without one of those parachute opening computers." I keep my promises.

I don't know but it seems kind of weird to let a whuffo decided if you should be jumping an AAD...

I don't know but it seems kind of weird to let a whuffo decided if you should be jumping an AAD...

Well, since I agree with him, it's not a problem.

I know you're just teasing about your whuffo comment.....;):)
and generally a non skydiver would have little influence on a jumper, in these sorts of matters,,, as you point out...

but It's her Father!!!!.. the "Pater Familius" ( i presume :| )
AND

likely a man who loves her quite a bit...B|
and when a child makes a deal with a Parent,,, that's a serious thing...;):):(...)

he sounds like a good man, to help with gear , at a time when it was important, and setting such a condition, is totally understandable...:)Sticking to the deal, was the way to go, though it sure must Have been rough..[:/]....

Very nice,,, that Nightingale is now able to return to the skies...B|
have fun
skydive safey...

postscript
for sure if my children had persued skydivng beyond their # 1 tandems, i too would have made that same request...( avatar is our Daughters' tandem skydive...) photo by mikeX;):)
jt