TerminatorSRT4

Bad habits to avoid early?

dont pull low unless you have too

dont trash pack your main, and say it will open, if not i got a reserve id like to try out.

Why some of my trash pack jobs were some of my best opening
Never give the gates up and always trust your rears!

dont pull low unless you have too

dont trash pack your main, and say it will open, if not i got a reserve id like to try out.

Why some of my trash pack jobs were some of my best opening

Even a broken clock is right twice a day?

Just because you might get a nice opening with a trash pack job doesn't mean you have better odds than if you did it right to begin with.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Rather than telling you what to avoid, I'll tell you ONE habit to get into that will make your life at the DZ better.

Pay attention to what's going on around you.

This goes for packing, gearing up, loading up, the ride up, the walk to the door, the climb out, exit, free fall, break off, deployment, pattern, landing, the walk back to the packing area . . . EVERYTHING. Make it your job to notice everything that's happening and about to happen and if it's a real issue, intervene if you can do so without getting yourself killed in the process.

Watch how people are packing their own gear.
Watch them gear up.
Look at them in the loading area and inspect their gear.

Is their chest strap routed right?
What about their 3 rings?
Does the group behind you know what the uppers are and how that effects time between exits?
Why are all those guys landing away from the main grass landing area?
What's that little crop circle doing in the middle of the grass landing area and why does it look like it's moving?

Why did the old guys stop jumping and are now gathering near the fence line?
quade -

Hi Terminator,

Re: Bad habits to avoid early?

Do NOT fart in the plane!!!!!>:(

JerryBaumchen

My first solo was when I fell victim to the most awful plane fart ever....and it was directly in front of me. I figured it was a one time deal, but there's a farter in every load.....

I figured it was a one time deal, but there's a farter in every load.....

Ok. I've worked with a LOT of world class skydivers. Lemme tell ya something about farts; some of the best skydivers in the world have the worst smelling farts. There, I said it, and if they're reading this they know who they are.

Anyway, get used to the farts. They aren't going away and the only long term defense is to sit near the door as often as possible. Yet another bonus of being a 4-way camera flyer. ;)

(Sadly now in retirement and sitting mid-plane on most loads.) [:/]
quade -

One bad habit to avoid is: taking advice from the wrong people.

Just because someone is willing to give advice dosen't mean they're qualified.

I would suggest listening to everyone and then sort out the good from the bad. It doesn't take long to figure out who knows what they're talking about.

And always ask "Why?".

The best way to learn in this sport is to know why something works or doesn't work. The guys who take the time to explain "why" are the best intructors even if they don't have an instructor rating.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

Most important:
A bad habit to avoid-> sleeping with your rigger's wife!

Take my wife ... PLEASE!

Im not a rigger but he can have mine to:D:D Hell if i have to i will become a rigger if that is what it takes for someone to want her:ph34r::ph34r::D
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

hahahaha, flatulence is a problem for some divers, so i hear.

one of my instructors busted ass on the way up in the CASA at the halloween boogie... that was my very first jump. it made that jump, nevertheless, THAT much more memorable. and hilarious, because apparently this instructor has quite the track record to farting on the way to altitude. LOL :D

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

hahahaha, flatulence is a problem for some divers, so i hear.

one of my instructors busted ass on the way up in the CASA at the halloween boogie... that was my very first jump. it made that jump, nevertheless, THAT much more memorable. and hilarious, because apparently this instructor has quite the track record to farting on the way to altitude. LOL :D

You would love it at Byron!
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.