Heatmiser

Watching a 1st jump student thinking "Oh *@#t that guys gonna die"

Cheez, made it clicky :S

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=45807375

That is funny, does he get to re-serve?

Glad he didn't get hurt... that's too damn funny!!!!
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I can't stop laughing.....classic

[url]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=45807375[url]

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=45807375

Assuming the guy is OK...

There are not enough laughing smilies to adequately show how funny that was.
:D:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

We had a student a few weeks ago that cut away because this thing came sliding down her lines. She cuts away, and SHIT! It happens again, damn piece of fabric caught in the lines and sliding down towards her hands.

Good thing she didn't have a hook knife.

Ah yes....The dreaded slider down malfunction.

We had a student a few weeks ago that cut away because this thing came sliding down her lines.

I saw one where the student didn't mind that the slider came down, but when she couldn't get it to go back up, even after pumping the brakes, that's when things got scary and she cut away.

If you want to get an idea of how stupid people can get, do radio (or be next to the guy doing radio).

It isn't for the faint of heart.

I always sort of liked talking students in on the radio. It reminds me of flying R/C airplanes. But, then, every once in a while, one goes out of control...:S

We had a student a few weeks ago that cut away because this thing came sliding down her lines. She cuts away, and SHIT! It happens again, damn piece of fabric caught in the lines and sliding down towards her hands.

Good thing she didn't have a hook knife.

Ah yes....The dreaded slider down malfunction.

Hate it when that happens. We had a novice do that a dozen years ago or so and ended up with the nickname "Slider". (didn't say we were original....). She still jumps and we bring up the NN every so often......

Blue ones,

Major Dad
CSPA D-579

Had an army ex-army airborn guy show up at the DZ one day, took awhile but got through to him that he still needed a first jump course and a radio.
even after that when he left the plane, (static line) all of the old military training kicked in and he flew in a straight line down wind and out of site....didn't see it but at least he proly did a good PLF...the fetchers brought him back uninjured, and I never seen him again.
Experience is a difficult teacher, she gives you the test first and the lesson afterward

I watched a friend of a friend do an FJC and then have a canopy collision with a level 4 student at under 1000ft. Level 4 guy was a few feet lower so when he cutaway, his main wrapped up Level 1 guy. Everyone was fine and both continued jumping but man...that was crazy to watch.
Someday Never Comes

Had an army ex-army airborn guy show up at the DZ one day...

:D:D
One better:

Mr. Macho did really well in FJC. Performed flawlessly.
AFF Level 1 - on exit, with feet together, he bent forward and grabbed his non-existent belly reserve.

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride! E-ticket version.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Many moons ago, in the days when dinosaurs were still roaming and we were all on rounds, I watched a friend cut away a perfectly functioning Para-Commander and land his reserve.

When we asked him why he had cut away, he replied that he got really scared when looked up and saw all the HOLES (normal modifications / cut-outs) in the canopy!!!!.....:S