TerminatorSRT4

Anyone else like hop n pops?

Is that because that's all a 182 can get up to with a load of anvils?

Oklahoma, August, 182... might even be three anvils and a skinny lil fokker. :o
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

My DZO says they used to only go to 7,500 and turn just as many points as we do from 9,000, then I asked when they opened...

hehe, Yup, 7500' was considered the top unless you went to a boogie.

Skydive Tulsa DZO did 104 HnP's from 2100-2500' in 12 hours out of a C182 for a fund-raiser.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=542777;search_string=dale%20settle;#542777

WTF, that was five years ago already!?!?!?! :S

I "think" Jay Stoke's jumps were from around 2,100 for 24 hours - 641 times.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2605286;search_string=jay%20stokes;#2605177
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

How long ago was that, and was it in the days of rounds?

I'm pretty sure they were squares, but just barely. Sabre's might have been out then.

Oy, We had squares before ZP!!

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

How long ago was that, and was it in the days of rounds?

I'm pretty sure they were squares, but just barely. Sabre's might have been out then.

Oy, We had squares before ZP!!

Yep they would have been Fury's, Stratoclouds, and I don't know what else, 7 cell F-111's.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

Hey Jerry,

That is a shame. Course, I'm not sure the USPA recognizes those types of records in any formal manner. we submitted Dale's 104 as the Oklahoma and world record out of a C-182 (Having beat out a South African record of 100 from a C182). They told us they didn't recognize or delineate those types of events for the record books.

Which I can "kinda" understand... 50 states, types of A/C, number of jumps, etc. Suppose the best one can do is like Jay and submit it to Guinness.

Course if nothing else; Rocky's accomplishment "could" make it into parachutehistory.com in some sort of "extraordinary jumps" category that everyone could submit for review.

Big

What's cool is when you have a good otter load of people doing hop and pops. It is cool to open up and then watch everyone else just jump and dump one right after another

Agreed. That H&P from 2800 I mentioned earlier was part of a small demo jump we did in Florida, because the cloud layer was low.

What was funny is that half of the jumpers said they weren't going to go, because of the low altitude. I was already used to San Diego's 3000ft H&P's, so I went 3rd out. Next thing I know, all the jumpers got a little bolder, and there were 14 canopies in the air. Great jump for those that did it, although it was unfortunate the 2nd load couldn't jump. The cloud layer went down to 1500ft, and I don't think anyone's up for a H&P from that altitude.
Skydiving: You either learn from other's mistakes, or they'll learn from yours.

H&P's are great fun. At my DZ everyone is surprised when I go all the way up. I get poked fun at because I like them, Low, High, whatever. Just get me above the power lines and I'll be fine.

The only "scare" I had was when I was jumping a Classic 304 that someone else packed for me. I got out at about 2k and had about a 1k snivel.:o I was pumping the risers like crazy, started to reach for the cutaway and it finished opening. I landed on the tuffet, and went to change my pants.:$

The cloud layer went down to 1500ft, and I don't think anyone's up for a H&P from that altitude.

Me, me, I did it! Once. The next lowest was from 1,800' with the same bungee pilot chute I mentioned earlier (will any of the younger folk even know what that is? Or why it's scary at 1,500' - 1,800'?) into a Herd boogie and after three of the Knights who did CRW. It was raining and we got the only jumps of the boogie because it rained the whole week. We were in the Otter being loaned to United for the boogie and we weren't technically allowed to land with the plane because it's not a passenger plane or some such thing, and we sort of couldn't get in the plane knowing we could neither land with it nor legally jump from it with that cloud base. So we got in anyway along with the cargo and jumped anyway at 1,800' in the rain. I swear I could touch both earth and sky from the door. Everything seemed that close.

i love the way you hear your canopy opening and you see your legs get flung up in front of you, looking up and seeing the canopy slightly wrinkled as it's not yet fully pressurised. It goes from being in a noisy plane to a quite canopy ride within seconds. It' an awsome feeling. :)

If in doubt, whip it out...