danny2485

what do i need to go to england and jump?

i want to get certified in february and my friends from when i lived in england are doing a jump in may. id like to make it over since i havent seen them in forever and want to be able to jump by myself. are there different rules on how many jumps i have to have. do i have to have 25? thanks guys

If you don't have your A licence, you will be a student and you will be treated as such, so get that if you can. Bring your (well filled out) logbook as well. You'll also need to purchase temporary membership of the British Parachute Association.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

so what does being a student over there mean?

Well, you'll be subject to stricter wind limits (15 knots), mandatory safety equipment (RSL, AAD etc although some dropzones require AAD beyond A licence), depending on where you are in your training you'll need additional instruction (I wouldn't even recommend changing DZs back home, let alone trying to slot into a different country's system), and there has to be an instructor on board to dispatch you. It'll just be a lot easier if you have your A licence! Which DZ do you think you'll be jumping at?
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

wow thanks everyone. maybe ill just do a tandem if i end up going. id like to go just to see friends but they are doing a tandem in may. i guess i can just do one and worry about getting my A here

Uh huh, I don't know about other centres but Netheravon offers tandems for 225 pounds sterling. ouch.

Try and get you A befor u come over. Or at least finish you AFF. If u finish your AFF, u should be able to do solo's but they might ask to do a check jump with u first. Where did u live in the UK befor u moved?
Live hard, Live fast, Die broke.
D.S. 118118