samlukeanthony

TV show asks: What are the world's ultimate drop zones and why?

The Blue Sky Ranch in Gardiner, NY stands right up there side by side with Z-Hills for overall vibe.

i second that..the blue sky ranch is an amazing dropzone and its where pond swooping began...its legendary in that aspect plus many more..

highly recommend coming to the ranch to find out for yourself..
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

>I am particularly interested in Drop Zones with spectacular and interesting views.

Most spectacular drop zone I've ever jumped at was a temporary one, over the Knik glacier in Alaska. Mountains all around you, a terminal lake beneath you, and a glacier snaking back up into the mountains.

at the risk of sounding stupid (i'm used to it), what is a terminal lake?
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

>I am particularly interested in Drop Zones with spectacular and interesting views.

Most spectacular drop zone I've ever jumped at was a temporary one, over the Knik glacier in Alaska. Mountains all around you, a terminal lake beneath you, and a glacier snaking back up into the mountains.

A lake that only has water flowing in, not out.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

A lake that only has water flowing in, not out.

But if it only flows in, and never flows out; wouldn't it eventually fill up and overflow?

And how come the oceans are all saltwater, but most lakes, streams, rivers, etc are freshwater?

And what keeps the water in our stream flowing on the surface versus just seeping into the ground? I could run the hose for days on end and the water just keeps soaking into the soil without creating a stream.

Better get this right, cuz my next question is about magnetism; and the show starts in 30 minutes.

Bill Nye
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

For scenery, of the places I've actually jumped:

1) Gap Tallard in France, in a valley at the foot of the Alps - especially early in the season when there still plenty of snow on the mountains, and you're looking down on skiers during the climb to altitude. It's also a strange perspective for those of used to jumping over pretty flat landscapes. Below about 4,000 ft everything suddenly becomes 3D!

2) Umm Al Quwain in the United Arab Emirates. On one side a lagoon and the sea, and on the other the desert.

I'm sure there are more spectacular DZs but I haven't jumped at them.