Ripley10001

Is jumping without a parachute safe?

[reply

Hey, I'd do that chuteless jump for the right kind of money, well then:P:P:P just curious what would be the right kind of money? I don't have a dog in this fight and was just wondering. what kind of money would it take to risk not making it home to that hottie your married to. cause we all know what kind of hottie your married to right?;)

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

BASE jumpers HAVE a parachute ... and if they are smart, and jumping from a decent height (EL Cap, Angel Falls, who knows how many Norwegian walls) they should wear both...

Spoken like a true skydiver!:S:D
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

[reply

Hey, I'd do that chuteless jump for the right kind of money, well then:P:P:P just curious what would be the right kind of money? I don't have a dog in this fight and was just wondering. what kind of money would it take to risk not making it home to that hottie your married to. cause we all know what kind of hottie your married to right?;)

Well, you're not going to get that kind of money. The first chuteless jumps (Bill Coles', anyways) were done more or less 'on spec'. You do it and we'll see what it's worth. After successful completion your rep as a stuntman goes up and you can command more money for other stuff.

He (Cole) was offered a considerable amount of money to jump the CN Tower before Dar Robinson did it. Dar ended up doing it for quite a bit less than that because, like I said, it would be good for his portfolio, and he wanted to do it....
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Not something I would do, but to each his / her own. Unsafe? Just for him (assuming he is not jumping over a subdivision or something)

I instead will swoop my PD navigator 220 after dumping from 500 ft in a wingsuit without goggles attempting to run out an off DZ because the green light wasnt on downwind landing in hurricane force gusts I will probably aim for a fence or something to slow me down.. all in all pretty safe..
Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.

I thought, in two seconds, I'm going to be his last chance for survival. It's all up to me now," Palmer says. "Then I looked at Travis. I've seen a lot of people jump, and I've seen a lot of fear. And there was none." Then, one by one, they jumped.

That's quoted from the ESPN article and that is exactly why he is a nut case in my book. He is not scared. :ph34r:

I've been called an adrenaline junkie, but skydiving scares the shit out of me. I know how easy it would be for me to die and I run through every possibility on every skydive. Pastrana must just be damn good at not thinking about it. :P
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan

Anyone with over 200 jumps actually think this would be difficult?

I mean there would have to be some planning involved and you would have to get some decent jumpers. The better the skydivers with you the higher the cushion for error. But shit, I had better looking skydives on my freefall program than Travis' jump. (Course I was wearing a shirt)

It does take a critical combination of balls and stupidity. Anyone would be nervous, but it's a pretty simple jump.

Just like the 500 way is only going to be a one point skydive right ;) (I'm kidding about that one)

I'd like to see a 100 way with only A licence jumpers. now THAT would be impressive!

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

BASE jumpers HAVE a parachute ... and if they are smart, and jumping from a decent height (EL Cap, Angel Falls, who knows how many Norwegian walls) they should wear both...

Spoken like a true skydiver!:S:D

:D:D
If your gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Your mom goes HandHeld