shah269

Is this the right form to fill and pay for?

Guys, Gals, is this the form I need to fill up and send in after i pass the ground test?

http://www.uspa.org/USPAMembers/Membership/JoinRenew/tabid/117/Default.aspx
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Yes, the Individual Membership Application. No "ground test" needed. Where did you hear about that?

3 jumps
ground test
fill and pay for form
then
buy a round a drinks?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

http://www.uspa.org/Portals/0/Downloads/Form_MembershipNewandRenewing_2009_04.pdf

should be the right one, its not the one I filled out but it looks like they updated it april 09
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Yes, the Individual Membership Application. No "ground test" needed. Where did you hear about that?

3 jumps
ground test
fill and pay for form
then
buy a round a drinks?

No ground test required

I think I filled my membership app after a few AFF jumps, you can be a member, you dont HAVE to be a skydiver to be a member.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Yes, that is the correct page to join USPA.

Then, once you get all of your requirements completed for your A license you will pay another fee to get your A license number (the yellow card that is either 1/2 page or a full page).

On the form at the URL above...

Select "New, Annual; U.S. Mailing Addresses, incl. APO/FPO: $65", do not fill in any of the boxes in the first section (USPA License Numbers, Membership Number, etc) because you're a new member and don't have any yet.

Fill in the 2nd section, add it to your cart and check out.

Gary, you must have missed that part of the last meeting. They have a new ground test to see if you are 'becoming' enough to be a member. If you fail the test, then they write you a nice custom letter saying you are 'unbecoming a skydiver' and deny your membership.
I've 'heard' that mooning a pilot doing a buzz job, flashing your tits, writing profanity laced emails and publicly expressing personal opinions are among the reasons to deny or revoke membership.
If you pass, you get the form letter, another decal, a shiny new membership card and an ad magazine with a letter or two from members.
But wait - that's not all - you get exuberant lobbyists fending off undue government regulation to such an extent as to publish falsehoods in official documents that drag the organization into lawsuits that they settle and infuse money to beat down a manufacturer.
At the upcoming meeting there is a movement to add in a Ginsu knife set for an extra $10.00.
(It has a sponsor logo on the handle.)

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

Never claimed to even be a good jumper.
I don't believe I even made a reference to such a thing as an "elite jumper

You my sir have taken my comment out of context so at least get your reply correct!!!!

Bryan
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

My bust then..I'm not that savy when it comes to the net world...Just my jump# as it would be

Then I send out a apology...I'm sorry if I got irate

Bry

Thank you for pointing that out:)

--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

I've 'heard' that mooning a pilot doing a buzz job, flashing your tits, writing profanity laced emails and publicly expressing personal opinions are among the reasons to deny or revoke membership.

I always thought not doing those things was conduct unbecoming a skydiver

Methane Freefly - got stink?

I always thought not doing those things was conduct unbecoming a skydiver

I always thought that too. But, hey, times are achangin'.
There is a big billboard of new 'rules' in the works that predetermine your fate for certain things.
I thought it was a guideline, but it is being pushed by the collective and too many of the assimilated don't see the dangers of hard wiring and non-uniform enforcement.
The really sad part is that no one else knows about these things, except a handful of people that think they 'know best'.
It's like Congress voting on bills they haven't read.
Same problem, but it does not have to be that way, nor should it be that way if proper amendment procedures were followed.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker