SuperKat

Video: Poor seperation after break off.

P.S. ....Who was that guy in the yellow jumpsuit anyway? Mel Stiller??

Someone else tkae another look at that & tell me he doesn't look like ol' Mel Stiller ...LOL!! :ph34r::D:D

Man, am I dating myself now though or what, eh?
For MOST of you out there..... Yes, that would be BEN Stiller's dad. Of Stiller and Meara (sp?) fame.

SHIT, I just looked at it even AGAIN and I can't help but to see that. Man ...just cracks me up!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

Actually, I think we're pretty much just posting back-n-forth nearly SIMULTANEOUSLY "at" each other! :o

Yeah I hear ya.

By the time I clear my reply screen, either somebody else has already "gotten to you", or you've replied with the answer. ...My bad. :)

There's nothing wrong with overkill on getting a point across. I live by that rule.

That's the problem with thinking these things are a linear "conversation" sometimes. Most times actually, they're NOT. ...Again, my bad.

Stay with us Grant. It's a mistake we both made. At least it wasn't in the sky where we nearly killed eachother. Mistakes made on the ground are cool with me.

...And it does look like you're "getting it" (albeit with a little extra "prodding" needed :P), so maybe I just need to back away from the keyboard for a bit, and give my tired aging bones a rest.

Nah, I'm just agreeing with you all so that you can get off my back. Lol :D Just kidding. ;) I realized it when I looked at the unedited video myself. Ah the trickery of film editing. Even I was fooled. So the fool, fooled himself.

Hey, you've actually been one of the good ones! Trust me on that. I've kinda secretly been waiting for the quasi-threatening or "get off my back" PM's to start, but I do have to hand it to you... you've been a "good sport". :)

One thing I'm not is hard headed. Maybe at first I try not to stray away from making my point but when I thought about it more and watched the unedited video. I knew that I was wrong. I'm never too big to accept blame. Just as long as you can prove it to me. In this case it went both ways, you guys proved it to me and I saw it for myself.

Sorry to have seemed like such a "nazi".
You posted here to learn.

Of course. I'm not sensitive to criticism, grilling or being scolded at. As long as it's helpful to my development as a skydiver. Put it this way, without you guys and my mentors at the DZ, I wouldn't have stayed alive this long with the many mistakes that I've made in Skydiving. And I learned a lot from this joint and I continue to learn from here.

Good on you!!
Hopefully you HAVE. ...and so have I! ...That there actually just MAY be some people out there who can find a way to possibly even tolerate me. No small order. So kudo's to you for doing it!! -HA! ;)

You're OK in my book, Grant. Dude, I'm from NY. In my opinion, you kept your cool and remained civil and professional. I'm sure billvon will agree with that. You're not even like a fraction of bungholes that I deal with at work. They're the reason why I jump out of perfectly bad airplanes. Lol:D Have a good one buddy. Blue Skies.

What's the most you ever lost in a coin toss, Friendo?

P.S. ....Who was that guy in the yellow jumpsuit anyway? Mel Stiller??

Dude, that's bad man. He's my buddy. First it's iron cross tracker now Mel Stiller. hehehehehe you guys are way too creative.:D

SHIT, I just looked at it even AGAIN and I can't help but to see that. Man ...just cracks me up!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Yeah thanks. Now I won't be able to look at him with a straight face again. Thanks a lot. And that's my buddy too. Poor guy. Can't track and looks like Mel Stiller. Should I be honest with him the next time he brags about his track?

Superkat... Hopefully you went somewhere and thanked the GODS that neither one of you were hurt. Like everyone has stated, one time maybe a mistake, second time it's a habit. Yell, scream, with or with an instructor, or at the least, DON"T jump with him. I have an idea who it was and believe me I will yell and scream at him and I wasn't on the jump.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, Shouting "...holy shit...what a ride!"

Superkat... Hopefully you went somewhere and thanked the GODS that neither one of you were hurt. Like everyone has stated, one time maybe a mistake, second time it's a habit. Yell, scream, with or with an instructor, or at the least, DON"T jump with him. I have an idea who it was and believe me I will yell and scream at him and I wasn't on the jump.

Tell me about it coach. It's okay. We'll talk to him together with an instructor. It's also partially my fault too I was backsliding and I didn't watch out for him. So both of us were knuckleheads on this jump. I'm usually up on my game but I slipped this one time and I almost paid it with my life. Thanks for looking out for me coach.

I wouldnt want to jump with that guy again until he can at least admit that there was something very wrong with how close you guys opened.

He might be your mate, but he's not worth dying for.

No matter how you approach it he will probably get defensive. I had a gentle word to someone a few weeks ago who cut in front of me at about 150'. I knew being an ass to him wouldnt get through so I just asked him what happened and he still got upset at me. Sometimes you cant win, sometiems people get the shits at you, but as far as I'm concerned it's worth it if it'll make you safer next time.
www.TerminalSports.com.auAustralia's largest skydive gear store

I wouldnt want to jump with that guy again until he can at least admit that there was something very wrong with how close you guys opened.

I can't totally blame him Nael. I have to accept some responsibility too.

He might be your mate, but he's not worth dying for.

You're right. I'll talk to him with people that have jumped with him and with a JM too.

No matter how you approach it he will probably get defensive. I had a gentle word to someone a few weeks ago who cut in front of me at about 150'. I knew being an ass to him wouldnt get through so I just asked him what happened and he still got upset at me. Sometimes you cant win, sometiems people get the shits at you, but as far as I'm concerned it's worth it if it'll make you safer next time.

Good thing nothing happened to you either. We'll see what happens. We'll have some people talk together with him.

I wonder if your jumping bro; the one you had the close call with, is reading this forum? I wonder what he thinks? Having all this drama spread out over the net for every one to see. I bet he would be embarrassed. Poor guy.

I wonder if your jumping bro; the one you had the close call with, is reading this forum? I wonder what he thinks? Having all this drama spread out over the net for every one to see. I bet he would be embarrassed. Poor guy.

Why should he be? I accept full blame for this near accident. I owned up to it. Yeah some words were said but I owned up the mistake in the end.

I don't think you need to blame yourself! Great video anyway, thanks for sharing it

Well, I'm the hipocrite who always preaches about keeping things safe and what do to when something happens and I didn't practice what I preach. I always bitch about having skydiving common sense and I didn't have wits about me this time.

If he likes getting on the big ways at the DZ, fixing his attitude might take a talk from the top load organizer.

I have pointed out lousy tracking during video debriefs, your complaint is nothing compared to peer pressure in front of all the hot local RW jumpers.

Some good jumpers are just lousy trackers and it can look like they get used to everyone else streaking away before they even get in 1st gear, so they figure they can pull. Then you put 2 similar trackers on the same load, or video and you have trouble.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

That looked exciting.

I skimmed the thread and you may have back slid but the guy who opened close to you didn't track well. There's no way you back slid all that far.

The Iron Cross tracker could use a few tracking dives to polish up on his skills too :D

Shit happens and your eyes open wider.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

But you didn't even look to see the other guy before you pulled.

Perhaps in your effort to film the guy tracking, you were also backsliding?

Girl, you have to read the previous posts first before you make a reply like this.;) Blue Skies.:)

Some good jumpers are just lousy trackers and it can look like they get used to everyone else streaking away before they even get in 1st gear, so they figure they can pull. Then you put 2 similar trackers on the same load, or video and you have trouble.

I know what you mean. I know a lot of those lazy tracking people. In this dive, I purposely went low to get the other guy tracking away on video. I think if the other guy didn't take 10 seconds from breakoff to pull too, this may not even have happened. However, that wasn't the case and I should have looked out for him. I looked side to side but not up and behind me.

That looked exciting.

Maybe for you base jumpin' dude but that took some years off my life. lol :D

I skimmed the thread and you may have back slid but the guy who opened close to you didn't track well. There's no way you back slid all that far.

Thanks for pointing that out hookit. I didn't want to seem like I was being hard headed but I too think I couldn't have back slid that far but I can't prove it and I didn't get the guy that didn't track too well on film so I can't prove that either. Therefore, evidence points out that I backslid towards him and I failed to look behind me or above me.

T

he Iron Cross tracker could use a few tracking dives to polish up on his skills too :D

Man, you guys keep picking on my buddy. Poor guy can't even defend himself. I have some even more funnier videos of him tracking when we did a two way tracking dive but it's too embarassing and I can't do that to my buddy.:S

Shit happens and your eyes open wider.

Yes it does. Like I said, the one time I fell asleep in air, I almost permanently f*cked myself.

As it's not the 1st time, avoid jumping with him...

Bingo!

You guys are a rough crowd man. Just straight to the guillotine, eh?:)
I concur. However, I want to at least express my feelings about this with him. Maybe he'll realize that he needs to work on being alert and tracking better. I at least owe him that much before I cut him off.

firstly you are waaay too close, do you have a wide angle lens on the camera too? if so you're even closer than you appear to be, but it must be very close coz you can hear the other guys voice clearly on the video!!

secondly this is a very good reason to check your airspace and have a good idea of where other jumpers are in your group, especially at pull time. I've been in a 2-way jump before where the plan was for me so stay in place and the other jumper to track away, (he was pretty low time, and wanted me to watch how much movement he got in a track) well needless to say that plan went out of the window, as his track was very weak not clearing much air between us. so I turned and buggered off out of his airspace ensuring we had safe separation when we opened.

so keep an eye out for others, and remember things dont always go to plan

firstly you are waaay too close, do you have a wide angle lens on the camera too? if so you're even closer than you appear to be, but it must be very close coz you can hear the other guys voice clearly on the video!!

secondly this is a very good reason to check your airspace and have a good idea of where other jumpers are in your group, especially at pull time. I've been in a 2-way jump before where the plan was for me so stay in place and the other jumper to track away, (he was pretty low time, and wanted me to watch how much movement he got in a track) well needless to say that plan went out of the window, as his track was very weak not clearing much air between us. so I turned and buggered off out of his airspace ensuring we had safe separation when we opened.

so keep an eye out for others, and remember things dont always go to plan

Dude, you're not following forum rules. Read the previous posts first please. Then, make new comments and bring up new points.

Thanks

So the question is: Do you think we're dangerously close to eachother upon opening or not?

Sorry, but at 300 jumps I can't believe you even had to ask the question.

Jump numbers have nothing to do with this chris. I'm not a self-righteous person. I'm an objective person that tries to other people's opinions first before I make judgement calls. The guy said he wasn't that close to me. I said he was too close to me. We didn't agree so I'm looking for other's opinions. How does my jump numbers help me make that decision? Does that make me above anyone else that has lower jump numbers than me? You have to be ojective dude. I try not to be one track minded.

You really have to ask the question?

I think you guys were very, very lucky.

I only ask because I told the dude about this problem and I even showed him the video. He thought that we weren't that close. So I don't want to be a righteous prick and make judgements first. That's why I'm asking for opinions.

300 feet of separation is desirable and easily achievable at opening time. That was not 300 feet. The offender needs instruction in tracking.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.