ZigZagMarquis

Cal City Otter & C206 at Pepperell, MA

Cal City Otter soon to be on the History Channels "The Works" episode 9. Just got a call from the Discovery Channel 30 minutes ago so maybe more on your Plasma TV. Thanks Gary.

Well, isn't that just fitting? You've got to move away from L.A. to get on TV... :D

PS - Let me guess - it's the 'Beer' episode, right? ;)

Looking forward to it!
Signatures are the new black.

Here's the real deal...B|
"THE WORKS: SKYDIVING (Thursday, September 18 at 10pm ET/PT)
"Many of us have marveled to see a man whizzing to earth in free fall wondering how it’s possible. Now, we’re uncovering the physics, biology and technology behind skydiving. Its history in World War II aside, skydiving today has many surprising applications, from law enforcement to fire jumping, that few ever consider. Find out firsthand why free falling is so thrilling physiologically and how scientists are using skydiving to develop new technology for undersea, outer space and medical uses."

Meanwhile, two pics (which I notice I already posted once:$).. one with a Pepperell double rainbow, the other with the TV crew getting sound from the show host (not visible). He made a tandem, flew in the SkyVenture NH tunnel, and narrated wingsuit jumps while hanging out the door of 121PM. More in the September Parachutist.

And 121PM made a field trip in July to Orange, MA, where it flew big-way formation loads with Jumptown's Otter.

We've had the pleasure of VP Sr.'s company here lately.

HW

We've had the pleasure of VP Sr.'s company here lately.

:o

Van Sr. made it off of the left coast! Did he fly any loads while there? Was he confused by all that "green stuff" down there when flying around. OR... For that matter, did he let VPJR do the flying and did he do any jumps? :D

Anyway, with fall fast approaching at the Pepperell DZ (... pun intended :P) what are the plans for 1PM and the white C206 over the winter?

vpjr, Emiko,
Y'all could bring the birds back to a certain City in California and run a DZ there for the winter... hint... hint... ;) Yeah, I know, probably not much of a chance... :(

Anyway, with fall fast approaching at the Pepperell DZ (... pun intended Tongue) what are the plans for 1PM and the white C206 over the winter?

I dunno what the plans are, but I know a DZ in CT that would love to keep one of those 206s for the winter. Been enjoying two of the 206s all summer and Van even brought over the Otter a few weeks ago when Pepperell was weathered out.

Dave

Van Sr. made it off of the left coast! Did he fly any loads while there? Was he confused by all that "green stuff" down there when flying around. OR... For that matter, did he let VPJR do the flying and did he do any jumps?

He "borrowed" the brown 206 and disappeared; due back this month, I think. He didn't fly any loads and didn't jump, at least while I was there.

HW

Van Sr. made it off of the left coast! Did he fly any loads while there? Was he confused by all that "green stuff" down there when flying around. OR... For that matter, did he let VPJR do the flying and did he do any jumps?

He "borrowed" the brown 206 and disappeared; due back this month, I think. He didn't fly any loads and didn't jump, at least while I was there.

HW

Hmmmm... Between vpsr, vpjr & spouse's, must be nice to own a FLEET of six aircraft (that I can think of)... :):S:D

Fans of 121PM will appreciate the new paint job for the tool truck.

HW

Looks good!

Looks like Jr & Emiko were smart enough to not have a bunch of drunk skydivers help with the paint job too... :D... the lines are way too straight & even and the colors too consistent. Drunk skydivers would have gotten more paint on the ground, each other, DZ dog, etc. than on the Jr's van. :D:D

... actually, howard, that picture IS a photo of N121PM, see, its really not a Twin Otter, rather 121PM is one of those Transformers Robots that can morph between looking like a Twin Otter or a panel van... :o:P:S:D:D;):):):ph34r:

... OH! and tell Jr & Emiko they should trick out the tool van with a set of chrome spinners... that would be sick! :P

HW, has Jr gone off the deep end painting everything to match the old worn Pilgrim Air paint scheme that is still on 121PM?

What's next? Is he going to start knitting sweaters in that color pattern!??! :D

Actually, we were always trying to get Van Sr to put a new paint job on 1PM... but then the topic of how much it would cost and who was going to cough up the $$$ :o... and that always shut us up. :S:D:P

How about my buddy Robert? Has he found a home? I never thought I'd find myself actually MISSING all his corny jokes! :D

I sure hope he is doing well.

You all were like such FAMILY to me, even though I only got the very rare opportunity to visit (all the way from the east coast) so sporadically. Yet, none-the-less, every time I did, I always fealt like I was "HOME".

Cal City is missed by many more than you probably know. And farther and wider no doubt than even I do as well.

Mike Davidson (Sr.) out here always wanted me to send a special shout-out to soko (sp?) - and of course I always forgot. Someday, I will still find a way to make that up.

I sincerely wish EVERYBODY, especially Van Sr., and Alberta - who so richly deserve their retirement I also hope they are now enjoying - nothing but the very best.

BLUE SKIES CAL CITY!
Great Video.
Thank you for posting that.

Blues,
-Grant

(The guy always calling for directions, en-route. over & over again ALL DAY LONG, no matter how many times I had been out there! :);)

coitus non circum - Moab Stone

Yes. Although the brown 206 is still brown (as least as of last Thursday, when I flew in it.)

HW

Yeah, well somewhere I have a 1/72 Testors model kit of a Twin Otter that I always meant to get around to putting together and painting up with my "suggestion" to Van Sr. on how to repaint 1PM.

:D

Never got around to it though before the place closed up.

:(