surfbum5412

What happened to Freeflying at Perris?

For the past year or so at Perris, there have been only RW events; as far as freeflyers go, they have migrated to Elsinore. And people visiting the area have told me that "Perris is a thing of the past [as far the freefly scene goes]"

Did Perris intentionally carve out their niche as an RW dropzone? Looking at who does the marketing for both DZ's, I know that Dan BC only promotes RW and at Elsinore, MEL promotes both RW AND FREFFLY.

>as far as freeflyers go, they have migrated to Elsinore.

And San Diego, where most days nary a bellyflyer is seen. Although there is a 4-way team down there that's changing that a bit.

>Did Perris intentionally carve out their niche as an RW dropzone?

They definitely concentrate on RW because of the resources they have there to support it. However, on any given load there are usually a handful of freeflyers.

"they grew up?"

kidding....

I like a DZ that has a mix of every discipline - means more friends to jump with

also, an atmosphere of people that do several disciplines is a lot more fun than hanging with a bunch of one-discipline wonders (and their shoulder chips):ph34r:

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Exactly why I dont; bother going to Otay, which is only abotu 10 miles from my house, Only free fliers, and Youngins...Not many Old farts flying on thier bellies!

I freefly only to shoot vidoe, to get those unique angles, But just love th efeeling fo being a bird on my belly better!

>Perris has always been an RW dropzone.

There were a lot of freeflyers in the late 1990's. It's gotten away from that lately.

Having jumped there since the late 70's I was aware of that. And it still has always be an RW dropzone.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals