michelle22

straight legs

hi everyone...i just did my first afp jump on wednesday...i did have a couple of problems..but i did pass...my major problem were my legs in freefall....my legs kept going straight...everytime my instructor gave my the bend leg signal..i would bend them and like 2 seconds later they would be straight again...this happened all through the freefall....any advice would be greatly appreciated...i dont know if this matters but i am very petite..thanx

peace and love
michelle

Relax, don't worry about it, talk to your instructors and the most important thing you can do is do NOT come to the internet for advice. You need to stick with your instructors, who have the ratings and experience to help you safely learn.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Hey Michelle,

Did you enjoy your first skydive?
I was exactly the same on my first jump, my mind was so overloaded with so many new visulisations and senses that my legs were pretty much tucked up to my butt until about half way through the jump and realised what I was actually doing!

I think this is probably what happened to you. It's not such a big deal your instructors are the best people to talk to about it, they will most likely show you footage of your jump and then work on how to correct it before your 2nd jump. You now have an idea of what skydiving feels like so your more than likely to perform better next time round.

Simon :)
PS i am not an instructor just letting you know that it happend to me too B|

If in doubt, whip it out...

if you fill out more information more can be offered...like if you live near a tunnel you cna go to the tunnel. just work it on the ground and get the muscle memory going, lay on your floor and arch infront of a mirror or something.
IHYD

hi everyone...i just did my first afp jump on wednesday...i did have a couple of problems..but i did pass...my major problem were my legs in freefall....my legs kept going straight...everytime my instructor gave my the bend leg signal..i would bend them and like 2 seconds later they would be straight again...this happened all through the freefall....any advice would be greatly appreciated...i dont know if this matters but i am very petite..thanx

peace and love
michelle

Michelle,

Did your instructor give you corrective training immediately after the jump? If there was a problem with your leg position in freefal,l he/she should have immediately explained what the problem was, show you how to fix it and have you practice it until he felt you had the proper position and knowledge to fix the problem.

I think the fact that you walked away not knowing how to correct the problem is a little unsettling for me.
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

Michelle,

Did your instructor give you corrective training immediately after the jump? If there was a problem with your leg position in freefal,l he/she should have immediately explained what the problem was, show you how to fix it and have you practice it until he felt you had the proper position and knowledge to fix the problem.

I think the fact that you walked away not knowing how to correct the problem is a little unsettling for me.

Nice job trying to sow seeds of doubt in this student's mind about the competency of their instructors.

How would you feel if your student showed up at the DZ next weekend thinking you were all f'ed up because of something a stanger posted on the internet?

- Dan G