JohnRich

Woopy Jump: Mixing skiing & parachuting

A Frenchman has created an inflatable wing - "part balloon, part paraglider - that can be used while skiing or snowboarding to extend jumps, ease landings, and pull off absurd leaps over crevasses and ravines."

Source: "National Geographic Adventurer" magazine

Check it out here:
http://www.woopyjump.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=64

Try http://www.speedriding-school.com/speedflying-school.html.

Gave it a go once on my first ski trip but didn't have enough ski experience to get it to work, normally people would have 6 years ski experience, not the 6 days I had. But looks great fun, maybe i'll give it a go in 5 years.

Nick

Nick
Gravity- It's not just a good idea, it's the LAW!

I dont live around snow, so i may never get to try it.. looks like a blast though.. In speed flying... Do you use your main canopy? The one you skydive with
?
"In this game you can't predict the future. You just have to play the odds. "-JohnMitchell

I dont live around snow, so i may never get to try it.. looks like a blast though.. In speed flying... Do you use your main canopy? The one you skydive with
?

i have a ground launch specific wing, but a lot of skydivers just use their mains. There are some threads about it on here if you search, but you dont need snow, plenty of people foot launch as well.