NovaTTT

Skyride's Gay Skydiving Advert

The funniest thing I found while perusing the Skydive AZ v Skyride verdict was this website:

Gay Skydiving

Personally, I couldn't and don't care less about anyone's sexuality, but this advert is nuts. It's overtly in-your-face and gratuitous and I think it's hilarious.

I wonder how the people pictured feel about their image being used to this purpose?

What do you think about Gay Skydiving?
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

Where the link/$ goes is a different matter, and debate. This is about the ad itself, not the C & B BS and what the future is for sLyride.

It's obviously just another sleazy method for them to deceive and divert, but that's not the poll! ;)

"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

I think it could be considered as a form of discrimination or even possibly a hate crime! It depicts the Gay Skydiving community as a bunch naked guys running around and smooching etc. And I am pretty sure the guy standing in front of the tent is either wacking it, or hugging another man, I can't tell what the white object is in front of him.
Mdrejhon and the Rainbow Skydivers should be pretty pissed about it.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

They've had this since I was advertising Rainbow Boogie 2006 and Rainbow Boogie 2009. I have tried to out-Google-rank ASC.

My website is www.RainbowSkydive.com which links to our Twitter and Facebook pages, of which almost 100 RainbowSkydivers have joined now.

It is #1 in the google search for "gay skydiving" in most contexts, but sometimes ASC still out-google-ranks me -- which is a damn shame, because some actually google search "gay skydiving" according to google analytics...

Ideally, do not post their link, so that Google doesn't spider this page and re-ranks ASC a little higher because somebody posted ASC's link. ;)

One of us RainbowSkydivers, who was at Cross Keys, did his AFF at ASC (we jokingly/cordially make fun of that, but respect that he didn't know, and took up the hobby anyway). He's in the closet. But as a spy, he tells me that it's exaggerated advertising. There's nobody obviously on his gaydar at ASC, and this is just another way for ASC to advertise their skyride dropzone. ASC does, I believe, attract tandems from Atlanta gay pride -- at least that's what I heard. Phamphlets, cards, etc. I could be wrong though. Oh well.

BSBD Steve Harrington, fly free...
(He was one of us, by the way.)

Hi MD

Can we help your google ranking by hitting on your link:$ I mean websight:)

LOL... Wish it did.

Clicking the link won't affect my Google ranking. And hum, hitting on me, for that matter, won't help the website's Google Rank either... :)

Posting and mentioning my site and link everywhere on the Internet, however will raise my rank as Google scans websites. Anyone is welcome to blog, tweet, post, or mention my site -- just don't even mention this 'other' one. :S

Hi MD

After reading your response I checked out the "other one" again.

I guess this time I had my speakers turned up and was surprised to hear the snappy music. I'm fairly sure i heard that tune before.

Don't make no difference to me but based on past history I would be surprised if the "other one" paid for the rights to that music:ph34r:

BTW I have a reputation to uphold:S So I want to make it perfectly clear to every one that doesn't know me and I'll never meat;) that I wasn't offering to hit on MD . I was just offering to hit on his his link.:|

http://www.RainbowSkydive.com

Hit on the link IMO nice link, except didn't hear any music,

On a happy note I did notice those nice T-shirts with your logo. I'm not going to ask what a person has to do to get one;)

But I will ask are the T-shirts available for sale? :) Got a link for the T-shirts.:)
Btw I'm a X skydiver.

One Jump Wonder

Have you considered the possibility that the website is an adolescent joke? I find what appears to be the posthumous outing of another person offensive. Qualifying skydivers as gay/ not gay is pretty ridiculous as well. It's even less accessible than gay rodeo. (hi Brian).

For the record, ASC has a homosexual TI. He spray tans, uses steroids for the big titty/bird leg look. A real butchy gi Joe haircut with lots of product completes the look. He is divine.

I bet your "spy" remembers him well. Good luck with your google ranking. You'll find a way to get on top!

Yeah, could be an adolescent joke.
The URL content has barely changed over the years.
The content is quite 'pink-glitter' drag queen league stuff that doesn't reflect the Rainbow Skydivers as a whole, but we aren't offended, just don't like the assocation with an often-shady skydive booking agency that often in the past, historically google-outranked us...

It is hosted on ASC website though since 2006 or sometime before then, as I've been paying attention to the URL from now and then. It appear to have embedded searcn-engine-optimization techniques that help it rank higher on Google.

www - ascskydiving - com / gayskydiving.html

[I will NOT to ever make this a clicky on the web.]

It's business as usual until they get caught in the scam that they are, then, "Oh, well, that was just a joke". Don't get sucked in to that excuse! They will stop at nothing to make a dollar and slurring the Gay community is no exception! Consider the source before giving them the "Benefit of the doubt"!
There are laws in place to keep that from happening, but I guess that would be like what they said about the Tennessee Truth in Advertising Law, "Oh, that law don't pertain to us".

It was NOT a joke, it WAS Business as usual!
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

I think it could be considered as a form of discrimination or even possibly a hate crime! It depicts the Gay Skydiving community as a bunch naked guys running around and smooching etc. And I am pretty sure the guy standing in front of the tent is either wacking it, or hugging another man, I can't tell what the white object is in front of him.
Mdrejhon and the Rainbow Skydivers should be pretty pissed about it.

I think you just described an episode of Will and Grace. So...then what?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

It's humorous, and over the top. Does that really appeal to anyone? How about a DZ that specalizes in taking lumberjacks for their first "experience" or maybe one for recovering game-aholics? Any DZ or advertiasement that emphasizes something other than the skydive is pathetic.

Now, to the real issue. Can anybody point me to a DZ that specializes in accomodating jumpers with really big feet?

BTW, that parenthetical "very friendly" is a hoot.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

ARe you serious? Obviously the site was built as a joke. Probably meant as a prank on the people whos pictures appear on the page.
I think you are a little obsessed with thinking everything is a scam. To be honest, the more you express yourself, the more you continue to discredit yourself. I have gathered a different picture of you then i originally had. Your radical hyper-focus on the negative is concerning. After reading your recent admissions of doing illegal demos and not giving a crap then I would say that you have little room to talk about others that might do wrong. Not only do your over the line, unjustified actions against skyride dropzones hurt the sport. But apparently so do your personal skydiving activities. How current were you when you did these demos??

I've already spoke my opinion about the demo thing, however it was hardly illegal as you put it, but aside of the demo part, How do you figure he is discrediting himself?
He merely pointed out a proven fact that 1 800 Skyride, or ASC AST or whatever the hell you want to call them, routinely does shit like the Gay Skydiving site and uses it until someone calls them out and then, they say it was "Just a joke". That has happened time and time again, so it does not look like he was the one that got discredited that time. (Again, aside of the demo comment)
Also, as I said before, what the hell does him or anyone doing a demo or even being current have to do with anything in this thread???????

NOT A FUCKING THING!!!!!!!!!!!
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

ARe you serious? Obviously the site was built as a joke. Probably meant as a prank on the people whos pictures appear on the page.
I think you are a little obsessed with thinking everything is a scam. To be honest, the more you express yourself, the more you continue to discredit yourself. I have gathered a different picture of you then i originally had. Your radical hyper-focus on the negative is concerning. After reading your recent admissions of doing illegal demos and not giving a crap then I would say that you have little room to talk about others that might do wrong. Not only do your over the line, unjustified actions against skyride dropzones hurt the sport. But apparently so do your personal skydiving activities. How current were you when you did these demos??

Well said sir.
Jumpdude sees anything associated with skyride, dz's that accept skyride and the staff(even fun jumpers) as nefarious, and loaded with malicious intent. He is a zealot, with no mandate, nor any interest in promoting, much less protecting the sport.
Don't get me started on the damage he is doing to skydiving in middle Tennessee and southern Kentucky with his outright lies and slander. He is a bigger blight, on a much smaller scale, than skyride could ever be construed to be. I know first hand.

He has a long history of flaunting his disregard for the uspa, faa, etc.
older threads on the topic will reveal this, if you care to search.

I know the people the people who put the page up, and who it "targets". There is no real market to exploit in gay skydiving. IT IS A JOKE...

There are people, like larry hill, jan meyer etc. that are taking direct, legitimate action against something they think is a problem. others like thanatos(or whaever jay calls himself) and seespencefly that bring a relevant perspective to this debate. Jeff Napier(jumpdude) does neither. he is a mean spirited retard who knows jackshit, about jackshit.

Mods, ban away, but if you have any hair on your nuts, you'll leave this post up...

I don't think the moderators' scrotal-follicle status has anything to do with whether or not your post is removed, but rather if it meets a certain criteria.

As for the website, I'll agree it's intention is little more than a tasteless joke (though I find it hard to believe adults created it). It is in bad taste, but little less than I would even take the time to protest; however, it's a precursor to the even more offensive "Cat AIDS" project and the "Villy Bance" mannequin that was videotaped dropped out of an airplane - both also "jokes."

Ha...................ha.
Roll Tide Roll