f1racer696

jumping out of personal planes?

Can anyone find the pic of the Cessna with half of the side missing from a premature? Or maybe a tail strike pic?

im pretty sure the question he asked was what can you damage on a cesna WITH OUT hitting it, anyone and their dog could figure out that you'd damage the plane if you hit it on exit :P

try again :)

how can you damage the plane by jumping out of it? unless you like hit the tail or something?

Maybe you should reread what he actually asked.

The incident I am referring to was a premature deployment that happened when a pilot chute got out the door and the jumper was pulled through the side of the aircraft. The damage was substantial and had nothing to do with hitting the tail. Well, he may have hit the tail after he was pulled THROUGH the side of the airplane.

I think my comment was relevant, unlike yours.

There is a photo of the said incident in Dan Poynters Skydiving Handbook 10th Edition. What a read
Dudeist Skydiver #170
You do not need a parachute to skydive, you only need one to skydive again

I've got maybe 10-12 jumps out of low-wing aircraft, primarily Pipers but one out of a V-tail Beech. 1/2 solos, 1/2 2 ways.
Spotting is a little more interesting out of a low-wing, but no real problem if you know the area.
What could go wrong?
PS It was years ago (maybe 40) and I haven't done it since.
I promise.
This is the paradox of skydiving. We do something very dangerous, expose ourselves to a totally unnecesary risk, and then spend our time trying to make it safer.

The incident I am referring to was a premature deployment that happened when a pilot chute got out the door and the jumper was pulled through the side of the aircraft. The damage was substantial and had nothing to do with hitting the tail. Well, he may have hit the tail after he was pulled THROUGH the side of the airplane.

There is a photo of the said incident in Dan Poynters Skydiving Handbook 10th Edition. What a read

Here it is

"The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo

question:

how the hell did the pilot chute end up OUTSIDE the plane when he was still INSIDE the plane?

like i can see if he is climbing out and then it gets snagged, but if he was inside still? that makes noooo sense to me

oh dude DUde DUDE BRO DUDE. omg DUDE! ummmmm. i forgot....

Dudeist Skydiver #61

question:

how the hell did the pilot chute end up OUTSIDE the plane when he was still INSIDE the plane?

like i can see if he is climbing out and then it gets snagged, but if he was inside still? that makes noooo sense to me

The pilot chute got loose. The wind blowing around inside the plane took it out.[:/]

In that picture there was no door on the plane, in other incidents the door was open (fully or only enough for the pilot chute to escape).

If you are behind the doorframe and the pilot chute goes out, bad things are going to happen.:(
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

It's easy dude, for one thing that is a cargo door C-206, from the looks of the age of photo this may not have had a in flight door, yea in the day we didn't need no stinking door, so a dislodged pin on a bellywart reserve (or main) of someone sitting just inside the door facing the tail and out pops the pilot chute and it gets out the open door.......

Now if your not one fast som bitch to get off your fat ass and out the door in like 1.5 seconds or less, guess where you heading, like it or not.

For those of you PUPS, who have never worn vintage gear, test it out sometime, get you a full kit with bellywart and go up and drop you three SL students, leave the door open for the go arounds.......watch those handles!

(hint: top pull handles are your friend)
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

It's easy dude, for one thing that is a cargo door C-206, from the looks of the age of photo this may not have had a in flight door, yea in the day we didn't need no stinking door, so a dislodged pin on a bellywart reserve (or main) of someone sitting just inside the door facing the tail and out pops the pilot chute and it gets out the open door.......

Now if your not one fast som bitch to get off your fat ass and out the door in like 1.5 seconds or less, guess where you heading, like it or not.

For those of you PUPS, who have never worn vintage gear, test it out sometime, get you a full kit with bellywart and go up and drop you three SL students, leave the door open for the go arounds.......watch those handles!

(hint: top pull handles are your friend)

I always took the wart off while hangin' meat.

For a while I had two rigs, both a conventional and a piggyback...more fun less packing. ;)

We use to bomb out after chucking the last student and do a H & P... once, just as I left the step I realized I had the 'old' rig on and that the reserve was still behind the pilots seat! :o:S:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~