jigneshsoni

Skydiving Prices

I woder how people end up doing 500,600 even thousands of jumps. How much do they actually pay for each jump.

I did my first sky dive in tandem 3 years back and I paid around 170$ total. I am doing another one tomorrow and paying the same money.

At what point do I pay less? How much does it cost to all the people who did so many jumps? I want to make sure I can afford to get into this sport.

I don't know what country you are from, but in the US once you have your license and own gear , full-altitude jumps typically cost $18-22. Getting your license and buying gear can easily run $5000 or more, although it can also be doen somewhat cheaper.

I don't know what country you are from, but in the US once you have your license and own gear , full-altitude jumps typically cost $18-22. Getting your license and buying gear can easily run $5000 or more, although it can also be doen somewhat cheaper.

Do you think you can give me a break up of 5000$? How much for getting the training and license and the gear?

Thanks for your reply.

Ask the DZ about there student program to become a licensed skydiver --- Static line, Accelerated Freefall, Tandem progression to AFF or others.

Expect to pay a minimum of $1000.00
Than buy your own gear and you to can jump for $20ish per jump

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

Depending on the DZs and countries, probably between $15 to $25 per jump.

I am in NJ, USA. At what point it should cost me 15$ - 25$

Does anybody know a nice place to learn the sport?

Once you graduate from AFF or similar course. Could take as little as 7/8 jumps.
NJ: check with locals here on dz.com. Cross-Keys maybe?

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

It ran me somewhere in the ballpark of 3 grand to get the A license, including 30 minutes of coached tunnel time. A better student could probably shave 500-1000 off that, esp in a cheaper region.

Gear ran me 4500 for mostly new, but more moderately priced components. 3-5 is the likely range.

Before getting the rig, I still rented up till about jump 50, so it was $35-50/jump. Once you're cleared for solo freefall as a student (as little as 7 jumps), that would be your cost, with 4-5 coached jumps that could be as much as $100. Now I have the rig, so it is 15-22/jump, highest would be 28 if I don't want to pack.

Course cost me $1200 CAD (About $950 USD)

However, I was required to have 4 tandems before taking this course. This varies by dropzone.

Now I'm only paying $15 to $35 CAD per jump depending on altitude. However, I'm also paying for rig rental (That's "parachute rental" to whuffos) at either $20 per jump or $65/day+$5/pack. For that reason, I jumped 9 times in one day last weekend to save on rental. At least until I can afford to buy my own gear.

It's well worth it if you want to jump regularly. Get off those darn tandems and onto an AFF type program! (Just make sure you read the waivers and know what you're getting into!)

Here are some prices off of Square One's web site. They reflect a 20% discount.

Main, PD Spectre 210 - $1544.00
Reserve, PD 218R - $984.00
Container, Javelin - $1537.50

TOTAL $4065.50

You can pay more, you can pay less.

This is just for the rig and canopies. It does not include jumpsuit, altimeter or an AAD.

Sparky

P.S. Most people make 600 to 1000 jumps a year do not pay full price for gear or jumps. They are sponsored or work in the industry.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I don't know what part of New Jersey you're in, but Cross Keys is the place to go in this neck of the woods. Great instructors, great planes. Check them out.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, Shouting "...holy shit...what a ride!"

Your paying that much because your provisional membership will have expired over three year so you need training and insurance again. My first jump was GBP140 then after that they are GBP25 each as long as I jump once every three months... If i leave it longer than that I will have to pay the 140 again.

J

You are doing static line, SL is getting very rare over here. Once you get thtrough your AFF and probally uor coaching jumps (at ~$75-90 each) and earn your A licence (25 jumps) the price reaches the $18-22 mark plus gear. Plan on spending at least $4-5000 to get to your A licence and to buy your first rig. It can be done cheaper, but not much cheaper.

Skydiving is an expensive sport and you are smart to look into the total cost of it before you get into it.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com