daytripper419

Paypal

I know this isn't really supposed to go here but figure I would give it a shot. I have a custom z1 helmet I am selling over on the classifieds section and there is a fellow interested from poland. He want's to use paypal. Now will I get charged a fee from paypal for the sale or does he cover that. I have never used paypal and don't want to lose money on it. ANY help would be great and sorry not relevant other than it is a skydiving helmet.

Also keep in mind that he should have a "Confirmed" address with paypal for you to ship to and you should send it via a reliable/ trackable carrier.

Paypal is good, but if it gets lost in the mail or there is no prof that they receive it and you had no insurance on it, he does get all his money back.
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar

Charge him 4% more to cover the cut that PayPal takes out of the transaction.

And don't ship the product until you've successfully withdrawn the money from PayPal and have it in your own bank account. That takes two to four days. That way PayPal can't take it back because of some kind of fraud on the part of the buyer who deposited the money.

And don't ship the product until you've successfully withdrawn the money from PayPal and have it in your own bank account. That takes two to four days. That way PayPal can't take it back because of some kind of fraud on the part of the buyer who deposited the money.

sorry John, that's a little on the fucked up side.

DUE DILIGENCE is the key to any successful transaction - whether on the buying or on the selling end. Many countries outside US/Canada/UK do not have the option to have a CONFIRMED address with paypal.

either way, what I am saying is that you should double check all the info. If you decide to keep the product 2-4 from shipping AFTER the instant paypal payment has been received, you will upset a majority of paypal buyers. Furhermore, and to the point, even if you withdraw the funds, and then for some reason your account gets debited - it is put into negative and the next payment you receive will be applied to the negative balance with the remainder showing up in the account. Essentially you loose the ability to use paypal from that point on. If you don't pay for over x amount of days and the negative balance is over x amount of dollars (I don't know the exact numbers, so I use x) you will be put into collections.

so - DUE DILIGENCE will go much further than doing things that will upset most of the buyers.

TRUST ME, I do this EVERY DAY !

I sold a canopy to someone in
South Africa.

I had him do a direct transfer of funds from his bank to my bank.

There was very little charge which he covered and between the two banks they made sure it was the correct amount for the exchange rate for that day.

I got a call from my bank when the funds were in my account. They said they do this all the time.

I shipped the canopy that same day.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

DUE DILIGENCE is the key to any successful transaction...

Suit yourself. There's enough internet fraud going on, that for a transaction of any sizable amount of money, I'm going to be sure to get my funds, before I lose my product. That's my policy. If my buyers don't like that, they're free to go shop somewhere else. Your mileage may vary.

DUE DILIGENCE is the key to any successful transaction...

Suit yourself. There's enough internet fraud going on, that for a transaction of any sizable amount of money, I'm going to be sure to get my funds, before I lose my product. That's my policy. If my buyers don't like that, they're free to go shop somewhere else. Your mileage may vary.

absolutely, freedom of choice as the seller.

Just be sure to disclose the fact that your policy is to hold on to the product until their funds have cleared into your bank account. I am sure that'll be an extra nice selling point to the potential buyers. I know for a fact, that a lot of my customers would have been extremely upset, and many would not have bought from me if I exercised such business behavior.