mdrejhon

Our new fraternity banner, with photo...

All the groups you mention seem really stupid to me.

Everyone thinks they are special or better than the next group.

Face it people, you're not special or better than the next group. You're being dumb by classifying yourself as this or that because you have to belong to something that doesn't really amount to shit.

Oh I'm a Hellfish, you're a Muff Brother. Let's have a seperate load or boogie.

Can't we all just get on a load?

And, we're harmless to the straight jumpers too.

Harmless? It's even better than that, you are no competition for the limited amount of women in the sport.
Are you SUUUUUUUUUUURRRE? ;)

We had more STRAIGHT women skydivers partying with us at our last Rainbow Boogie, than Rainbow Skydivers. Just ask someone who was there. :)

Even better, a straight guy now knows to show up, hang out and party with the group, and the girls will have their guard down.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Meanwhile, the circle logo stickers finally arrived Wednesday (We ordered 500 stickers).

Slapped one among the hundreds of stickers covering the famous perris mockup. It was hard to find an empty space.

Hey, I know! Post them all over Nashville!

Yeah! But only on the Skyride stickers! :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

>All the groups you mention seem really stupid to me. Everyone thinks
>they are special or better than the next group.

I've been to Camp Canada. They don't think they're special or better. Neither does Moxie or the POPS. It's just an excuse to skydive/socialize.

>Oh I'm a Hellfish, you're a Muff Brother. Let's have a seperate load or
>boogie. Can't we all just get on a load?

?? Of course, and they do. Do you know of any Muff Brothers who won't jump with Hellfish?

Answer me this: Why do gays feel the need to advertise or be considered a different group? You don't see straight people asking for "straight rights" or straight marches, or having their own special places or events.

It's like blacks still claiming they are different, yet wanting to be treated the same as whites. You can't have it all and go one way or the other depending on your mood or situation.

We are all the same as humans. Subdivide and you can expect to be treated different. Consider yourself the same and you might be treated that way. Make sense?

We don't need black history month or gay pride or "straight guys that love pussy" marches do we?

:S

Bordering on SC but simple: because they're (by definition) a minority. "The loudest one in the room is the smallest one in the room" and all that. Because they have to be.

And the D.S. are awesome, you'd fit right in B|

cocheese -- you bring up good points that it really doesn't matter as much anymore but I already answered your question in a reply to someone else

Answer me this: Why do gays feel the need to advertise or be considered a different group?

My reply in the last page, that covers this is:

(Mark Rejhon wrote)

If I had to figure out what college you'd be affiliated with I'd have to guess...
WhatsamattaU?

:D

Although I accurately use word 'fraternity' to describe the banner (according to the Merriam-Webster, the Oxford, and Wiktionary), I couldn't find a better word.

Perhaps "brotherhood"? Like the Muff Brothers, Couch Freaks, Team Awesome, etc. Some of them have their own equivalent fraternity banner...

***Do you really need the flags to find each other? What happened to the whole Gay-DAR thing?
Gaydar is useful, but we need to use good publicity techniques too. Rainbow Skydivers (aka skydivers who just happen to be GLBT), are spread thin and wide.

We just pulled a few out of the area to show up, and 2 of them have actually made the decision to attend our Rainbow Boogie, after having visited our corner.

I'm the guy who knows the most about the state of the gay skydiving world. I know 2 gay DZO's (it may even be your dropzone), over 10 gay AFFI's. I have come to discover that there are often small groups of Rainbow Skydivers at many dropzones, there are 6 at a Florida dropzone, several at a near-New York dropzone, even 3 at an Oklahoma dropzone. (Yes, Christians) etc. However, these known Rainbow Skydivers are less than one quarter of who's out there, and we need publicity to draw in the new potential boogie attendees too...

According to the Facebook Group Wall, there's been a surge of new Rainbow Skydivers thanks to our promoting.

And, we're harmless to the straight jumpers too.

Other points I've covered:
- Our boogie is not exclusive to gays -- everyone (who's GLBT positive) is welcome...
- While our boogie is now the world's biggest concentration of gay skydivers in one place, our boogie event actually consists of MORE straight jumpers than GAY jumpers!
- We WANTED a boogie; several discussions popped up in late 2005 and early 2006, I was one of those who siezed the opportunity to fill this void.
- Several dropzones WANTED us to have a boogie and they are willing to PAY organizer slots.
- We're bringing new skydivers to the sport just because our Rainbow Skydivers group exist (just see our Facebook wall)
- In the past, gay skydivers have had a hard time finding each other, without a kind of a registry like ours. Local Rainbow Skydivers can find and meet each other through our Facebook group, as mentioned earlier.
- A place where it's comfortable, a vacation destination, a place to meet potential future GF's and BF's all concentrated in one place (and it wasn't just the gays!)
- Camaradiere. Need I say more?
- Why Team Moxie? (Girls only) ... Why POPS? (Over 40 only) ... If you argue Rainbow Skydivers is discriminatory, you should argue those others are equally discriminatory and should not need to exist. [beep, beep, flame bait warning] ... Also, we do have some POPS and we do have some Team Moxie members. (Kirsten was our LO for 2006)
- Just a good reason to have a party together. Not gay exclusive of course. All the DZ partied with us. The swoop n chug, the BBQ, the relay race, the best-hat contest, the silly rainbow paraphernalia decorations, the D.J. and hangar dance. Etc. The usual stuff you see at planned skydive boogies.

Why an event of our own anyway, indeed? The Rainbow Boogie itself is a draw to other (straight) skydivers and other events. The dropzone said it was the best party of the year last year -- and even Skydive Cross Key's web page Calendar says we are the 'funnest boogie' (their quote). With the separate event Advanced Skydive Project (Aerodyne/NSL sponsored 20 ways) running concurrently with Rainbow Boogie at the same dropzone, along with the current more-than-doubling of RSVP's on both the straight and gay side for our boogie, we'll be much more well attended. Overall, all events combined, we are expecting this event to be Cross Key's second biggest boogie weekend at the dropzone (next to Independence boogie) -- And we are aiming to eventually become the biggest annual boogie at Cross Keys some year in the future. (We had great word of mouth last year)

Anyway, back onto topic :-)

Meanwhile, the circle logo stickers finally arrived Wednesday (We ordered 500 stickers).

Slapped one among the hundreds of stickers covering the famous perris mockup. It was hard to find an empty space.

Hey, I know! Post them all over Nashville!

Yeah! But only on the Skyride stickers! :ph34r:
Yeah, I'd do that.

I know that I've had to add an item to the New Rainbow Skydiver FAQ regarding a 'certain Atlanta dropzone' advertising a misleading gay page that comes up easily in Google when you search 'gay skydiving'.

Answer me this: Why do gays feel the need to advertise or be considered a different group? You don't see straight people asking for "straight rights" or straight marches, or having their own special places or events.

It's like blacks still claiming they are different, yet wanting to be treated the same as whites. You can't have it all and go one way or the other depending on your mood or situation.

We are all the same as humans. Subdivide and you can expect to be treated different. Consider yourself the same and you might be treated that way. Make sense?

We don't need black history month or gay pride or "straight guys that love pussy" marches do we?

:S

They're not claiming any special needs or considerations, or demanding special rights here. They're just trying to get together with other people with similar interests or lifestyles. What's wrong with that?

Thats Joseph and Butters :)fine female assistants wash my hair :D

I need to go to Alabama to get my hair cut sometime. And a few skydives, too.

Mark, do go to Alabama and get a cut and a jump. I haven't been to The Farm (yet) but have joined the crew at Skydive Alabama for some jumps and fun. They are a great bunch of folks and very welcoming, even with my big rainbow stuck to my forehead! :)

They don't think they're special or better.

Thats correct.
Canadians and special AND better.
even if they are Canadian, redhead, deaf, gay AND flat flyer ? :o:D:D:D

(no harm meant.. Coluche used to say : we were all born equal... some more equal than others)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Canadians and special AND better.

even if they are Canadian, redhead, deaf, gay AND flat flyer ? :o:D:D:DWhen I get a freefly safe rig, I'll practice becoming a lawn dart. Not a good one at it, probably, unless I spend hours of expensive coached tunnel time. But more likely, I'd like to become a bird and try to spread some nylon wings, or jump off some Norweigian cliffs. Also pay for AFF for my spouse.

Mark, do go to Alabama and get a cut and a jump. I haven't been to The Farm (yet) but have joined the crew at Skydive Alabama for some jumps and fun. They are a great bunch of folks and very welcoming, even with my big rainbow stuck to my forehead! :)

I'll be having to look into this. You rocked at Perris, as being the lowtimer at the Perris 50-ways, thanks to Todd :)