quesera

Have you found a way to insure your gear?

My insurance company does not offer policies for property outside of renters/home owners or auto. So, if my rig is stolen out of my car or apartment, the way my policies are written, I can have it replaced, but I haven't found a way to protect it just in its own right.

Does anyone have an insurance company that will insure gear? My rig cost about twice as much as my first car, and I insured that piece o' crap, so I'd definitely be willing to pay a little each month to protect my gear.

Any ideas?

My insurance company does not offer policies for property outside of renters/home owners or auto. So, if my rig is stolen out of my car or apartment, the way my policies are written, I can have it replaced, but I haven't found a way to protect it just in its own right.

Does anyone have an insurance company that will insure gear? My rig cost about twice as much as my first car, and I insured that piece o' crap, so I'd definitely be willing to pay a little each month to protect my gear.

Any ideas?

What is it that you would like to ensure against? Loss/damage during use?

here we can insure "sport-gear" specifically; that includes theft, damage (also during use) or loss. it's VERY expensive and costs around 500$ per year i think..

if you have a canopy-collision, and the lines cut through it, it will be covered.. not that i know of that happening! :)

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I was told by my insurer (State Farm) that with my renters insurance any personal property lost (stolen, even from my car) or damaged (say in a flood) would be covered... including my skydiving gear. This is of course with proper proof of ownership. Your monthly payment is based upon how much value you want to cover... 25K, 50K, 100K.

I have state farm for all of my insurance and have never had any problem with a claim.

The last time I renewed my Allstate home owners policy, I asked about this. They added a sports equipment rider to my policy, which they said would cover my gear even if it was stolen from the DZ, or lost on a cuttaway. The cost was negligible.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I have renters insurance as well. It only covers items damaged in your house and only certain items in your car. ie CDs and movies are not covered if in your car but I was told my rig was.

Yes, I understand that renter's insurance will often cover things stolen from your car.

The question I asked is if stuff stolen not from your house and not from your car is covered.

AndyMan says he has a rider for sports equipment that will cover such a thing.

The last time I renewed my Allstate home owners policy, I asked about this. They added a sports equipment rider to my policy, which they said would cover my gear even if it was stolen from the DZ, or lost on a cuttaway. The cost was negligible.

_Am

Sweet! I have Allstate :)
Thanks!

Is your rig covered by the renter's insurance if it is stolen but not from your home or your car, for instance, from the packing area at the dz? Back when I was a renter, I don't think that situation was covered.

Have a friend break the window in your car and say it got stolen from there?:P

Is your rig covered by the renter's insurance if it is stolen but not from your home or your car, for instance, from the packing area at the dz? Back when I was a renter, I don't think that situation was covered.

Have a friend break the window in your car and say it got stolen from there?:P

That's totally my plan B :P It's only insurance fraud if they can prove it!