scantech

Number of jumpers in a 206

a light weight 206 weighs 1825lbs empty. The Gross weight is 3600lbs, Pilot +Parachute 200, + 6 jumpers at 200 = 1400 lbs. 240lbs of fuel for 3 loads + res to 13K. Each seat belt attach point is good for 250lbs untill F model then only 200lbs. POH says "Room for Pilot and 5 Jumpers" Is this a limitation? most stock engine and wing 206s do not climb well to alt with 6 jumpers.

One pilot and five jumpers at our DZ. I believe that's all the seat belts we have? With lighter divers it wouldn't be a problem getting one more in. There is room.
Marriage is like a deck of cards. You start with two harts and a diamond only to discover you wish you had a club and a spade!

"... most stock engine and wing 206s do not climb well to alt with 6 jumpers.

"

Agreed.
But density altitudes were so high in Hemet, California that we only put five jumpers on board. Usually two tandems and a single photographer.

At a DZ in Quebec - that closed a long time ago - I was on one load with 7 jumpers on board. Most of them were close to my size (175 pounds before getting dressed) and it was scary how far back the airplane settled on the ground.
Seven jumpers might work if they were all tiny Japanese girls, but I never want to try that again with white men!

The Tail Low taxi in 69 or newer 206s indicates that the CG is near the aft limit. At the aft limit the aircraft will have reduced drag for climb, and give the best glide in engine out concerns. Watch the elevator / horizontal, If they are faired in together, the aircraft is balanced well for the airspeed. The 206 uses a elevator down spring to alow the Horizontal/elevator to create a Lift Vector in the Up direction when at aft CG. Like a Canard aircraft (bacwards). Now we dont want to be over gross weight or aft of the aft CG limit. An aircraft that is at Gross with paying payload and at the aft CG limit is the most effecient jumpers per hour and cost effecient for the operator.