NaughtyMagpie

Jumping in Canada

I'm off to British Columbia next week & thinking whether to take my rig or not.
Do I need to join the CSPA in order to jump there? Is it going to be expensive?

Any recommendations for places to jump, I'm staying in Abbotsford most of the time, hear there is a place near there to jump.
UK skydiver moving to British Columbia in early 2011 - any recommendations?

there are 2 different dz`s there. 1 in abbottsford, and 1 in pitt meadows. abby has a porter, pitt has only cessnas. you`re looking at $35- $40 canadian per jump.skydive vancouver:
5112 Gladwin Rd, Abbotsford BC Canada and
pacific skydivers:
730 11731 Baynes Rd
Pitt Meadows, BC V3Y 2B3
(604) 465-7311

Do I need to join the CSPA in order to jump there? Is it going to be expensive?

As a visitor the answer to this question is: It depends on the DZ.

CSPA's third party liability insurance is $2,000,000
USPA's third party liability insurance is $50,000

Not only do some DZOs prefer that Americans be covered at the higher number, some have expressed concern about ever getting any money out of USPA without suing USPA in the American court. The cost/hassle factor to a Canadian DZ would be probative.

If you are going to be moving to Canada you might just as well get a CSPA membership.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Since you're coming from the UK, I'm assuming that you are BPA, not USPA. I know of UK jumpers who've come to Ontario and jumped and I don't believe that they had to join CSPA, but it's really going to be up to the DZ. Call them and ask. Local DZ details have already been posted above.

Have fun!

So at the moment your options are to go with your British insurance (if the DZ is OK with it, whatever it might be for international 3rd party liability), or get a full CSPA membership ($85).

The CSPA is working on a short term membership & insurance for visiting jumpers, but that's not yet available...

Just to mention something that most people don't know and it is important
> CSPA's third party liability insurance is $2,000,000
In the entire world, international!!!!! Sometimes when you travel to Spain, for instance, from some other countries you are obligated to buy a local third party insurance because your insurance doesn't cover international damages.

Please correct if I'm wrong because I want to verify if I'm right!
Lock, Dock and Two Smoking Barrelrolls!

H guys, I ended up visiting both DZs & jumping at one.

Abbotsford, well, I wasn't impressed on a midweek drop-in to say hi. I wasn't made to feel all that welcome, so I googled the Pitts Meadow one & went there yesterday.
Weather was awesome, a good 25 degrees celsius, stunning scenery, okay so it was a 205 instead of a Porter but I did 3 awesome jumps with awesome people & was made to feel very welcome.
There was no issue in signing up for USPA or CSPA, they accepted my BPA membership no problem.

Thanks for your advice!
UK skydiver moving to British Columbia in early 2011 - any recommendations?