skydiverkeith

Vacation Destinations + Wingsuit Skydiving

I'm looking for information on great vacation destinations where I can travel with my wuffo better half. Idealy, there would be cool tourist stuff just like any other vacation for her and I to enjoy, but also a great dz nearby with a killer view to sneak in a day of wingsuit flying, but still not piss off the woman.
Blue skies,
Keith Medlock

Okay, I'm going to Hawaii on January 14 and staying at a Waikiki hotel.

Are any of you locals that live near Waikiki and can give me a ride in exchange for gas and a jump ticket?

I checked the bus routes, and even after a 2+ hour ride, I would still have to walk over 2 miles to the airfield.

Hell, even If I could get a ride to and from the last bus stop on north shore, that would be worth a ticket by itself!
Blue skies,
Keith Medlock

The DZ has a shuttle from Waikiki that runs every day that they have students scheduled.
Call manifest at SDH and they'll tell you the times for pickups.
IIRC, 7 a.m. is the first. I'd be kinda surprised if any skydivers lived in the horrifically expensive Waikiki area.
Be sure to get a good briefing for WS from TK, Joe, or one of the other active wingsuit pilots.
Super fun place to fly, no doubt.

are you calling Skydive Hawaii or Pacific Coast?
Bear in mind they're a few hours behind PST.
Mary, Blossom, et al are typically great at answering after 7 a.m. in Hawaii. I don't think the holiday makes any difference.

Mary, Blossom, et al are typically great at answering after 7 a.m. in Hawaii. I don't think the holiday makes any difference.

I called Pacific. Would you recommend SDH instead? The only reason I thought of Pacific first is because they have a PAC.
Blue skies,
Keith Medlock

I called Pacific. Would you recommend SDH instead? The only reason I thought of Pacific first is because they have a PAC.

Personally, I've never had good luck with Pacific. Other people have. I've twice gone over there to jump and found myself dissatisfied with a few things (waiting 30 mins simply to fill out a waiver being one of them, being bumped for tandems another).
I jump at SDH and they've always been exceptionally accomodating. I'd rather jump a Caravan than a PAC for WS anyway.
SDH is also the home of the Wingsuits Over Hawaii boogie event held the last weekend in April or first week in May (first week in May 2011).
I know Pacific Coast is a great group; a few friends have worked there. It's just that I've personally never had success nor a good vibe from the place.