jrmrangers

Ever dream that you bounced?

I dreamed I found your freebag. Wonder what Jung/Freud would say about that?

Hmmm... Perhaps you can tell us what it means to you. Your words are the key to unveiling the deeper meaning. Then again, some dark secrets are best left dark & secret.

Did you dream I gave it back to you? Or did I keep it for myself?

You tell me. It's your dream. In my dream - and in my reality - I've never lost a free bag. I've managed to keep all my handles every time too.

Yeah, I have had some bad dreams but they all followed my hard landing where I broke L-1, L-2, and L-5 and my tibia. I would start to "fall asleep" and as I "fell" I'd re-live my impact with the ground. When I watched reality shows that involved hard iimpact with the ground that also freaked me out. My girlfriend watched it a couple of times and told me it made her want to cry. It just freaked me out when I was trying to sleep. I should be jumping by mid-October!
Charlie Gittins, 540-327-2208
AFF-I, Sigma TI, IAD-I
MEI, CFI-I, Senior Rigger
Former DZO, Blue Ridge Skydiving Adventures

Nope never. I have had dreams about a guy that went in right in front of me but it was just seeing the event like it happened and nothing changes in it.

I rarely dream so it is a little weird but I figure something triggers it but I don't know what.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

I see that I'm not alone. Here is mine:

I've had skydiving dreams in the past but I had one Sun night that was very different. I threw out at normal altitude and had a bag lock or some sort of malfunction. cut away and pulled the reserve. It only partiall opened and tangled with a main that was already cut away. I fought it all the way to treetop level but then it fully opened. I sat there and walked away from it.

At this point, I was now wide awake in my bed, heart beating strongly, 30 min before the alarm was to go off to get up. I stayed awake the next 30 min and the rest of the day was uneventful. I havent jumped since then but feel slightly apprehensive abt the next one and I know I shouldnt. I know it was just a dream, but it seemed so real..

scottMO

have you guys ever had a dream where you quit skydiving and start golfing? shits scary!

I know more than one skydiver - ex-skydiver- who did exactly that. How do you go from skydiving to golf? That's like after dating, living with, sleeping with the most beautiful, intelligent, funny, loving, caring woman in the world you decide to give it up and go live with mom.

It hasn't happened yet even though I keep thinking eventually it will, but I've always had dreams that I could fly.

One recurring dream is I'm walking down a big hill but somehow I mastered the ability to jump really far, like almost skim the slope and almost fly, kind of like repelling where you stop and start again.