xtheowl

Is this part of the whole Skyride ring?

Not having jumped in that portion of the country and going strictly off of the website I'd have to say yes. Typical website lacking in details and photographs.

The only thing that makes me pause is that if you go to the airport website there is a link for Skydive Jersey, so don't know what to think about that.

The new thing happening in the Skyride arena is little Tandem mills popping up all over that are either partially or wholely funded by Skyride. This started when the Arizona lawsuit started to go against them and Cary started rearrainging the business to hide his money and assets. These are completely separate businesses that are opened for the sole purpose of accepting the Skyride/ insert new business name of the month here.

How do I know this? Chris Whitley(former friend) from DC Skydiving Center is in the process of trying to open one of these shit holes in Fitzgerald, Ga. where I hold the St.Patricks Boogie. If he is successful, I'm not sure the boogie will survive. The event can not survive without the tandem revenue and in this economy I don't see people wanting to pay an inflated registration fee.

So here's to Chris Whitley becoming the third most hated person in US skydiving, Right in line with Ben with his nose up Carys ass.

Interesting. At first glance, www.skydivejersey.com doesn't appear to be a Skyride website, but the meta keywords include "atlanta skydiving".
Do a lot of people from Atlanta go to New Jersey to jump?
For comparison, skydivingnewjersey.net is definitely a Skyride website, according to the "terms" tab at the bottom of the page.
You don't have to outrun the bear.

Not sure if this DZ is now associated with Skyride, but Alexandria Airport has, for a long time, been home to Skydive East.
Looks like someone re-opened the DZ under a different name.

The 182, in the Facebook pictures, is registered to a company in Alabama.

And a note to anyone that might jump that 182 or fly it, according to the FAA website the registration for that aircraft is EXPIRED. So therefore that aircraft is deemed UNAIRWORTHY.

That's Chuck Owens, Cary's lackey/minion, etc. He managed their DZ in Prattville AL, Clarksville TN and Waverly TN. Well, he attempted to anyway, was never any good at it. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I do not know the "legalities" but the liability has got to be high! That is not too smart IMHO, they appear to be playing around, but that could turn tragic real fucking fast! I would think Chuck knows better, his skills are better than what that pic suggests at least.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Spence you are so full of crap... You forgot to mention to everyone here that I introduced you to Fitzgerald Airport and when I did you knew it was my long term goal to open my own DZ there in the future.

Skydive Fitzgerald has no affiliation with Skyride. Spewing lies and making unfounded accusations just because you got your feelings hurt seems beneath you but then not getting your way seems to bring out the worst in lots of people....

Uncle/GrandPapa Whit
Unico Rodriguez # 245
Muff Brother # 2421

How do I know this? Chris Whitley(former friend) from DC Skydiving Center is in the process of trying to open one of these shit holes in Fitzgerald, Ga. where I hold the St.Patricks Boogie. If he is successful, I'm not sure the boogie will survive. The event can not survive without the tandem revenue and in this economy I don't see people wanting to pay an inflated registration fee.

So here's to Chris Whitley becoming the third most hated person in US skydiving, Right in line with Ben with his nose up Carys ass.

So, you assert that your once a year boogie gives you exclusive rights to the use of, what I assume is, a federally funded airport?

I doubt that this guy's efforts to open a dz will garner him as much, or more, ill will than your tantrum here.

I bet a little less whining and a little more thinking will lead you to the realization that a full time, albeit small, operation on "your" field could help rather than end your boogie.

So, you assert that your once a year boogie gives you exclusive rights to the use of, what I assume is, a federally funded airport?

I doubt that this guy's efforts to open a dz will garner him as much, or more, ill will than your tantrum here.

I bet a little less whining and a little more thinking will lead you to the realization that a full time, albeit small, operation on "your" field could help rather than end your boogie.

I said no such thing. I pointed out that this will probably put an end to the boogie.

Spence you are so full of crap... You forgot to mention to everyone here that I introduced you to Fitzgerald Airport and when I did you knew it was my long term goal to open my own DZ there in the future.

Skydive Fitzgerald has no affiliation with Skyride. Spewing lies and making unfounded accusations just because you got your feelings hurt seems beneath you but then not getting your way seems to bring out the worst in lots of people....

You know nothing about who I am or how I feel because you have turned into such a self centered person you haven't bothered to ask the last few times you've called when you needed something. Think about the times I've stood behind you and defended you, the times I've given you job references. I would have thought that some of that would have earned me a little more consideration. At least a phone call telling me your plans instead of a call to see if I'd found out.

If you were proud of yourself you would admit the tie to Skyride, or whatever name they are using this month, and move on.

This is the only response you get from me.

I'm sorry, but it seems that is exactly what you were getting at. As in:

My boogie is at Fitz, he is trying to open a dz, a dz could hurt my boogie, that is bad."

Why don't you prove this guy's "affiliation". As in being a member, subordinate associate, or branch. Or is hearsay, gossip, and assumption good enough for this forum?

Preemptively, accepting SR certificates is not "affiliation".

Look everyone, we have a one day old 4 post puppet. Any guesses who it might be?

Now we start with the this isn't skyride,that isn't skyride arguement. Bottom line, you sold out. I remember a day when you damned they just like everyone else. You sold out. Damn right it's bad.

Be a man and use your real account.