Skydive2

Idea's for packing hangar floor..carpet...or?

We are in the process of fininshing our new hangar which will be used for packing during the day, aircraft stroage at night. It has a concrete floor. I'm looking for idea's for the packing surface. New carpet is really expensive, I've been to DZ's where people mentioned getting "used" carpet. Anyone know where I could look for that? Does anyone have any other solutions for a packing floor?
THANKS!

I agree on the foam floor. You can get the pieces at most Home Improvement stores. They are sometimes sold as "Home gym flooring". I have seen them in both Grey and rainbow colors. If you are planing on parking the airplane on them every night just leave the tire spaces empty or else the plane will crush the foam after any time left on it.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

We are in the process of fininshing our new hangar which will be used for packing during the day, aircraft stroage at night. It has a concrete floor. I'm looking for idea's for the packing surface. New carpet is really expensive, I've been to DZ's where people mentioned getting "used" carpet. Anyone know where I could look for that? Does anyone have any other solutions for a packing floor?
THANKS!

These are the least expensive foam mats you will find out there, I know because I've spent the time looking and currently have 2,400 sq feet of it on my floor. Don't try to save a few bucks by getting a thinner mat, you will regret it later. Get the 3/4" thick mats, they work and last the longest. IMO, carpet blows but it is better than nothing not to mention you will probably spend as much if not more on a chunk of remnant or used carpet as you will the mats unless you get it for free.

http://www.wesellmats.com/fitness-floor-mats/martial-arts-floor-mats/tatami-martial-arts-eva-foam-tiles.html
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Be careful with the cheap mats! After spending a weekend visiting a DZ (to remain un-named since the DZO is a buddy) I found out the hard way that some colors rub off. I had red crap all over my suit, container, and canopy. I spent the rest of the day packing in the grass [:/] It came off in freefall I guess but I was not a happy camper at all!

The brave may not live forever, but the timid never live at all.

thanks for the input guys! I had been checking the rubber "gym" flooring, I can't believe how expensive it is, even to do just a 35x40 section.
For now...I might keep it old school with carpet and lots of cheap padding under...

You might call up some carpet installers.

Usually they just trash the old carpet and padding.

It will definitely be worn and stained, but what they are taking out and replacing with new may well be usable for you.

I'd suggest commercial rather than residential. Usually bigger sections and usually less offensive stains.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo