agent_lead

my first reserve ride...total mal

Nice job saving your ass, the times are still good!

And thank the man aka ME who landed with your freebag! ;) Thats a nice chunk of change plus downtime right there!

What do you do when someone throws a big planet at you?
Throw your pilot chute in defense!

***also..what do i get my rigger if he dosent drink?

DONT TRUST A RIGGER THAT DOSENT DRINK!!!

I sure hope you don't actually believe that:S

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

***also..what do i get my rigger if he dosent drink?

DONT TRUST A RIGGER THAT DOSENT DRINK!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

HEY!
I resemble that remark ... quit drinking at age 40 ... and they trusted me enough to pack for retired US President George Bush senior.

I was talking to the knuckleheads that posted that. (Hope that isn't considered a PA:P)

Oh and that rocks Rob. How many years now?

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

yeah thanks!

i mean..it was only 100 feet from me....but hey...what would i do without you!

lol good times 2 times...

i think im out for next weekend jumps....i am so broke...

Lol yeah, the dude in the golf cart saw it too, but still...

And i dont wanna hear that about next weekend, thats whack! I think im taking Zim to SDLI. We shall see...

I don't think most consider a PC in tow to be a total malfunction.

Most jumpers as they get more experience decide to hang on to the handles, because of the cost and because the idea of a long metal cable possibly entangling with a deploying reserve is not comforting. Students are often taught procedures (tossing the handles) that simplify their later tasks (not messing with handles when you have to control the reserve) and hopefully to ensure a handle is pulled completely (although 'dropping' it isn't very effective at that).
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

If you read the post you would see it was a container lock, which is certainly a total mal...

If you read the post you would see it was a container lock, which is certainly a total mal...

I did read the post, I just forgot that a PC in tow is also considered a total mal.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I think his point is that most people consider a "total mal" to be one that fouls both main and reserve.

No, I didn't consider total mals to involve both main and reserve. I don't think that most jumpers use that definition. I was simply mistaken about whether the PC in tow was in the partial or total category. A quick check of the SIM confirmed that the USPA considers it a total, because the bag isn't out of the container.

reserve re-pack - $55

new cutaway handle - $60

new reserve handle - $85

being alive to talk about it - priceless

I just had my second chop (in Russia) - shop has no handles so held onto both ($145 saving by your calcs) - and only $32 for repack - within an hour - can't be bad..

I'm NOT totally useless... I can be used as a bad example

waveydavey!! wassup my man...dam people comin out the woodworks in this thread!hows everything with you guys...tell the krew i said wut up

and whats up matt!

someone at the ranch had packed it....no need to say anyones names...but just good enuf to say that he had packed me many times prior to this one..and had never had a problem...always soft,on heading openings...

a friend of mine had his vid cam out when i landed ill have to get the video from him and pull some stills off of it....

sorry for the no pictures...i am working on it....
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

I was talking to the knuckleheads that posted that. (Hope that isn't considered a PA:P)

Oh and that rocks Rob. How many years now?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Nine and a half (-ish) years ago, I woke up on New Years Day with a bad hangover. I asked myself: "Why are you doing so much damage to your body?"
I could not come up with a logical explanation, so
I have not touched a drop of alcohol since then.
When I look back on all the thousands of dollars I spent on booze and all the days I wasted hung-over, it boggles my mind.

I think his point is that most people consider a "total mal" to be one that fouls both main and reserve.

No, I didn't consider total mals to involve both main and reserve. I don't think that most jumpers use that definition. I was simply mistaken about whether the PC in tow was in the partial or total category. A quick check of the SIM confirmed that the USPA considers it a total, because the bag isn't out of the container.

The pilot chute was doing its job but the bridle was misrouted, wrapped around a closing flap, causing the container to be locked closed. Wouldnt this be called container lock rather than pilot chute in tow? I mean sure it was in tow, but not due to being uncocked or in the burble...

The pilot chute was doing its job but the bridle was misrouted, wrapped around a closing flap, causing the container to be locked closed. Wouldnt this be called container lock rather than pilot chute in tow? I mean sure it was in tow, but not due to being uncocked or in the burble...

I would say that applying the term "PC in tow" does not require the knowledge of why it is 'in tow'.