BrianSGermain

Winter Downtime

Spring is a very dangerous time for skydivers. When longterm memories fade and learned instincts become dulled by underuse, the whuufo within begins to take charge of our actions. The process of renewing our connection to the information in our heads that saves our lives must be a constant one.

We must continue to think and talk about skydiving throughout the winter. We must draw parachutes in our notebooks at work and during college classes. We must keep the dream alive.

This note is to remind all those who teach to gather the skydivers together throughout the winter. Watch videos. Talk about high speed approach techniques and exits and formations that you would like to do in the spring. We must refresh those concepts regularly so that the journey back in the springtime is not such an arduous one.

If you want to talk more about this kind of thing, feel free to PM me, or email me at [email protected]

Be Safe
Live Long
+
Instructional Videos:www.AdventureWisdom.com
Keynote Speaking:www.TranscendingFEAR.com
Canopies and Courses:www.BIGAIRSPORTZ.com

Now that Im a skydiver Florida is definetly the place I will live in for the forseeable future. Since its warm(relatively) in the winter I can jump all year. At last my putting up with the infestation of New Yorkers and old people into this fine state has has finally paid off!!!
2 BITS....4 BITS....6 BITS....A DOLLAR!....ALL FOR THE GATORS....STAND UP AND HOLLER!!!!

so, would that be a bad time for me to start my AFF training, since every one will be a little rusty from the winter??, i planned on going to do the hole AFF program the first month the season starts back up again, so would that be a bad idea???

so, would that be a bad time for me to start my AFF training, since every one will be a little rusty from the winter??, i planned on going to do the hole AFF program the first month the season starts back up again, so would that be a bad idea???

It's a good idea. It won't affect your training.

I've only ever jumped in Sunny Spain :)Time to bite the bullit And address my lack of currency by jumping closer to home.
Waiting for that cold & frosty real clear day.

Blue Skies
Fly Like Zie Eagle, Not Like Zie Chicken !
Good advice from an instructor I know.

:)
I've just come through a long, cold, sub 75 deg winter, but your point is valid and noted. Africa's not a bad place to skydive!

t

I would love to come back to Africa to teach. That was I can stay current! Perhaps the Jo-burg club will have me back this winter?
Instructional Videos:www.AdventureWisdom.com
Keynote Speaking:www.TranscendingFEAR.com
Canopies and Courses:www.BIGAIRSPORTZ.com