goodtimes007

Tandem

Nope, you still have to do at least 25. It can easily be more than that -- I did 5 hop and pops for a canopy class while on coach jumps, and ended up with 33 jumps before did my checkout jump.

If you fail AFF levels, those can still count toward your A license, though.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Great two answers, both different opinions! This is for my wife not me, She is sitting at 22 jumps and wants to finish tomorrow. She started the whole process with a tandem, didn't know if that left her with 3 or two. She didn't fail anything, has all requirements set, just needs 2 hop and pops and the license jump. Obviously if she only has to make one instead of two Hop and Pops tomorrow there will be a better chance she finishes tomorrow.

Mmm a quick googling indicates that it does. Did she log her tandem? Or if she did it at the same dropzone and they have a record of it on the computer or something, maybe you can swing it. Just check with them when the day starts!
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Nope, you still have to do at least 25. It can easily be more than that -- I did 5 hop and pops for a canopy class while on coach jumps, and ended up with 33 jumps before did my checkout jump.

If you fail AFF levels, those can still count toward your A license, though.

I made three tandems and 4 aff jumps to complete the aff course. Where are you getting your info from : /

Just curious, but is she going just for her "A" and then never jumping again, just to have it? Or is she wanting to continue jumping? If the latter, then, just she should keep jumping and the rest will "fall" into place. :)

My son was just able to get his A license at 25 jumps before he moved away, so the goal was important. Also, at our DZ "novice" jumps are about $25 more than "slot+gear", so there's a real incentive to get your license quickly. :)

Just curious, but is she going just for her "A" and then never jumping again, just to have it? Or is she wanting to continue jumping? If the latter, then, just she should keep jumping and the rest will "fall" into place. :)

My son was just able to get his A license at 25 jumps before he moved away, so the goal was important. Also, at our DZ "novice" jumps are about $25 more than "slot+gear", so there's a real incentive to get your license quickly. :)

I need to get myself one of those licenses some day! :)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9