JerryBaumchen

Better Than Going to Trump University

12 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Re:  both schools ranked in the top five for having the least religious students

These Portland colleges have the least religious students, most marijuana use, Princeton Review says - oregonlive.com

Jerry Baumchen

They may not be religious, but they are definitely spiritual. Man.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2023 at 6:02 PM, Slim King said:

100%.. This is the reason that Biden wants to cover their bogus loans for BS degrees and then wanting the taxpayers to pay for it rather than the ungodly schools.

apparently he also wants to cover student loans for right wing students in right wing schools as well.

As a  professor for some 45 years, I could not care less what my students smoked or which deity (if any) they believed in,  so long as they could prove  that they could do science, math and engineering to the satisfaction of the accreditation agencies and their eventual employers.  Their personal lives were none of my business.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kallend said:

As a  professor for some 45 years, I could not care less what my students smoked or which deity (if any) they believed in,  so long as they could prove  that they could do science, math and engineering to the satisfaction of the accreditation agencies and their eventual employers.  Their personal lives were none of my business.

And this is exactly why you would not make a good republican politician. Although you failed to mention if you are highly concerned what your students did "in the bedroom".

3 hours ago, tkhayes said:

apparently he also wants to cover student loans for right wing students in right wing schools as well.

Imagine trump II with Betsy DeVos back and the current USSC in place. The evangelical right would have schools under neutron bomb attack. Libraries abolished, DeSantis and his ilk would run wild. Schools would be devoted to build "Gods Kingdom" and the administration would have the authority of the courts behind them.

Doubters...laugh it up because the gloves would be off. Look whats happening in Florida and Texas. The Right-Wing Mothers Fuelling the School-Board Wars

Doubters... you don't honestly think the religious right has been sleeping the last two years while Libs have been distracted by trump's call to the "Liberal prosecutors".

"the perfect place for DeSantis to install his vision for America-first Christian education.

In January, DeSantis appointed a new slate of Christian conservatives as trustees for New College, several of whom live outside Florida. They are being rubber-stamped by the Florida Legislature’s Republican supermajority this month."

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Imagine trump II with Betsy DeVos back and the current USSC in place. The evangelical right would have schools under neutron bomb attack. Libraries abolished, DeSantis and his ilk would run wild. Schools would be devoted to build "Gods Kingdom" and the administration would have the authority of the courts behind them.

Doubters...laugh it up because the gloves would be off. Look whats happening in Florida and Texas. The Right-Wing Mothers Fuelling the School-Board Wars

Doubters... you don't honestly think the religious right has been sleeping the last two years while Libs have been distracted by trump's call to the "Liberal prosecutors".

"the perfect place for DeSantis to install his vision for America-first Christian education.

In January, DeSantis appointed a new slate of Christian conservatives as trustees for New College, several of whom live outside Florida. They are being rubber-stamped by the Florida Legislature’s Republican supermajority this month."

Hi Phil,

Well put.  It reminds me of the old saying:  Be careful of what you wish for.

Jerry Baumchen

8 hours ago, CygnusX-1 said:

And this is exactly why you would not make a good republican politician. Although you failed to mention if you are highly concerned what your students did "in the bedroom".

Bedroom?  These were engineering students. We didn't give them time for sleeping or other bedroom acivities.