shibu

Wingsuits over NYC

http://www.redbull.com/en/adventure/stories/1331652291912/wingsuit-flyers-soar-daringly-over-new-york-city

Red Bull Air Force took to the skies over Manhattan on Sunday morning in an extraordinary skydive.

Stay tuned! Full video is coming soon...

Five members of the Red Bull Air Force made a rare wingsuit flight over the New York City skyline on Sunday morning.

Utilizing the latest technology in wingsuits allowed the flyers to travel an incredible two miles in two minutes to get a new, amazing view of the iconic NYC cityscape.

Ascending to 8,200 feet above the city via aircraft, the elite skydive team deplaned near the southern tip of Manhattan. Aided by their wingsuits, the flyers were able to propel to 120 mph during freefall, passing by defining buildings of the Financial District, before heading uptown where they deployed their parachutes – landing safely on a barge floating on the Hudson River.

Jeff Provenzano completed the monumental jump with fellow Red Bull Air Force members (and New York natives) Sean MacCormac and Amy Chmelecki, alongside team manager Jon Devore and videographer Andy Harrington, who also jumped.

“The FAA air space restrictions were a big challenge,” said Devore, referring to the three major airports surrounding the proposed jump zone, and the limitations imposed after 9/11. But the team obtained the appropriate permits.

The successful skydive was organised in anticipation of the Bethpage Air Show on Long Island, New York, next weekend (Memorial Day weekend in the USA).

The Red Bull Air Force will be performing multiple jumps for the large crowds expected at the highly revered air show, which draws 400,000 spectators annually.

piisfish

******Oh that Andy Harrington is one good videographer.

:D:D It's Andy Farrington. ;)

And yes, he's pretty damn good at everything. :)Sounds Fishy :D

I see what you did there. *golfclap*
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message