1 1
Phil1111

Is the Traditional GOP party DEAD?

John McCain is dead. Liz Cheney has vowed to fight on but the rug has been ripped out from under her. Mitch McConnell has remained quiet during this primary season. The old guard has seen the danger of standing up to the new republican party.

There is no national republican leader in the mold of the old guard. Who will challenge the new GOP? Certainly not: DeSantis slams FBI search while stumping for the GOP The slate of new republicans for midterms in the house and the senate is the GOP. There are likely seventy million Americans ready to vote for them.

4 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

John McCain is dead. Liz Cheney has vowed to fight on but the rug has been ripped out from under her. Mitch McConnell has remained quiet during this primary season. The old guard has seen the danger of standing up to the new republican party.

There is no national republican leader in the mold of the old guard. Who will challenge the new GOP? Certainly not: DeSantis slams FBI search while stumping for the GOP The slate of new republicans for midterms in the house and the senate is the GOP. There are likely seventy million Americans ready to vote for them.

Hi Phil,

Well, since you asked:  Cheney to launch anti-Trump organization after primary defeat - POLITICO

Jerry Baumchen

“The constitution is hanging by a thread.  The funny thing is, I always thought it would be the other guys. And it’s my side. That just rips at my heart: that we would be the people who would surrender the constitution in order to win an election. That just blows my mind.”

Rusty Bowers (R), speaker of the Arizona House of Representatives.

40 minutes ago, kallend said:

“The constitution is hanging by a thread.  The funny thing is, I always thought it would be the other guys. And it’s my side. That just rips at my heart: that we would be the people who would surrender the constitution in order to win an election. That just blows my mind.”

Rusty Bowers (R), speaker of the Arizona House of Representatives.

'After decades of civil war, the Arizona primaries mark a decisive swing in the state GOP’s balance of power. The center-right, pro-business wing of the party led by the late Sen. John McCain and Gov. Doug Ducey has been defeated, at least for now. Finchem and other far-right outsiders — the original tea party activists and the new Trumpist hard-liners — have taken over.

We drove a stake through the heart of the McCain machine,” Republican gubernatorial nominee Kari Lake bragged, while making a stabbing motion, at a CPAC event following the primary. “We threw together a rag-tag team of nonpolitical people to run the most exciting campaign in the country. And we won.”

There is a SC regular who oft posted that trump id gone. The link above shows the danger to America of trumpism.

Oh! and Kari lake above: Kari Lake Backs Candidate With History of Racist, Anti-Gay Slurs Oh trumpism is alive and well. Thriving in fact.

So Brent's ideas and statements is trolling? Nope just the underbelly of racism and trumpism in the new political landscape.

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

Hi Robert,

Without question, We need more of this.  Good for Kevin.

However, I am intrigued by how many members of the GOP will not switch parties but will vote Democrat in the Fall elections.

To me, that is the big question.

Jerry Baumchen

13 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Robert,

Without question, We need more of this.  Good for Kevin.

However, I am intrigued by how many members of the GOP will not switch parties but will vote Democrat in the Fall elections.

To me, that is the big question.

Jerry Baumchen

If they don't switch votes, it would be good if they didn't vote at all.

So GOP Senate candidate (GA) Herschel Walker is now anti-tree as well as campaigning against the bad air that China sends us in exchange for our good air.

And he was able to disprove Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution by observing that there still are apes that have not turned into humans.

People will actually vote for him.  We're doomed.