WatchYourStep

USPA Central Region Director Candidate....

I am running for the USPA Central Region Director. Below is my bio, please feel free to ask me any questions you may have for me. Thank you for your support.

Since my first jump over a decade ago, skydiving has made a powerful impact on my life. After obtaining my license, I became a “student” again, earning Coach, Tandem, AFF, and PRO ratings. With each new pursuit came the renewed realization of how amazing and vast our sport is, and how much there is to learn and achieve yet.

Currently I work at various Kansas dropzones as General Manager, instructor and photographer. I am also a Level I Tunnel Instructor for iFly and Head Coach for Men’s and Women's Crew at the University of Kansas. For three years I represented the Great Plains region from Minnesota to Texas for the American Collegiate Rowing Association and was active on the Eligibility and Awards Committee. ACRA oversees 100+ collegiate rowing programs.

Primarily, I foresee that my contribution on the USPA Board could focus on helping shape the direction we are going with safety and training, by supporting education efforts as preferable to regulation. Also, my degrees and experience in business and finance could be useful for Membership Services, Finance or Group Membership committees, and I would contribute however my prior experience would benefit the organization.

I see my primary obligation to the Central Region as two-fold: distribution of information for upcoming USPA issues, and collecting my constituents’ opinions and ideas and make sure they are heard. This is a proactive job, not a passive position.
I am an open book and happy to answer any questions.

Jeremy Struemph
[email protected]
D28980

Please feel free to contact me here, via email or on Facebook. Also you may join the group named "USPA Central Region" to stay up with stuff going on in the Central Region, please post boogies or anything else going on in the area.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

I feel obligated to say that even though I don't usually care or even participate in anything uspa outside of simply renewing my ratings, you should vote for Jeremy. This man is seriously one of the most genuine and humble jumpers I've ever met, with just the right amount of experience to make it all worthwhile. I feel he would do you some good and who doesn't need some good right now?

I have no stake in this claim but who couldn't use a little good fortune? If you run across this guy or talk an issue over with him, I would bet you're going to end up much better off in the long run. :)

Dave,

Jeremy is Manager and instructor at SDKS, and has helped me with tandems from time to time. Beyond that, I'm sure that he can speak for himself.

Jeremy is an active and very affective instructor. Great guy to be around, full of positive energy, and huge asset to any dz kuchy enough to have him on staff, or otherwise helping out.

Martin myrtle
DZO Air Capital DZ Wichitk Ks
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

Thanks for the kind words Elliot and Martin.

:$

Dave,

Martin hit the nail on the head, however I guess "help out" instead of "work" would be a better term. If I'm at a DZ and they need someone to coach a student, shoot video, run radio, fill a load, jump with a fresh licensed skydiver or take a tandem I'm always happy to jump in. I've done all those things at one time or another at Kansas State University Parachute Club, Air Capital Dropzone and Skydive Kansas which is my home DZ.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to continue being the GM position at SDK due to my new job. This new adventure will allow me the flexibility to travel to a few more DZs during the weekends which I'm very excited about.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

Dave-

Great question. I think if an airport is federally funded a DZ should have access to it. With that being said, going in and saying, "You have to let me open a DZ here" isn't always the best first course of action to take or even the second course of action to take. That is just my opinion on it.

I've always believed in the saying "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar." Some would say that is naive but it's suited me well in my short run at life....

However like Patrick Swayze said in Road House...

....it's a recurring issue around the KC area......

It's a recurring issue in the KC area, and its a recurring issue across the country. We've seen major DZs booted off in high-profile cases in Texas and Washington (to name a few) and airport access is a major stumbling block for both new and well-established DZs. That is why I always donate to the Airport Access Defense fund.

Here is a Question - (and maybe we can elicit responses from both Jeremy and Gary) ~ How and when should USPA become involved when local officials refuse to grant permission for skydiving operations on a federally-funded airport? Specifically, when do you switch from honey to vinegar (to refer to the aforementioned analogy)?
=========Shaun ==========

SHAUN! What's up buddy, long time no see....crazy how busy life gets.

Great question. To be honest, I don't know if I have a great answer for you because I don't know the inner workings of how the USPA handles these situations in great detail.

Conflict Resolution for me personally goes from "asking" to "demanding". Additionally, there are various ways to handle each method. You can ask politely or rudely, and you can demand politely or rudely as well. When asking politely doesn't work, I normally will go with demanding politely, but always with explanations on why.

For instance, we recently made our practices 30 minutes longer each day. Now, it would have been very easy as the coach to go in and say "Practice is at this time because I'm the coach." Would this have accomplished what I wanted? Yes, but there probably would have been some resentment or just a general negative tone about it. However, what I did was make the suggestion of having practice a half hour earlier, and then explained why. If we move practice up 30 minutes, that is an extra 3 hours a week (we only practice 6 days a week), which equals 12 hours a month or 108 hours over the course of a season (9 months). 108 hours of practice time is basically an additional 54 practices a season. That's a lot, and when I put it in that context, not only did they agree to it, they thought it made a lot of sense and were on board with the idea.

My thought is, if there is a lot of resistance to an idea, try to show how the idea benefits everyone. If you receive similar resistance from several different people at several different places, maybe it's not the plan so much as the way you are trying to execute it.

Dave-

I'm somewhat familiar with it, but not in as much depth as some. I'll tell you what I know from my own experience with the situation....

I went to 1 meeting that was at the airport in regards to opening a DZ. I'm not sure how many, if any, had occurred before that or what type of interaction had occurred. However there already seemed to be some tension between the Board and the hopeful tenant.

At the meeting I did not see any other skydivers or DZOs (of course I don't know everybody) except for the gentleman trying to open the DZ. A person on the Airport Board said he had talked to a DZO and that after that conversation a DZ on the Lawrence Airport was an unsafe adventure. I was there for 99% of the conversations between that DZO and the Airport Rep, and at no time were those words or anything in that context ever stated. The bottom line from the DZO was a DZ could work on any airport with proper communication.

I sent a text to the DZO and asked if I may speak as a representative for the DZ to which permission was given. I addressed the board as a skydiver and dropzone rep. and told them that what had been said by the Airport Rep. was not correct and no such thing had been stated by said DZO.

At that point the Airport Rep. asked me if I was a pilot and I explained to them, I was (canopy pilot) and that I had jumped at an international airport with flights taking off and landing in the same vicinity (Linz, Austria). Like stated before skydiving can occur with proper communication. That went over like a lead balloon and I was pretty well dismissed.

That was the end of it and I didn't return for any other meetings, I think the board had made up it's mind before the meeting. Maybe that was due to prior interactions or something else, I can't speak to that.

As far as follow-up I didn't really have any. I wasn't asked for any assistance and to be honest at that point in my life I didn't have the time to add "trying to gain airport access for a DZ" to my daily plate.

A DZ in Lawrence would have been awesome for me as I lived about 10 minutes from the airport and had been in Lawrence since 98, recently moved to KC. However, it was evident that not many people on the board wanted a DZ there. I'm not sure of the reasoning, however to be honest I'm not sure I want to be someplace where I'm not wanted or where there are a bunch of loopholes to jump through. If it were my DZ I would have tried to get the city involved and shown them why it would be a good option for the city, public opinion can go a long ways, but that's just my opinion.

In regards to some KC access issues, I did jump at a DZ that had to move a few times due to an access issue. I can still support a DZ and DZO's vision even if I don't agree with their path.

At the meeting I did not see any other skydivers or DZOs (of course I don't know everybody) except for the gentleman trying to open the DZ.

And the reason why you did not see any other skydivers there, other then the gentleman trying to open the dz, is because the perspective dzo was told this would be a meeting with the seven airport board members and the airport manager, to review and talk about the details of the proposed operations. However upon arrival to the airport the perspective dzo finds a lobby full of "public" and hears that chairman of the airport board announce they will be holding a "city commission style public hearing".

It was then the perspective dzo learned that one airport board member, Mr Haig, took it upon himself to visit with your boss Jen Sharp at Skydive Kansas.

A person on the Airport Board said he had talked to a DZO and that after that conversation a DZ on the Lawrence Airport was an unsafe adventure.

Where, according to him (Mr. Haig), he showed Mrs. Sharp a confidential business plan of the proposed operation and talked in detail all about the proposed competing operation in Lawrence Kansas.

I went to 1 meeting that was at the airport in regards to opening a DZ.

Yep pretty surprising to you sitting in the gallery of the seemingly invited public, at the one and only public meeting packed full of invited people who were there to speak and listen to the newly announced "city commission style public hearing" that took place on 3-9-09, along with invitee Life Star medical helicopters director and other airport users. Must have been Mr Haig personal invite that informed you of the meeting or your pal in building and grounds on city staff.

I sent a text to the DZO and asked if I may speak as a representative for the DZ to which permission was given. I addressed the board as a skydiver and dropzone rep. and told them that what had been said by the Airport Rep. was not correct and no such thing had been stated by said DZO.

Yes you did, I'm sure Mr Haig was rather disappointed in your comments after visiting in person to Skydive Kansas in order to get "facts", as he has stated many times in writing and implies there was more then one visit with your boss. What was interesting in all of that, is you were the only other skydiver in the room and all you had to say on the subject over all was to defend Jen Sharps statements. You didn't really defend skydiving IHMO, and you didn't bother defend the fact that Life Star operates right next door to Skydive Kansas, when the perspective dzo called him on that fact, when stating they couldn't operate on an airport where skydiving takes place and if allowed, it was cause 10 to 20 minute delays in life flight departures. Not a peep was hear out of you. It seemed pretty clear to me you were there for only one reason and those reasons had nothing to do with skydiving, other then to report back to your boss on possible competing operations.

I think the board had made up it's mind before the meeting. Maybe that was due to prior interactions or something else,

You would be correct to a degree, in fact Mr. Haig has put in writing one of the main reasons why he voted down any proposed operations on KLWC was his fact finding tour visits with Jen Sharp and possibly additional KC area dzo's.

I'm somewhat familiar with it, but not in as much depth as some.

in the last election when your boss ran, and lost, she was asked directly her thoughts on the "12 pending airport access cases nation wide" her reply was, she didn't know much about the 12 cases, but the two she knows of in her area, those perspective dzo's had acted unprofessional. Kind of funny to not know anything about the 12 cases and then make such bold, yet false statements about current and active airport access cases and those involved in them with in the region. It is pretty clear as you said yourself:

I don't know the inner workings of how the USPA handles these situations in great detail.

Clearly you don't, nor do you have any real idea of anything related to the Lawrence airport access case prior too and during the 2009 "city commission style public hearing" or any interactions there after to the present day. I personally don't believe you are well suited to represent USPA and it's member intrenched in seven year airport access battle, nor the additional USPA members whom have requests pending as well this year 2015. You have a lot to learn regarding the facts on not only this case we speak of, but of the additional requests that have been made post 2009. There is also additional access issues in this region, and on the national level as well. Our current regional director has been a huge help in this case for the last seven years and has a great deal of knowledge on the subject of access over all on the national level, as well as the workings of the FAA at the highest levels in dealing with complex, long drawn out access cases, I'll you and others of the Cresswell Ore. case, it took 8 years to resolve!

And for the record, your boss and her ex Jim Sharp tried to move their operations to KLWC in July of 2000. So no I guess it should not be all that surprised to see you in the gallery of invitees to spectate and report back. More so when in the very first meeting with the Asst City Manager and the building a grounds dept. head, your name came up as someone who was known to the City of Lawrence as a skydiver and KU employee as the rowing coach.

http://www.lawrenceks.org/assets/public-works/minutes/airport/00Jul.shtml

Aviation Advisory Board

Minutes from Thurs., July 20, 2000 Board Meeting

Board Members Present: Rick Bryant, Chair

SkyDive Kansas

Board received presentation from Jim Sharp, President, SkyDive Kansas, about prospects of basing his operation at LWC. A 10-Chapter Presentation binder was presented to each board member for their review of his operation. After receiving presentation, board members asked questions of Mr. Sharp and presented a future view of LWC’s growth and scope with regards to SkyDive’s compatibility.

Due to lack of quorum, the board promised to review and discuss request at next meeting. A recommendation will be developed for Mr. Sharp. The airport consultant, Airport Development Group, offered to assist with review of FAA guidelines and operational guidelines developed for other airports.

FYI Mr. Rick Bryant chairman of the airport board at the time, was the same guy who you heard making that announcement that the airport board decided to hold a "city commission style public hearing". The unannounced and no public notice issued "public hearing" to provide notice to the citizens of Douglas County as required by law, you know in case they, the citizens wanted to attend it.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

See Jeremy I have the same problem with you.....this meeting was not widely publicized or announced on any dz forums...yet there you were..in what capacity???? An interested neutral jumper or a designated spy for Jen Sharp, who despite her protests has kept a pretty close eye on any potential competing drop zones in her area. And how did you even KNOW about this meeting??? This same topic came up several years ago when Jen made a run for this same office, and my problem is whether anyone who is a dz manager/owner can really give their unbiased support to a potential NEW dz if it represents possible competition in the same area.....I realize it's easy to come up with crackpot conspiracy theories way after the fact, but the reality is that too many people in the Kansas City area are guilty of trying to suppress new drop zones, for a variety of reasons, most of which were self serving.......and it's all "not personal....just business" until it's time to run for some elected office.....and it's tough for me to bury the past and hope that you'd be a fair minded regional director when this dark cloud is floating around your head.

Well Wes I really answered my own question. Your recall of the whole situation is skewed and quite frankly full of bovine feces (That means Bullshit) and of lies and conjecture.

Wasn't it you that bullied your way into opening for a single day and in that single day had a fatality due to your incompetence and lack of complete good and safe judgment?

Please correct me if I'm wrong and I'll apologize but my guess is I'll be saving that apology for when I don't buy my kids the newest Xbox game!!!

stratostar

Yep pretty surprising to you sitting in the gallery of the seemingly invited public, at the one and only public meeting packed full of invited people who were there to speak and listen to the newly announced "city commission style public hearing" that took place on 3-9-09, along with invitee Life Star medical helicopters director and other airport users. Must have been Mr Haig personal invite that informed you of the meeting or your pal in building and grounds on city staff.

Yes you did, I'm sure Mr Haig was rather disappointed in your comments after visiting in person to Skydive Kansas in order to get "facts", as he has stated many times in writing and implies there was more then one visit with your boss. What was interesting in all of that, is you were the only other skydiver in the room and all you had to say on the subject over all was to defend Jen Sharps statements. You didn't really defend skydiving IHMO, and you didn't bother defend the fact that Life Star operates right next door to Skydive Kansas, when the perspective dzo called him on that fact, when stating they couldn't operate on an airport where skydiving takes place and if allowed, it was cause 10 to 20 minute delays in life flight departures. Not a peep was hear out of you. It seemed pretty clear to me you were there for only one reason and those reasons had nothing to do with skydiving, other then to report back to your boss on possible competing operations.

I think the board had made up it's mind before the meeting. Maybe that was due to prior interactions or something else,

You would be correct to a degree, in fact Mr. Haig has put in writing one of the main reasons why he voted down any proposed operations on KLWC was his fact finding tour visits with Jen Sharp and possibly additional KC area dzo's.

Wes, this elaborate theory about Jeremy being sent as a spy becomes incoherent when you acknowledge (as you did...so I don't understand why you believe this theory?) that Jeremy corrected Mr. Haig's false recollection of his conversations with Jen: Jeremy clarified that Jen had never said that a DZ couldn't safely integrate with the airport's operations. If we're supposed to believe that Jeremy was sent on a nefarious competitor spying mission, why would he correct Mr. Haig on this point and thereby effectively defend the prospects of your operation?

-Nathan Henry

Wasn't it you that bullied your way into opening for a single day and in that single day had a fatality due to your incompetence and lack of complete good and safe judgment?

I think it's safe to say this is way out of bounds....and wrong. It takes a lot of logical gymnastics to arrive at the conclusion that a licensed jumper low pull fatality is the DZO's fault.

This is one of the most ridiculous things that I have ever heard. I have know Jeremy for years and he doesn't have a clandestine bone in his body. He is selfless and only cares about spreading the love of his passions with others. I mean did everyone just miss the amazing Patrick Swayze meme he just graced us with? Since everyone here is being unappreciative, I will go ahead and say "thank you Jeremy for you magnanimous gift of Swayze."
Seriously Jeremy is one of the most talented and knowledgeable jumpers I know. On top of that he humble and has absolutely no ego. In fact I was with Jeremy when the incident happened at Wes' DZ. He had nothing but great things to say about you.
My personal opinion is that if you think that you could do better than Jeremy then get off your tail and put your name on a ballot.
DS #149
Yes I only have 3 jumps...it's the magic number dude.

stratostar

And the reason why you did not see any other skydivers there, other then the gentleman trying to open the dz, is because the perspective dzo was told this would be a meeting with the seven airport board members and the airport manager, to review and talk about the details of the proposed operations. However upon arrival to the airport the perspective dzo finds a lobby full of "public" and hears that chairman of the airport board announce they will be holding a "city commission style public hearing".

I had met Ron out at the DZ (obviously stated above) I wasn't informed of a meeting at that time but took it upon my own desires to call the Airport and ask what was on the upcoming agenda. When I heard this issue was on it I decided to run in. The person who answered the phone didn't even ask who I was.

stratostar

It was then the perspective dzo learned that one airport board member, Mr Haig, took it upon himself to visit with your boss Jen Sharp at Skydive Kansas.

Ok...

stratostar

Where, according to him (Mr. Haig), he showed Mrs. Sharp a confidential business plan of the proposed operation and talked in detail all about the proposed competing operation in Lawrence Kansas.

So I have no idea if that did happen or didn't, however if it did how does that impact Jen? However the real question is if this did happen we now have a 2nd time where Ron did something that wasn't maybe on the up and up. Instance 1: Showing a "confidential" document to someone (if it occurred) and I also think it's strange that he would admit to doing that. Instance 2: Saying that someone said something when they didn't. Maybe this is a trend?

stratostar

Please refer to above comment about calling the Airport....Also if I did receive a personal invite from him why would I tank his misrepresentation of Skydive Kansas' position?

stratostar

Did you miss the part where I said something along the lines of "Skydiving can occur on any airport with proper communication between the groups." Then they went off about me not being a pilot and having no working knowledge of how those things work....I'm pretty sure you were there for that. And to be honest I don't recall what was said about LifeStar. We had them on our DZ for years, heck we even shared a hangar and it was great.

stratostar

So again isn't it possible that we are seeing a reoccurring trend here with how the airport or it's representative(s) conducted themselves?

stratostar

in the last election when your boss ran, and lost, she was asked directly her thoughts on the "12 pending airport access cases nation wide" her reply was, she didn't know much about the 12 cases, but the two she knows of in her area, those perspective dzo's had acted unprofessional. Kind of funny to not know anything about the 12 cases and then make such bold, yet false statements about current and active airport access cases and those involved in them with in the region. It is pretty clear as you said yourself:

Ok....I'm not sure what I'm suppose to say here. Um....I jumped several times at PE's places. Whenever I had questions about the legality or the "Cease and Desist" order(s) I would simply call the city and ask if that was true or just a rumor. I don't know if the DZOs were the issue there as I don't have first hand information as I was (and still am) early in my jumping history. What I do know is both sides handled the KC issue in question terribly, from what I saw as a young jumper. I think people forget that we are just jumping out of airplanes. Have fun, be safe and just keep rolling.

stratostar

Clearly you don't, nor do you have any real idea of anything related to the Lawrence airport access case prior too and during the 2009 "city commission style public hearing" or any interactions there after to the present day. I personally don't believe you are well suited to represent USPA and it's member intrenched in seven year airport access battle, nor the additional USPA members whom have requests pending as well this year 2015. You have a lot to learn regarding the facts on not only this case we speak of, but of the additional requests that have been made post 2009. There is also additional access issues in this region, and on the national level as well. Our current regional director has been a huge help in this case for the last seven years and has a great deal of knowledge on the subject of access over all on the national level, as well as the workings of the FAA at the highest levels in dealing with complex, long drawn out access cases, I'll you and others of the Cresswell Ore. case, it took 8 years to resolve!

Ok, that is totally your opinion and you are welcome to it. I do hope though for the sake of all that more than 1 person at USPA is heading up the charge on Airport Access. Nowhere in any statement did I say that Gary was doing a bad job. I haven't had to deal with Airport Access so I can't comment on what type of job he is doing.

stratostar

And for the record, your boss and her ex Jim Sharp tried to move their operations to KLWC in July of 2000. So no I guess it should not be all that surprised to see you in the gallery of invitees to spectate and report back. More so when in the very first meeting with the Asst City Manager and the building a grounds dept. head, your name came up as someone who was known to the City of Lawrence as a skydiver and KU employee as the rowing coach.

Ok, so let me get this straight. The people at the Airport knew me so I was on their side? I don't think that is what you are saying but I am having trouble following your logic. I had lived in Lawrence since 98, started jumping in 2005. Helped put on a charity event in 2007 and tried to get as much media attention for the cause. Worked at KU as a rowing coach (and still do) and also worked at the University in the Grants department. In that time and in those capacities I crossed paths with a lot of people. I guess I'm honored I made an impression that they remembered.

http://www.kcsdv.org/summer07-01.html

In my initial response to Dave's post I tried to omit all names because I didn't really see how they impacted the discussion, but I noticed you put all of them on here except yours....?

Wes when I first me you...do you remember...when you came to my place of employment uninvited and unannounced, I listened and even agreed to help you do tandems at an event at the Airport. You asked me to keep it on the low until the paperwork was finalized and I did, but something happened and you never got back to me. Other than that we've never really talked. If you want to sling mud and act like you know me and I'm a bad guy, go ahead, but you aren't going to bring me down man. I'm having way too much fun living. Like I said in an earlier post, even though I don't agree with someone's path I can still agree with their vision. And that is what it is in this case, I agree with your vision but not your path (at least the path I've seen). If you encounter roadblocks at several different places maybe you need to look for a different way of getting there?

Best of luck to you man.

PS: Typically I'm not one that is easily offended and I have pretty thick skin, however when I click on your name and your profile comes up I find your quote next to your picture distasteful and insulting.....I hope you don't have any family members or friends that are special needs people....that's cold man.

flyboy6554

See Jeremy I have the same problem with you.....this meeting was not widely publicized or announced on any dz forums...yet there you were..in what capacity???? An interested neutral jumper or a designated spy for Jen Sharp, who despite her protests has kept a pretty close eye on any potential competing drop zones in her area. And how did you even KNOW about this meeting??? This same topic came up several years ago when Jen made a run for this same office, and my problem is whether anyone who is a dz manager/owner can really give their unbiased support to a potential NEW dz if it represents possible competition in the same area.....I realize it's easy to come up with crackpot conspiracy theories way after the fact, but the reality is that too many people in the Kansas City area are guilty of trying to suppress new drop zones, for a variety of reasons, most of which were self serving.......and it's all "not personal....just business" until it's time to run for some elected office.....and it's tough for me to bury the past and hope that you'd be a fair minded regional director when this dark cloud is floating around your head.

Dave-

Please read the prior post. If I was there as a spy for Jen I did a terrible job;)

As I stated before, I jumped at PE's DZs and I would have jumped at Wes' if it had worked out. And as stated in an earlier post I'm not sure I'm going to be able to maintain my current standing at SDK in a management position with a new career path I'm taking.

With that being said I love competition. It causes all parties involved to up their game. If another DZ opens, GREAT! As a jumper it's good for me as I have another option. As a DZ employee it's good for me as it makes me keep my game up or risk losing students.

With that being said it seems (maybe it's just to me) that the last 2 posts have mentioned Jen a few times. So to clear up any confusion, Jen Sharp is one of my closest friends. I would not be where I am today (not only in skydiving but my general disposition on life) without her. If someone doesn't vote for me because I'm friends with her, while I feel their logic is flawed, that is their choice. The converse is also true, if someone votes for me only because I'm friends with Jen, it's not right. Jen and I have several things that we don't see eye to eye on (and that is not just because she is shorter than me), however we respect each other's opinion and we can move forward. It's great being able to do that with people, it's a skill not everyone has....have either of you even really spoke with her? That's a question for a different thread I guess, so lets save it for another time.

Dave you have Skydive Twin Cities listed in your profile. I'm in Chicago all weekend. Come on down and we can fly in the tunnel or make a jump. Reserve judgement until you've actually met me....

AirBlade

Low blow....and unless you can back that statement up you should remove it. Even if you can back that statement up I'm not sure DZ.com is the best place to air that laundry....

Nastyn8

Wes, this elaborate theory about Jeremy being sent as a spy becomes incoherent when you acknowledge (as you did...so I don't understand why you believe this theory?) that Jeremy corrected Mr. Haig's false recollection of his conversations with Jen: Jeremy clarified that Jen had never said that a DZ couldn't safely integrate with the airport's operations. If we're supposed to believe that Jeremy was sent on a nefarious competitor spying mission, why would he correct Mr. Haig on this point and thereby effectively defend the prospects of your operation?

-Nathan Henry

This guy gets it...

ElJosh

This is one of the most ridiculous things that I have ever heard. I have know Jeremy for years and he doesn't have a clandestine bone in his body. He is selfless and only cares about spreading the love of his passions with others. I mean did everyone just miss the amazing Patrick Swayze meme he just graced us with? Since everyone here is being unappreciative, I will go ahead and say "thank you Jeremy for you magnanimous gift of Swayze."
Seriously Jeremy is one of the most talented and knowledgeable jumpers I know. On top of that he humble and has absolutely no ego. In fact I was with Jeremy when the incident happened at Wes' DZ. He had nothing but great things to say about you.
My personal opinion is that if you think that you could do better than Jeremy then get off your tail and put your name on a ballot.

Josh-

First let me thank you on recognizing Patrick Swayze. That stuff is internet gold right there.

Secondly, lets not sugar coat it. I think I said something along the lines of what I stated above in a previous post. I like his vision just not his path and that I had no ill will towards him. I wouldn't wish that tragic event on anyone....

PS: TWIN TRIP SOON!

PPS: Martin, you gave me the worst mental picture imaginable...

WatchYourStep

***This is one of the most ridiculous things that I have ever heard. I have know Jeremy for years and he doesn't have a clandestine bone in his body. He is selfless and only cares about spreading the love of his passions with others. I mean did everyone just miss the amazing Patrick Swayze meme he just graced us with? Since everyone here is being unappreciative, I will go ahead and say "thank you Jeremy for you magnanimous gift of Swayze."

Josh-

First let me thank you on recognizing Patrick Swayze. That stuff is internet gold right there.

Secondly, lets not sugar coat it. I think I said something along the lines of what I stated above in a previous post. I like his vision just not his path and that I had no ill will towards him. I wouldn't wish that tragic event on anyone....

PS: TWIN TRIP SOON!

PPS: Martin, you gave me the worst mental picture imaginable...

Yes on Twin Falls
As for my comment I was laying blame on the incident. It's a tragic and I agree with Nat's statement. I don't Know Wes and the only time I've heard about him was on the opening day. My point being that when I asked you who he was, I only remember saying good things about him. It's how you are. Unlike me where I talk smack about someone I don't know to someone, who I also don't know, only to discover that they are friends. (Eloy)
I got to give it to you though, I can't think of anything more undesirable than serving in any position within USPA. Just my opinion, that said you'd be great at it.

"I'm Ron Burgandy?"
DS #149
Yes I only have 3 jumps...it's the magic number dude.