brenthutch

The Religion of Green

I can relate. For me however, it's the negative impact on the plants and animals. The things I hold dear.  It IS painfully clear that WE and our convenient lifestyles do indeed kill needlessly. I see the need for change. But rather than ask all my neighbors to stop growing there green lawns and stop spreading poison on THERE OWN PROPERTY that has a negative impact on my health, I'll just move to an area with "greener" like minded types...

(edited)

If anyone bothers to waste their time watching this video, I didn't.

The producers of this video: "PragerU, short for Prager University, is an American 501(c)(3) non-profit media company that creates videos on various political, economic, and sociological topics from an American conservative perspective...PragerU is not an academic institution and does not hold classes, does not grant certifications or diplomas, and is not accredited by any recognized body.[7][8] PragerU's videos over a range of topics including climate change, racial issues, and opposition to immigration have been criticized for misleading or factually incorrect content.[9][10][11][12]

In August 2018, PragerU criticized YouTube for adding fact-checks containing basic information about climate change to PragerU's videos about climate change.[25][9]

The videos support and argue for capitalism, against a $15 minimum wage, and that gun ownership is a constitutional right. Dave Rubin states in a video: "racism, bigotry, xenophobia, homophobia, and Islamophobia" are "meaningless buzzwords". In a video about the alt-right, Michael Knowles argues that it has nothing in common with conservatism and instead is close to leftism, except the left is much larger.[4] The videos promote the Electoral College, arguing that it thwarts voter fraud and that "pure democracies do not work".[13]

Climate Feedback, Reuters and the Weather Channel have found that PragerU's videos promote inaccurate and misleading claims about climate change.[34][35][36][37][9][38] Over a dozen videos promote fossil fuels and dispute the scientific consensus on climate change.[9]

PragerU was founded in 2011 by conservative radio talk show host Dennis Prager and radio producer and screenwriter Allen Estrin,[13]in order to advocate for conservative views and to offset what Prager regards as the undermining of college education by the left.[6][14]

It receives the majority of its funding from the fracking industry.

Edited by Phil1111

18 hours ago, brenthutch said:

A thought provoking short video 

So what thoughts did this video provoke? Were they intelligent thoughts?

Should we just be thankful that they provoked your thoughts at all, because it's at least a change from the usual?

You're leaving out a lot of details. It's almost like posting something without comment, trolling behaviour which you've been called out for several times.

On 7/6/2021 at 11:48 PM, gowlerk said:

If green was a religion it would make more sense than any traditional religion.

That's not saying much.  Coochie Cootie comic books make more sense than any traditional religion.