piisfish

When buying/selling high performance gear...

Buyer :
-please don't lie, to yourself or the seller
-don't buy "too long in advance" regarding your experience
-I won't do crazy stuff/big turns etc... doesn't work

Seller:
-please do serious background checks (the best would be a quick call to the "regular" DZO of the buyer)
-the "I won't do crazy stuff/big turns etc..." is a promise which is never held

specially when you sell a Valkyrie 84 to a guy jumping a Sabre 2 150 (sub 400 total jumps).

>:(>:(>:(
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I don't know if there is any video. But it is never good when you hit the ground at the same time as your canopy, specially when loaded around 2.2 lbs/sqft.

Hope that the doctors can fix him. :|

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

piisfish

I don't know if there is any video. But it is never good when you hit the ground at the same time as your canopy, specially when loaded around 2.2 lbs/sqft.

Hope that the doctors can fix him. :|

WOW!>:(
Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.

More of this please

An "instructor" sold my friend a 91 to jump (loaded around 1.9) when he was sub 500 jumps. Of course he started jumping the thing :S

When I raised this as a safety issue I was told that just because I am not ready for such a small canopy it doesn't mean he isn't.>:(

So far all the bones are still inside his legs and I am hoping his skill level can catch up to the wing he is flying before he breaks himself

Reminds me of California City during the 1990s when so much "gutter gear", and too many "closet queens" were being sold to unsuspecting junior jumpers. Bob Celaya - the DZO - put his foot down and insisted that all gear sales go through the DZO or a handful of trusted local rigger's.

As to the OP, expecting junior jumpers to inevitably down-size is so "last week's fashion" because - by the time they have 200 jumps - many will want to start jumping wing-suits or jumping off cliffs and both those sub-sports require large, docile canopies.