chuck.reilly

Visio stencils

Does anyone have or know where to find RW stencils for visio? even a single RW flyer so I can plan out RW dives for various numbers of flyers. Thanks.
-----------------------------------
"There are two kinds of skydivers in this world, the kind that skydive to enrich their lives and the kind that skydive to define their lives. Don't be the latter."

Does anyone have or know where to find RW stencils for visio? even a single RW flyer so I can plan out RW dives for various numbers of flyers. Thanks.

What's a "visio"?

(I guess that means I can't help here...)

Microsoft Visio, for flowcharts and stuff.

Sorry, don't know any pics for that. Nice idea though. However there are a couple nice programs around that are specially for designing dives.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I gave up several years ago trying to use Visio and bought Jan Myers formation software. After stumbling with it for a day or two, I figured it out and learned it was really very easy to use.

The problem with Visio was turning the jumper image to fit all the various angles in a formation.

Blue skies,

Jim

Thanks for the feedback. I like the Salient Solutions idea. However being the qusai techno geek I am, I'd still like to use visio. I'll have to see if I can build the stencils. Thanks again.
-----------------------------------
"There are two kinds of skydivers in this world, the kind that skydive to enrich their lives and the kind that skydive to define their lives. Don't be the latter."

Thanks for the feedback. I like the Salient Solutions idea. However being the qusai techno geek I am, I'd still like to use visio. I'll have to see if I can build the stencils. Thanks again.

Gosh, isn't there anything that can't be done without a computer any more?

Attached is a photo of an old-fashioned low-tech method of plotting dives, used decades ago: a MagnetMan Board.

It consists of a sheet of steel, painted sky blue, and comes with small magnetic skydiver figures. You can push them around to arrange any formation you want. And you can do it anywhere you happen to be dirt diving, without a computer!

Seen in the photo is a 4-way dive: Meeker, Donut, Zipper, Crank.

I've color-coded a few of my magnet men, and put a duct-tape border around the edge of the sheet of steel to soften the hard edge.

Second image: Para-Gear catalog entry for magnetmen.

I've got a set on my fridge. My three year old son get's a kick out of designing formations with them.

Oh yeah, a MagnetMan board is endless entertainment for a kid. But the formations they come up with would be really hard to do in the air... :|