Media Silence On Biden Assault Allegations is Deafening

3 hours ago, Coreece said:

Ok, so what's your limit of sexual assault accusations before you decide to vote 3rd party again or something else?

Or do you need to see a conviction?

I will vote for the lesser of two evils.  Don't know how I can get any simpler than that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Yes, but it's hardly worth it when no one else takes it seriously.

I don’t really care about others. I was genuinely interested to see if you could apply the same rules to Biden as you do to  Trump. Beyond one sarcastic post I’ve genuinely been looking for positives in Trump. Trump sure hasn’t made it easy these last few days!

This may go against political correctness, but I’m not all that happy with people in their late seventies running for high office, I wouldn’t be happy with a 21 year old either. It’s an incredibly high stress role and I don’t know how you screen for that. From what I’ve read it appears both candidates are struggling with mental decline. Just to contradict myself I’ve done half Ironman competitions with people in their early to mid seventies who are fitter than I am (mid forties)

7 hours ago, Coreece said:

Agreed that they might not be sexual assault, but they're not similar at all to Merkel's case.  She said it was a friendly gesture and that it never crossed her mind that something so trivial would go so viral. 

Sure she said it was friendly, but go watch the video again and tell me with a straight face that she was comfortable and happy with what he was doing.

4 hours ago, nigel99 said:

I don’t really care about others. I was genuinely interested to see if you could apply the same rules to Biden as you do to  Trump. Beyond one sarcastic post I’ve genuinely been looking for positives in Trump. Trump sure hasn’t made it easy these last few days!

No - It sure hasn't.  I'll give you that. <face palm>.

I am taking this seriously - regardless of the rest.

I did notice some cheekiness from you already - but I can't be sure.;)

4 hours ago, nigel99 said:

This may go against political correctness, but I’m not all that happy with people in their late seventies running for high office, I wouldn’t be happy with a 21 year old either. It’s an incredibly high stress role and I don’t know how you screen for that. From what I’ve read it appears both candidates are struggling with mental decline. Just to contradict myself I’ve done half Ironman competitions with people in their early to mid seventies who are fitter than I am (mid forties)

It takes all kinds.:D

More power to the geriatrics!! :handraised:

3 hours ago, jakee said:

What does that mean?

The #METOO movement is primarily made up of those on the left. 

Those on the left hate trump and will have to vote for Biden.

Biden is now in the same camp as Trump and many others hated by the #METOO movement - 

So its an obvious conundrum.

One might also call it a social paradox.

3 hours ago, jakee said:
10 hours ago, Coreece said:

Agreed that they might not be sexual assault, but they're not similar at all to Merkel's case.  She said it was a friendly gesture and that it never crossed her mind that something so trivial would go so viral. 

Sure she said it was friendly, but go watch the video again and tell me with a straight face that she was comfortable and happy with what he was doing.

The whole thing happened very quickly and lasted about one second.  She initially seemed startled until she realized that he's just giving her a quick shoulder rub as if pumping up your buddy for the big game.  (After all it was her first G8 summit as chancellor)  She then raises her arms like a champion and smiles/laughs it off.  And not only did she say it was a friendly gesture, but also a kind gesture - and there is no reason to think anything beyond that, as if it made her feel uncomfortable and sad. 

Merkel Interview - https://youtu.be/4fTfd1TqmV4?t=815

Now if that was Biden, he'd take his time and slowly work his way down to her arms as he leans in to smell her hair and whisper sweet nothings in her ear.

At worst, Bush was just being the awkward chucklefuck that he was.   With Biden it's just creepy and weird.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Those on the left hate trump and will have to vote for Biden.

Biden is now in the same camp as Trump and many others hated by the #METOO movement - 

So its an obvious conundrum.

One might also call it a social paradox.

It's a shit sandwich for sure. I hope to god he has the good grace to drop out before the Convention but I doubt it.

Still, at least for the left it is a moral conundrum to be faced. Those on the right never even hesitated. Not for Trump, not for Kavanaugh... Christ, it took Roy Moore being a pedophile for enough of them to stay home for him to lose by a point. They still have no qualms about voting for the guy who endorsed him though.

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Coreece said:

The whole thing happened very quickly and lasted about one second.  She initially seemed startled until she realized that he's just giving her a quick shoulder rub as if pumping up your buddy for the big game.  (After all it was her first G8 summit as chancellor)  She then raises her arms like a champion

Come off it. The only time anyone ever raises their arms like that for being a champion is if their teammates have just poured ice cold water down their neck as a celebration.

Edited by jakee

1 minute ago, jakee said:
9 minutes ago, Coreece said:

The whole thing happened very quickly and lasted about one second.  She initially seemed startled until she realized that he's just giving her a quick shoulder rub as if pumping up your buddy for the big game.  (After all it was her first G8 summit as chancellor)  She then raises her arms like a champion

Come off it. The only time anyone ever raises their arms like that for being a champion is if their teammates have just poured ice cold water down their neck as a celebration.

That was the impression I got when I first watched it.  But after watching it more closely, it really does look like she's playing along and quite possibly enjoying the attention.

1 hour ago, jakee said:

Not necessarily true - I have seen at least one woman remove their shirt in celebration . . .

6 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

The #METOO movement is primarily made up of women who have been sexually assaulted.  They have to choose a party.  Sadly, there's really only one option, since the GOP celebrates (and elects) men who have been accused of rape and sexual assault and who admit to sexual assault on camera.  To paraphrase the GOP: "We believe you were assaulted; we just don't care."

For decades, the democratic party has been the party of equality - the party that fights for the rights of minorities, gays, transgender people and women.  It would be great if that changed.  With Trump in charge, that won't happen for decades.

• Like 1

(edited)

The Joe Biden sexual harassment accusation has somehow manged to garner more media attention in the last 6 weeks than all of the credible sexual assaults and rapes accusations against Trump have garnered in the last 3 years.

If the accusation against Biden had any merit, would they not have surfaced during his background checks as VP?

Edited by normiss
Misuse of plurality.