LeeroyJenkins

DZ Demographics

At this point I really can't think of myself as anything more than an observer in the ultimate political farce.
As for Democrat or Republican I never lost sight of the fact that they're both a bunch of politicians. Period. They aren't our friends, they're suits, even when it happens to be pants suits.

Phil1111

But just look at how you jumped on it to tar everyone from his half of the country with the same brush, and so further your divisive agenda, and work another step forward to the broken nation you so desire.

I sense a virtual signal of micro-aggression here. I am going to call my pastor for consolation. Then I am going to spend a long time in my safe place. That is the room where I keep my black rifles and ammo.

Hey thaaaats too funny! When I get together with my gun friends and the black rifles come out to play. We go to the range and set up the dueling trees at 200 yards.

After a couple 00 rounds this always comes to mind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwqHarJnQP8

Because a peaceful easy feeling arises as they never let me down. See we have allot in common.

My intention was to create a humorous domain within both the cybernetic as well as the cerebral space. I am pleased you found it.

That song is one of my all-time favorites and the Eagles are tied with Pink Floyd as my favorite bands.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Bob_Church

At this point I really can't think of myself as anything more than an observer in the ultimate political farce.
As for Democrat or Republican I never lost sight of the fact that they're both a bunch of politicians. Period. They aren't our friends, they're suits, even when it happens to be pants suits.

We are definitely on the same page.;)
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Yep.

Keep in mind though that the original poll asked about liberal vs. conservative, which no longer has much to do with democrat vs republican.

gowlerk

I feel like people are trying to make this complicated.

Because it is complicated. People don't like to be pigeon holed. I self identify as liberal, but I have some views that more liberal people would disagree with. And even some that conservatives can agree with. I did not answer the poll because of that.

It was too complicated for you to pick a liberal leaning independent?

LeeroyJenkins

I feel like people are trying to make this complicated.

Because it is complicated. People don't like to be pigeon holed. I self identify as liberal, but I have some views that more liberal people would disagree with. And even some that conservatives can agree with. I did not answer the poll because of that.

It was too complicated for you to pick a liberal leaning independent?

Which country? In the UK or NZ I'd be viewed as center right. In the US that makes me some way to the left.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

RonD1120

***At this point I really can't think of myself as anything more than an observer in the ultimate political farce.

We are definitely on the same page.;)

I never thought it would get quite this strange.

billvon

Yep.

Keep in mind though that the original poll asked about liberal vs. conservative, which no longer has much to do with democrat vs republican.

Sorry, but I'm missing something here. I'm not getting what you're saying.

>Sorry, but I'm missing something here. I'm not getting what you're saying.

Leeroy posted a poll about whether people saw themselves as conservative or liberal.

You replied that republicans and democrats are both politicians, which I agree with - but doesn't address the poll directly. Republicans are no longer very aligned with conservative values, like family values, fiscal responsibility and small government. Likewise, democrats are moving away from liberal values like personal freedom. So equating them doesn't work well any more. You could have a guy who considers himself a staunch republican - being for small government, traditional committed families and financial responsibility - who now votes democratic because his values are the opposite of what the republicans currently represent.

billvon

>Sorry, but I'm missing something here. I'm not getting what you're saying.

Leeroy posted a poll about whether people saw themselves as conservative or liberal.

You replied that republicans and democrats are both politicians, which I agree with - but doesn't address the poll directly. Republicans are no longer very aligned with conservative values, like family values, fiscal responsibility and small government. Likewise, democrats are moving away from liberal values like personal freedom. So equating them doesn't work well any more. You could have a guy who considers himself a staunch republican - being for small government, traditional committed families and financial responsibility - who now votes democratic because his values are the opposite of what the republicans currently represent.

Thanks,

LeeroyJenkins

If you believe in conservative values and liberal values that makes you an independent.

No, it doesn't. An independent has no party affiliation. Being an independent has nothing to do being liberal or conservative. (Arguably) Most moderates are independent. That does not, however, imply that most independents are moderate.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

LeeroyJenkins

Let's avoid the moderate/independent semantic argument. Same same in this case.

Alternately, you could ask what you mean, and not make up definitions as you go along. At this point, the poll is unsalvageable.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

jcd11235

***Let's avoid the moderate/independent semantic argument. Same same in this case.

Alternately, you could ask what you mean, and not make up definitions as you go along. At this point, the poll is unsalvageable.

Haven't made anything up. The Poll seems to be coming out pretty well for a poll involving self identification.