billvon

Trump's policy on 'detaining' children

If they are brown or black you ensure there is a zero-tolerance policy and prosecute to the maximum possible.

If they are white, you ask for common sense and demand leniency based on various grounds. I am sure they didn't really mean to and it was just an accident.

And besides, Clinton did it first.

billvon

After jumping through hoops to explain how separating kids was good, now explain to us how not doing it is good.

They will explain that they (and Trump) were always against separating families, and nothing has changed. Not like the Democrats who want to separate families.

Up next - Trump supporters attack Democrats for cozying up to Kim Jong Un, who is a ruthless dictator.

The Onion nails it:

politics.theonion.com/political-scientists-baffled-by-trump-s-ability-to-end-1827000942?utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_source=Facebook&utm_content=Main&utm_campaign=SF

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

rushmc

I was only replying to your statement about illegal entry being a misdemeanor.

I just added the context that if they are deported and they come back again then their felons.

fair enough, I know it was Ron that was trying to equate felons with separated immigrant families. It looked like you were trying to make the same argument.
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

kallend

Dailycaller?
:D
:D:D
:D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh puleeze, at least TRY to be serious.

Once again you can't refute the content so you go to stupidity instead
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

kallend

Dailycaller?
:D
:D:D
:D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh puleeze, at least TRY to be serious.

What are you talking about?!?!?! DailyCaller is just as good as Brietbart or Newsmax, maybe better, almost as good as FoxNews.

The Chesters who worship the Cheetoh in Chief would be hard pressed to find better sources for their talking points.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

You can't deal with the content either can you LOL.

You just can't deal with the fact that those kids were getting the same if not worse treatment under the Obama Administration than they're getting today. But today you feign some sort of outrage and pick and choose who you want to be mad at! Well your selective outrage has been outed it and you guys are all looking more and more hypocritical every day
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

You just can't deal with the fact that those kids were getting the same if not worse treatment under the Obama Administration than they're getting today. But today you feign some sort of outrage and pick and choose who you want to be mad at! Well your selective outrage has been outed it and you guys are all looking more and more hypocritical every day

A few nights ago I read through a couple dozen forum pages trying to find one single objective true fact in your posts, without success. Pretty sad, given the confidence with which you make your assertions. I think Aesop had something to say on the topic.

Sometimes one just has to consider the source. It's pretty safe to assume that the red rectangle captures mostly fake news, right or left. If it's true, it will be picked up by an outlet in the green rectangle.

jcd11235

***You just can't deal with the fact that those kids were getting the same if not worse treatment under the Obama Administration than they're getting today. But today you feign some sort of outrage and pick and choose who you want to be mad at! Well your selective outrage has been outed it and you guys are all looking more and more hypocritical every day

A few nights ago I read through a couple dozen forum pages trying to find one single objective true fact in your posts, without success. Pretty sad, given the confidence with which you make your assertions. I think Aesop had something to say on the topic.

Sometimes one just has to consider the source. It's pretty safe to assume that the red rectangle captures mostly fake news, right or left. If it's true, it will be picked up by an outlet in the green rectangle.

LOL. I got a feeling that you can't tell fact from opinion on anything you read. So we'll just check on that little bit.
Abraham Lincoln

If anyone cares to take a look and see what the truth is click on the daily caller link that I provided. You will see that all the pictures they posted have the credit to who took them and put them out there. The majority of them were from Reuters.

Getty had some of the pictures

So the Daily Caller put them together and made an article out of it. And many here got a put down so I think many that are disparaging The Daily Caller or actually projecting about themselves..

The pictures her during the Obama Administration.

The sickening feigned outrage and selective judgement showed by the left on this is disgusting. And many here we'll just keep going with it!

Such as the vile Trump derangement syndrome we have going on in this country today!

But in some ways I hope we keep it up. I'd sure like to see a filibuster-proof senate on the Republican side after the midterm elections.
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

I like them just fine. They're a credible source of non-biased news. Along with several other similarly credible, unbiased sources, I get much of my news from NPR.

Maybe Marc can tell us which of these contradictory statements is true, and which is a lie.

www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/segments/the-trump-administrations-wildly-contradictory-statements-on-family-separation/2018/06/20/197131f2-74b6-11e8-bda1-18e53a448a14_video.html?utm_term=.e71b367861f4

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

So much for the children who have already been put in detention -

"An HHS official tells @weijia that there will NOT be special efforts made to reunite children who have already been separated from their families bc of the Zero Tolerance Policy, despite Trumps EO. Process will proceed for minors currently in the unaccompanied children program."

It's getting pretty bizarre on both sides, but one of the sleazier approaches is to tie things to immigration and if you don't agree with it as 'a reason for asylum' you're a heartless bastard who is pro bad things. Now advocates are fighting for domestic violence as a reason for asylum, and if you disagree you're a pro-wife beating Nazi.
So, if you're husband is an asshole don't demand a local means of dealing with it, don't fight to improve things as women did in the US. Pack up the kids and go to the United States where husbands never beat their wives. Then when asshole shows up at the border we'll have to let him in because "hey, his whole family is here, what kind of cruel Nazis would keep him out?"
This really has become a debate over letting everyone in or not. We're supposed to let anyone with financial problems in, despite having our own people sleeping on the streets, and anyone who's afraid of gang violence, despite sections of our cities being war zones and our schools having to teach active shooter protocols.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jun/21/trump-immigration-rules-vulnerable-children

It's getting pretty bizarre on both sides, but one of the sleazier approaches is to tie things to immigration and if you don't agree with it as 'a reason for asylum' you're a heartless bastard who is pro bad things. Now advocates are fighting for domestic violence as a reason for asylum, and if you disagree you're a pro-wife beating Nazi.

Agreed, it's getting pretty bad on both sides. (And if you don't agree with imprisoning children, you are a criminal lover who wants the country overrun with MS-13 vermin.)

So, if you're husband is an asshole don't demand a local means of dealing with it, don't fight to improve things as women did in the US.

I really hope you are NOT saying that the right way to handle spousal abuse is to stay with the abuser and try to "improve things." The reason that spousal abuse in the US has gotten better (at least since the 1980's) is that more women are getting out of such relationships - and then calling the cops on them.

Maybe I misunderstood and you meant "get out of the relationship but stay in your own country, and work to fix it there." And a lot of time that works; sometimes it doesn't.

This really has become a debate over letting everyone in or not.

I don't think anyone is arguing "let everyone in." I don't know anyone, for example, who advocates letting criminals in. But it is restarting the debate over immigration, which is a good thing - because it's one of the many problems that politicians would prefer to ignore.

We're supposed to let anyone with financial problems in, despite having our own people sleeping on the streets, and anyone who's afraid of gang violence, despite sections of our cities being war zones and our schools having to teach active shooter protocols.

If you think that the bad parts of the US are worse than the bad parts of Colombia or Venezuela - you've never been there.

despite sections of our cities being war zones and our schools having to teach active shooter protocols.

How many of those school shooters have been recent immigrants, illegal immigrants or the immediate offspring of those?

It is indeed getting pretty bizarre when all crime is blamed on immigrants. Gee, I wonder where I have seen that before, blame all the country's ills on a single, identifiable group.

Now advocates are fighting for domestic violence as a reason for asylum, and if you disagree you're a pro-wife beating Nazi.
So, if you're husband is an asshole don't demand a local means of dealing with it, don't fight to improve things as women did in the US.

Remember that those US women were probably descended from people (like the Founding Fathers) who packed up and ran away to the Americas because (under your template) they couldn't be bothered to fight for change at home.

Remember also that those US women had at least a partially democratic system (depending on what time you're looking at) to work within for change.

Remember that the two things aren't mutually contradictory. Every country has movements working within it for change, however in some countries there is no democratic process for that change, no imminent hope of that change, and the men in those countries can either kill their wives with impunity for certain real or imagined slights, or even get the state to do it for them. To imply that a woman facing certain death in her country lacks moral fibre for not wanting to stay and fight is a rather shameful attitude...
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Trump has now signed an EO that imprisons children along with their parents. While far from a solution - and far from what Obama or even GWB managed to do - at least it is better than separating them, then imprisoning them separately.

And the right wing is still trying to defend the policy of imprisoning children. The latest defense comes from Congressman Kevin Cramer, who compares cages to playgrounds. “By the way, chain-link fences are around playgrounds all over America. There’s nothing inhumane about a chain-link fence ― if it is, then every ballpark in America is inhumane.” . . .“Well, chain-link fences have been used to protect children from predators on playgrounds, baseball diamonds. To me, it’s not the chain-link fence. That’s not the issue. That’s a ruse by some on the left to try to create an image that’s far worse in description than it is in reality.”

So they're not cages, they are just like baseball diamonds, where fences are used to protect Little Leaguers against . . . predators? And here I thought they were to keep foul balls from hitting spectators. I guess GOP politicians take their kids to different playgrounds than most people.

So an update:

- Trump didn't do it
- OK maybe he did do it but it's not that bad
- Obama did it first
- Clinton did it first
- It's the Democrat's fault
- The Bible said to do it
- We're not really doing it; they are fake families
- We're not really doing it; they are 'hardened adults' not kids
- We're not really doing it; the kids are actors
- It's not so bad; those cages are 'essentially summer camps'
- It's not so bad; those cages are really just warehouse walls that happen to be chain link fence
- It's not so bad; those cages are like baseball diamonds, and kids like those

On the plus side, Melania Trump visited a detention center today. Note that it was NOT one of the centers that primarily houses children that were separated from their parents, and that it was likely prepped extensively before her visit. So it was 95% optics. However, the White House did note this - that her "goals are to thank law enforcement and social services providers for their hard work, lend support and hear more on how the administration can build upon the already existing efforts to reunite children with their families." So at least they are now on record with trying to reunite the families they separated. It is at odds with what the HHS just said; we will see.

"I really hope you are NOT saying that the right way to handle spousal abuse is to stay with the abuser and try to "improve things." The reason that spousal abuse in the US has gotten better (at least since the 1980's) is that more women are getting out of such relationships - and then calling the cops on them. "

You come up with the ugliest misinterpretation possible and lead with it.
And no, the situation in the US did not improve because more women are calling the police. More women are calling the police because they stopped treating wife beating as a joke. When a woman calls the police because she is afraid that the asshole who just beat her bloody is going to kill one of her children, then the police joke around with the so-called man and arrange for him to get a two week medical vacation to deal with his stress it does not encourage women to call them. Especially the smug look on his face when he beats her after they leave.

SkyDekker

despite sections of our cities being war zones and our schools having to teach active shooter protocols.

How many of those school shooters have been recent immigrants, illegal immigrants or the immediate offspring of those?

It is indeed getting pretty bizarre when all crime is blamed on immigrants. Gee, I wonder where I have seen that before, blame all the country's ills on a single, identifiable group.

What has that got to do with it? I'm saying we have the same conditions here, not that the immigrants brought them.

Bob_Church

What has that got to do with it? I'm saying we have the same conditions here, not that the immigrants brought them.

Ah ok, may mistake, I misunderstood. Apologies.

SkyDekker

Ah ok, may mistake, I misunderstood. Apologies.

Not to worry. I'm afraid I get touchy in any discussion involving domestic violence.