freeflyfree

US military rigger found guilty of cutting straps

jclalor

How he could end up without prison time is incredible.

Absolutely. Reduction in grade and a bad conduct discharge. Oh boy, they really laid down the law.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

***How he could end up without prison time is incredible.

Absolutely. Reduction in grade and a bad conduct discharge. Oh boy, they really laid down the law.

Is this something that someone in that area of the service would think they'd probably get away with? Or was this guy just way too stupid to be carrying a knife, let alone anywhere near an aircraft?

Bob_Church

******How he could end up without prison time is incredible.

Is this something that someone in that area of the service would think they'd probably get away with? Or was this guy just way too stupid to be carrying a knife, let alone anywhere near an aircraft?

What it looks like to me was that he planned it. And possibly some of his friends on the ground knew it. They were reportedly cheering when the equipment pancaked on the ground.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

What it looks like to me was that he planned it. And possibly some of his friends on the ground knew it. They were reportedly cheering when the equipment pancaked on the ground.

No, he acted alone. The guys on the ground were just laughing about shit that boots laugh about which is things going to shit and things going boom.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Was that 3 separate aircraft or one plane with 3 quick passes? It looks like 3 separate planes. This means that he had to have sabotaged the loads before take off. He was either good at hiding his nefariousness or there wasn't a gear check prior to exit.
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

Every job has things that you can get away with and things that you can't and when I say get away with I'm including things that don't get investigated because they frequently happen anywas. I was wondering if this might be one of those, if for instance, straps broke accidentally a lot and it was just accepted so he'd probably get away with it.
Or is he just an idiot?

Bob_Church

Every job has things that you can get away with and things that you can't and when I say get away with I'm including things that don't get investigated because they frequently happen anywas. I was wondering if this might be one of those, if for instance, straps broke accidentally a lot and it was just accepted so he'd probably get away with it.
Or is he just an idiot?

There's usually a clear difference between broken straps and cut straps. So, yeah, he was an idiot.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban