ryoder

Roger Ailes dead

Rick

***As a former Sailor, those 2 expressions have been a thorn in my side at times.

as a botanist that expression gets under my skin :)

As a person who occasionally dabbles in words . . .
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The vision of the dirtbag Ailes being tossed into the pits of hell by Satan warms my heart. I wish that his entire entry interview was available on YouTube. I am sure that the shock and horror on his face during the process were wonderful.

Good riddance to a filthy maggot. The world is a better place.

These dirty old men are being fired because of 'generational stagnation' and changing sexual mores.
Back when they were rising stars, they learned one set of standards for sexual behaviour. That set of old values rewarded them well for decades, ergo they saw no reason to change.
Unfortunately, sexual standards and word meanings changed over time. The sad thing is that journalists are getting fired because they act oblivious to changing social standards.
The sadest thing is that some dirty old men are being persecuted for things they did decades ago. Isn't there a legal principal that says that you cannot be tried for sins committed before a law changed?

I am not defending dirty old men, just saying that it is cruel to punish them for things they did decades ago, when societal norms were different.

Since those sorts of sexual advances are no longer considered polite in modern society and those dirty old minds are impossible to change .... sometimes they need to be "encouraged" or forced into retirement.

The worst thing is dragging the scandal out in public because rape trials have never been gentle on victims and repeatedly recounting traumatic events can cause Prolonged Traumatic Stress Disorder.

riggerrob

... Isn't there a legal principal that says that you cannot be tried for sins committed before a law changed?

I am not defending dirty old men, just saying that it is cruel to punish them for things they did decades ago, when societal norms were different.

Yes. It's called "Ex Post Facto."

But sexual assault is and was pretty clearly defined. The fact that it 'was acceptable' for men in positions of power to commit sexual assault and get away with it doesn't change the fact that it is/was a criminal act.

And the fact that they settled numerous lawsuits indicates that they knew what he was doing was wrong.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

riggerrob

It was not all "decades ago".
https://www.vox.com/2016/8/15/12416662/roger-ailes-fox-sexual-harassment-women-list

Carlson was a well-known Fox News personality from 2005 until June 23 of this year, when her contract wasn't renewed.
Then during a meeting with Ailes in September 2015, he allegedly said, "I think you and I should have had a sexual relationship a long time ago and then you'd be good and better and I’d be good and better."
Kelly, host of The Kelly File on Fox News and one of the network’s biggest stars, told attorneys investigating Carlson’s claims that Ailes made unwanted sexual advances toward her about 10 years ago.
By 2006, Luhn said, she had been promoted to director of bookings at Fox — where she said she was expected to hire attractive staffers and send them to Ailes, or "find me whores," as she said Ailes put it.
Bakhtiar says she was fired from Fox News in 2007 after complaining about a 2006 incident of sexual harassment from Brian Wilson, who at the time was about to be promoted to Fox News Washington bureau chief.
Bakhtiar also says that Roger Ailes harassed her, asking her to stand up so he could see her legs during her 2005 job interview, and that she was pressured by management to wear miniskirts on air.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.