billvon

Spicer: Trump meant wiretapping, not wiretapping

The jokes just write themselves. How long before Spicer loses his mind?
==================
Spicer: Trump didn't mean wiretapping when he tweeted about wiretapping

By Jeremy Diamond, CNN
Mon March 13, 2017

- A week earlier Spicer said Trump's tweet "speaks for itself"
- But Monday, Spicer was open to providing an interpretation

(CNN)The White House on Monday walked back a key point of President Donald Trump's unsubstantiated allegation that President Barack Obama wiretapped his phones in Trump Tower during the 2016 election.

Namely, White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Trump wasn't referring to wiretapping when he tweeted about wiretapping.

"I think there's no question that the Obama administration, that there were actions about surveillance and other activities that occurred in the 2016 election," Spicer said. "The President used the word wiretaps in quotes to mean, broadly, surveillance and other activities."

Wiretapping is a narrowly defined surveillance activity that involves tapping into "a telephone or telegram wire in order to get information," according to Merriam-Webster dictionary.

Spicer also said that Trump was referring to the Obama administration broadly -- and not accusing Obama of personal involvement -- when he tweeted that "Obama had my 'wires tapped' in Trump Tower" and accused Obama of being a "bad" or "sick guy."
=====================

billvon

The jokes just write themselves. How long before Spicer loses his mind?

Nope, he'll just keep on going. I'm quite sure now that his interpretation of the role of spindoctor is that the bigger the lies you tell, the better you're doing at the job.

Basically, he's Malcom Tucker without the comedy swearing. (Which was Malcolm Tucker's only redeeming feature.)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Trumps tweet did exactly the job it was meant to do. It diverted attention from all of the negative stuff that was going on at the time and is standard Trump MO - when you're under pressure, attack.

The irony of course that this is real FAKE news put about by the liar-in-chief but his rabid fan base won't see that. 'Bitch about Obama' beats 'do your job' in their mind.

It looks like one of the topics that has been getting buried a lot right now is the Supreme Court nomination. The pre-hearings have been occurring for the last 3 weeks and is scheduled to go before the Senate on March 20th for the first round of public hearings. Notice how little press this has gotten on any area? Distract and cause chaos in one area so that people do not see what else is going on elsewhere.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Trump in 2016:
=============
Donald Trump said on Friday he plans to change libel laws in the United States so that he can have an easier time suing news organizations. ...

"One of the things I'm going to do if I win, and I hope we do and we're certainly leading. I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money.”
=============

Today:
=============
U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions today said that he never gave President Trump any reason to believe the Obama administration had wiretapped Trump Tower.
. . . .
The Republican chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, who has been one of the few defenders of Trump's claims, made clear on Tuesday that there is zero evidence to suggest Trump Tower was wiretapped.

“I don't think there was an actual tap of Trump Tower,” Nunes said. He added that if you are taking Trump's tweets literally — which he said you shouldn't do — then “clearly the president was wrong.”
==============