Unemployment down
GDP up
Fewer soldiers coming home in body bags
Housing crisis over
Deficit down
Stock market at record high
Worst recession in generations ended
US Auto industry saved
No sex, booze or drug scandals in the White House.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

"Trumponomics may be wrong medicine for U.S. economy today

Tax cuts, deregulation and more federal spending advocated by the incoming Trump administration are a classic remedy for economic stagnation and long unemployment lines.

But that medicine may be too strong for an economy that has grown for eight years, with wages now rising and the jobless rate near what many economists consider "full" employment.

A Reuters analysis of regional jobs data and historic trends suggests that stimulus could boost demand for workers in areas where labor is already tight. That in turn, could stoke inflation, force the Federal Reserve to raise rates faster than expected, and make recession a greater threat. ...

"When you think of what Trump is inheriting, it is an economy in which much of the recent crisis has been solved," said Jed Kolko, chief economist for the job site indeed.com....

The periods where unemployment has gone too low, without a Fed response, "have ended in some kind of recession," Atlanta Federal Reserve bank president Dennis Lockhart said in Naples, Florida, last week. ...

Jobs data show deep regional differences, reflecting shifts in industries and populations that a one-size-fits-all strategy is ill-equipped to address.

For example, labor market participation of prime working age men in Iowa has fallen just 2.2 percentage points since 1978; by contrast it tumbled 12 percentage points in Kentucky as a result of the coal industry's decline....

According to various studies, including one commissioned by the U.S. Treasury Department last year, major infrastructure needs are clustered around big coastal urban areas; an overhaul that targeted the most beneficial projects could make regional disparities even bigger....

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-economy-analysis-idUSKBN1540H7?il=0

brenthutch

Our long national nightmare is over. Godspeed Donald J. Trump, I pray that you are not as stupid as you appear.

I'm guessing he is not at all stupid. But he is impulsive, and impatient. Both potentially large short comings in his new position.

I just heard his inaugural address. My first impression, as an outsider looking in, is basically "welcome to the new era of Fortress America".

Good luck with your new era and congratulations to America.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

brenthutch

My Fellow Americans,

I moved on her, actually. You know, she was down in Palm Beach. I moved on her, and I failed. I’ll admit it.
I did try and fuck her. She was married.
No, no, Nancy. No, this was [unintelligible] — and I moved on her very heavily. In fact, I took her out furniture shopping.
She wanted to get some furniture. I said, “I’ll show you where they have some nice furniture.” I took her out furniture —
I moved on her like a bitch. But I couldn’t get there. And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big phony tits and everything. She’s totally changed her look.
Whoa! Whoa!
All right, you and I will walk out.
Maybe it’s a different one.
It better not be the publicist. No, it’s, it’s her, it’s —
Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.
Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything."

Donald J. Trump, President of the United States of America.

brenthutch

I have never had a problem with anyone using a TelePrompTer, I was just pointing out that Obama, without his TelePrompTer, is hardly the second coming of William Jennings Bryan.

Oh, the vast majority of your links had nothing to do with me.

Still having that reading problem?

I wrote:

Brenthutch and Rushmc will have conniptions.

I had a haircut today. Both my barber and I thought Trump's hair looked more normal than before. It didn't look as if an animal was sitting on his head.

It's a pity his speech, while great for soundbites, contradicted almost everything he has stood for during his entire adult life.

And it really pisses me off that he keeps implying that America is not great. It is great, and the military is by far the world's strongest and more than capable of defending the country. The only purpose for spending even more on it is if he plans to fight a war of aggression.

The only purpose for spending even more on it is if he plans to fight a war of aggression.

All the GREAT Presidents were wartime.

And it really pisses me off that he keeps implying that America is not great.

He spent most of that speech describing America as a dystopian failure. What a great leader.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

kallend

The only purpose for spending even more on it is if he plans to fight a war of aggression.

There is one other reason politicians spend money on unnecessary things; corruption. Paying back supporters who got them into office. Paying supporters to continue their support.

This is largely what the military industrial complex Eisenhower warned of is all about.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***The only purpose for spending even more on it is if he plans to fight a war of aggression.

There is one other reason politicians spend money on unnecessary things; corruption. Paying back supporters who got them into office. Paying supporters to continue their support.

This is largely what the military industrial complex Eisenhower warned of is all about.

IMO more aptly playing to the political base. Presumably trump policy is to have the rest of the world to defend itself. For other countries to spend more on their own defense. The US doesn't need allies and will look after itself. Behind its walls.

Yet he wants to expand military spending, build a 350 ship navy and make it great again. Such a pity there are enemies hiding everywhere and not a friend to be found. SAD.

kallend

***I have never had a problem with anyone using a TelePrompTer, I was just pointing out that Obama, without his TelePrompTer, is hardly the second coming of William Jennings Bryan.

Oh, the vast majority of your links had nothing to do with me.

Still having that reading problem?

I wrote:

Brenthutch and Rushmc will have conniptions.

Obviously having a comprehension problem, you should have said "or" as I am still conniption free.

The first Americans refugees fleeing the Trump regime are now arriving in Canada. The current PM Trudeau will probably let them stay like his father did in the 60s when they were fleeing Nixon and the draft.