yoink

So what's going to happen in the final debate?

rushmc

***Are those the wikileaks the FBI says the Ruskies tampered with?
:D:S:D

Tampering is easy to prove
Release the originals but note this,
As of yet they have only said they were tampered with.
They have yet to deny anything in them

I am sure she will release them right after the audit is completed.

She will melt down if she is not immaculated this time.

That's not a word, as you know. But it does not matter. Soon you will be kneeling at the alter and worshiping her. You know it's true, because you made up the word yourself.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Good summary.

Overall this debate was probably his best performance. He held it together for almost 30 minutes and stayed on-topic the entire time. It makes me think that if he ever took preparation seriously, and could keep his temper in check, he could do a pretty good job in a debate.

In a lot of ways that's the tragedy of Trump. He could be a reasonably good contender for the presidency - and in a year when the best the democrats could do was Clinton, he would have a good chance of winning if he was willing to do the work. Come up with actual, realistic immigration policies. Prep for debates. Do the math on the deficit, and propose budgets that actually reduce it. Avoid the racist, misogynistic rants that have damaged him. (Note that he doesn't have to stop _being_ a misogynist, just learn to keep his mouth shut.) Listen to the smart people around him, and avoid firing them when he hears things he doesn't like.

(Note that he doesn't have to stop _being_ a misogynist, just learn to keep his mouth shut.)

Absolutely true. There is a long tradition of men in power who treat women much as Trump does. But they never made the mistake of bragging about it.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

billvon

Good summary.

Overall this debate was probably his best performance. He held it together for almost 30 minutes and stayed on-topic the entire time. It makes me think that if he ever took preparation seriously, and could keep his temper in check, he could do a pretty good job in a debate.

In a lot of ways that's the tragedy of Trump. He could be a reasonably good contender for the presidency - and in a year when the best the democrats could do was Clinton, he would have a good chance of winning if he was willing to do the work. Come up with actual, realistic immigration policies. Prep for debates. Do the math on the deficit, and propose budgets that actually reduce it. Avoid the racist, misogynistic rants that have damaged him. (Note that he doesn't have to stop _being_ a misogynist, just learn to keep his mouth shut.) Listen to the smart people around him, and avoid firing them when he hears things he doesn't like.

He is still a textbook case of a psychopath/narcissist.
3 times in my life I have clashed with one of these assholes, and they caused me a lot of trouble.
The worst thing you can do is give them power over other people.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

>He is still a textbook case of a psychopath/narcissist.

I agree with narcissist (many politicians are) but not psychopath. He's clearly formed emotional attachments with his friends and family, even if they often lead to pain and dysfunction (i.e. his many divorces.) He is not cool, calm and emotionless, a trait that is common to most psychopaths. Indeed, his emotionality has gotten him in trouble quite often; successful psychopaths learn to act with the emotional facade that gets them the best results.

billvon

I agree with narcissist (many politicians are) but not psychopath. He's clearly formed emotional attachments with his friends and family, even if they often lead to pain and dysfunction (i.e. his many divorces.) He is not cool, calm and emotionless, a trait that is common to most psychopaths. Indeed, his emotionality has gotten him in trouble quite often; successful psychopaths learn to act with the emotional facade that gets them the best results.

To me his biggest disqualifier is his demonstrated inability to be wrong, ever. His driving desire to constantly harp on why he is right and everybody else is wrong at any and all costs would be incredibly dangerous in the oval office.

It would also make it extremely easy to manipulate him, which is what Hillary has easily shown in the debates.

billvon

Look down the list of characteristics, and tell me how many don't apply to Trump:

http://www.minddisorders.com/Flu-Inv/Hare-Psychopathy-Checklist.html

It is a spectrum disorder. Perhaps in the most severe cases, they don't develop attachments.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

>Look down the list of characteristics, and tell me how many don't apply to Trump:

Well, removing the ones that have to do with legal prosecution, they are:

glib and superficial charm
grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self
need for stimulation
pathological lying
cunning and manipulativeness
lack of remorse or guilt
shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness)
callousness and lack of empathy
parasitic lifestyle
poor behavioral controls
sexual promiscuity
early behavior problems
lack of realistic long-term goals
impulsivity
irresponsibility
failure to accept responsibility for own actions
many short-term marital relationships

Many of those are seen in a great many politicians (and even a fair number of skydivers) and you'd have a hard time arguing all of them were psychopaths.

billvon

Many of those are seen in a great many politicians (and even a fair number of skydivers) and you'd have a hard time arguing all of them were psychopaths.

you mean MOST are seen in MOST politicians?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

billvon

>you mean MOST are seen in MOST politicians?

I used to think that, but then I met some politicians, and not a psychopath among them. As in most things in the US media, I think you hear the most about the most extreme among them.

well, that's not as fun

(but I agree - most people mean well and just operate from differing assumptions. That's why when I see an ad that pretty much calls a candidate pure evil, it's more likely to have the exact opposite effect than intended - I'll assume the candidate being supported in the ad has nothing to offer and is likely attempting a smear campaign based on falsehoods and misrepresentations. I find it funny when it happens in local elections since the voter usually have enough direct experience with the candidates that the falsehoods are usually VERY obvious. They seem to think the national campaign model would apply locally - or they are just too lazy to come up with a better playbook than the default)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

> That's why when I see an ad that pretty much calls a candidate pure evil, it's
> more likely to have the exact opposite effect than intended

Yep. Along with ads for local measures:

"Voters will not pay a dime for X"
"Local businesses support X"
"Your taxes will not go up if you vote for X"

>Now the Nazi reference

Lately it's been the alt-right coming up with the Nazi references:
==========================
Donald Trump Supporters Taunt Journalists With Nazi Term ‘Lugenpresse’ And Leave Swastika In Press Pen

Inquisitr
October 24, 2016

Any journalist covering a Donald Trump rally is in for a drama-filled day. On Saturday night in Ohio, the drama rose to an anti-semitic level, when Trump supporters yelled the term “lugenpresse” at journalists, a term that dates back to the mid-1800’s when the Nazi’s tried to discredit the media . . .

Buzzfeed wrote today, “it’s become a familiar routine” that Trump supporters were “haranguing the press” at a rally. Typically the press are usually just booed and screamed at, but this weekend, the taunts reportedly took an ugly pitch. Buzzfeed reports that the ugly started after the rally was over, and some Trump supporters approached the press pen shouting the usual insults, and accusing the press of being bought and paid for by the Clinton family.

“Lugenpresse, that is what you are,” a man shouted. He is joined by a man that applauds his correct usage of the word, “You said it right.”
=======================