rushmc

"CBS News Crew Tried to Show How Easy it Was to Buy an AR-15"

Ok
Many of you here think those making the Planned Parenthood videos should be punished for crimes. What say you about this reporter who has appeared to have committed at least one felony? (and yes, I think the process should be allowed to happen)

http://tribunist.com/news/cbs-news-crew-tried-to-show-how-easy-it-was-to-buy-an-ar-15-it-backfired-big-time/

Well, the experience for CBS went a little differently than the others and the producer who made the purchase could find herself facing federal firearms charges for making a straw purchase.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Ok
Many of you here think those making the Planned Parenthood videos should be punished for crimes. What say you about this reporter who has appeared to have committed at least one felony? (and yes, I think the process should be allowed to happen)

http://tribunist.com/news/cbs-news-crew-tried-to-show-how-easy-it-was-to-buy-an-ar-15-it-backfired-big-time/

Well, the experience for CBS went a little differently than the others and the producer who made the purchase could find herself facing federal firearms charges for making a straw purchase.

Well, apparently it was easy.

And IF the *opinions* in article are correct, she also showed how easy it is to lie in order to make a straw purchase.

While she *may* get in trouble, it seems to me that she showed what she intended to show.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***Ok

And IF the *opinions* in article are correct, she also showed how easy it is to lie in order to make a straw purchase.

While she *may* get in trouble, it seems to me that she showed what she intended to show.

Ok
should she be investigated and charged if the investigation shows she broke the law?
Abraham Lincoln

I don't think this falls under the definition of a "Straw Purchase."

While she did purchase it intending to sell it, that isn't illegal, at least not for only one gun. Do it a bunch of times and you need an FFL.

She didn't purchase it with a prior agreement with the person she sold it to.
She didn't buy it with the intent to give or sell it to someone who was prohibited from owning a gun.

Besides, the percentage of prosecutions of people who falsify 4473s is extremely small.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

rushmc

******Ok

Ok
should she be investigated and charged if the investigation shows she broke the law?

I see no reason why not, IF she made a straw purchase as defined in law. And then the charge would be laughed out of court.

Just like the guys who tested the TSA at airports were charged. Oh, wait, they weren't.

kallend

*********Ok

Ok

I see no reason why not, IF she made a straw purchase as defined in law. And then the charge would be laughed out of court.

Just like the guys who tested the TSA at airports were charged. Oh, wait, they weren't.

So the baby parts purchase charge should be laughed out of court too!
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

************Ok

Ok

So the baby parts purchase charge should be laughed out of court too!

Non sequitur.

kallend

***Ok

Agreed -

She showed that the laws need to be enforced, not that more laws are needed.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

billvon

>What say you about this reporter who has appeared to have committed at least one felony?

Then she should be prosecuted. So far it doesn't look like she broke any laws.

Ah
she admitted to a straw purchase.
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***>What say you about this reporter who has appeared to have committed at least one felony?

Ah

That is open to adjudication. For legal purposes, "straw purchase" has a very precise meaning in the context of firearms.

turtlespeed

******Ok

Agreed -

She showed that the laws need to be enforced,

Yes, she did.

not that more laws are needed.

No, she did not do any such thing.

turtlespeed

******Ok

Agreed -

She showed that the laws need to be enforced, not that more laws are needed.

Did you see the story about the Chicago reported who was denied a gun purchase?

:D

http://www.ijreview.com/2016/06/633182-anti-gun-reporter-tried-to-buy-ar-15-for-a-story-til-the-background-check-came-in/
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***>What say you about this reporter who has appeared to have committed at least one felony?

Ah
No, she said in the article she planned to turn around and sell it to a licensed dealer (legal). She did not say the other dealer put her up to it:

from the article:
The buyer is also considered the end user if he intends to sell the firearm, as long as the initial purchase is not made at the direction of or as part of an agreement with the second, ultimate buyer.

Buyer as the end user means NOT straw purchase.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

rushmc

Ah

As usual you have no clue what you are talking about.