skycop

The best Public Service Announcement EVER

skycop

Oh yeah, I'm sharing that PSA.

Thanks for posting.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RMK wrote:

Yes, just grandstanding and self promotion (to those of lower intellect).

Plenty of those in Louisiana.

Ah yes,
Our liberal friends judging and stereotyping, the very thing they accuse others of doing.

The inclusive, being...........well............un-inclusive, mainly due to their superior intellect.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

skycop

I hope it is,
We need more leaders like him, although I realize we are all of a lower intellect..............

You hope a sheriff uses tax money to fund election messages? And you call that being a leader?

But of course we need smaller government and lower taxes.

Leadership means just that, LEADING..........

Mincing words, PC speech, is great politics, but it doesn't catch wanted violent criminals.

You do realize he is not the Sheriff right?

Sometimes you lead from the front...........

Google Lieutenant or Captain Higgins crimestopper videos, you'll see others, they are almost as brilliant as they are effective.

skycop

RMK wrote:

Ah yes,
Our liberal friends judging and stereotyping, the very thing they accuse others of doing.

The inclusive, being...........well............un-inclusive, mainly due to their superior intellect.

LEAST educated states in the USA:

> 5. Louisiana
> Bachelor’s degree or higher: 22.5%
> Median household income: $44,164 (8th lowest)
> Pct. below poverty level: 19.8% (3rd highest)

In addition to the only 22.5% of adult residents who had a bachelor’s degree in Louisiana, a low proportion of adults 25 and older even completed high school. Further, less than 21% of 18 to 24 year olds had a high school diploma or equivalent in 2013, the worst among all states.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/2012/10/15/americas-best-and-worst-educated-states.html

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

RMK wrote:

Ah yes,

LEAST educated states in the USA:

> 5. Louisiana
> Bachelor’s degree or higher: 22.5%
> Median household income: $44,164 (8th lowest)
> Pct. below poverty level: 19.8% (3rd highest)

In addition to the only 22.5% of adult residents who had a bachelor’s degree in Louisiana, a low proportion of adults 25 and older even completed high school. Further, less than 21% of 18 to 24 year olds had a high school diploma or equivalent in 2013, the worst among all states.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/2012/10/15/americas-best-and-worst-educated-states.html

Intellect and educated are not the same.
in·tel·lect

/ˈin(t)lˌekt/

noun

noun: intellect

the faculty of reasoning and understanding objectively, especially with regard to abstract or academic matters.
"he was a man of action rather than of intellect"

synonyms: mind, brain(s), intelligence, reason, understanding, thought, brainpower, sense, judgment, wisdom, wits; More
informalgray matter, IQ, brain cells, smarts

"a film that appeals to one's intellect"

•the understanding or mental powers of a particular person.
plural noun: intellects

"his keen intellect"

•an intelligent or intellectual person.
"sapping our country of some of its brightest intellects"

synonyms: thinker, intellectual, sage; More
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

Leadership means just that, LEADING..........

Using tax money for election messages is not "good leadership" in my books. Not sure what that has to do with PC speech, but you must have been out of sound bites.

You do realize he is not the Sheriff right?

You realize he works for the sheriff right?

So you're saying those Louisianans don't have the intellect to figure out that finishing high school is a good thing.

Must be why their average income is in the basement among states too.

Not sure what that has to do with PC speech, but you must have been out of sound bites.

PIO's talk in sound bites, that's what they do. Capt. Higgins happens to be VERY good at it, which means he does his job well. Which makes him a good employee, which means tax dollars in his county are well spent.

You realize he works for the sheriff right?

Yes, and very well, see above..................

kallend

So you're saying those Louisianans don't have the intellect to figure out that finishing high school is a good thing.

Must be why their average income is in the basement among states too.

No I said intellect is not the same as educated. Don't try to put words in my mouth.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

Exactly,
It is a bit over the top, but in a likeable way.

Sometimes you have to make a stand that's what he's doing, they went to great lengths to include various groups, he even gave notice to the majority of people in the county jail.

Most petty criminal aren't bad people, just caught in bad circumstances. Violent hard core criminals are just that, sociopathic criminals, there is a huge difference.

Here is another great one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz95O1OQCH0

In a capitalist society the market decides.

It sure does, I make well above the median income with some college no degree. I've just worked my ass off and assumed risk others didn't want or have to.

My father started with nothing, I mean NOTHING, got his bachelor's, then his masters in econ. He wanted to get his PhD, but decided to go into business, did very well for himself and retired.
He also was an adjunct professor for many years, he still talks about how the "real professors" talked down to him and treated him like crap. He says mainly because he made more money than they did, and he could do what they did, except better with more real world experience.

My uncle is a PhD, world famous in his area of expertise, and he is not a condescending dick.

My other uncle was a very successful entrepreneur, who had no college education, and he wasn't a condescending dick.

Soooo......................

kallend

***Many folks with PhDs believe that those who work for a living are inferior. Shine'm on.

To some degree yes. However, income does not determine character.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

skycop

It sure does, I make well above the median income with some college no degree. I've just worked my ass off and assumed risk others didn't want or have to.

Soooo......................

Soooo it seems you missed out on that statistics course.