brenthutch

Should Hillery Clinton release Wall Street speach transcripts

>My point is that if you want to work hard, and work smart, do what you have
>to do to get done what you need done to meet your goals, you can do it.

No, some people really can't.

>I notice no one commented on the packer, video guy, instructor examples I gave.

I have taught over 2000 students over the course of my skydiving career. A great many of them will never be able to be a great hardworking video guy or a great hardworking instructor. They simply do not have the innate talent, period. And and if they tried, and they had any friends, those friends would do everything they could to talk them out of it, lest they kill themselves or the students they are working with.

Some people can't just work hard and "do it."

I'm not plural, so I'm a bit confused with your reply.

Life isn't fair, you're right, which also translates into "simply working hard" and getting results is not true. Because life isn't fair, the amount, type of, and skills/knowledge/intelligence involved provides quite variable results.

I'm not the one trying to "make it fair" either. :S Then more gibberish....

Anywho, I'm not sure what this has to do with a particular presidential candidate being asked/required to produce a transcript from a private event...but we lost that track days ago anyway.

People that want to get ahead will find a way.

Not true. People confuse the fact that success is possible for anyone with the notion that success is possible for everyone. It isn't. At any given time in any given economy there are a finite number of opportunities available. Every single person in the job market could be motivated as fuck to grab every single chance of success and there would still be hundreds of thousands of people flipping burgers for a living.

Nothing says you are entitled to a living wage working a minimum wage job 40 hours a week.

Only basic human decency.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

normiss

I'm not plural, so I'm a bit confused with your reply.

Life isn't fair, you're right, which also translates into "simply working hard" and getting results is not true. Because life isn't fair, the amount, type of, and skills/knowledge/intelligence involved provides quite variable results.

I'm not the one trying to "make it fair" either. :S Then more gibberish....

Anywho, I'm not sure what this has to do with a particular presidential candidate being asked/required to produce a transcript from a private event...but we lost that track days ago anyway.

Correct. But those that do make it to idiot status - some work harder and some don't.

Those that can't make it as a video flyer may be able to cut the grass. maybe they make a better mechanic.

As I mentioned before - you hav to use your Brian for more than a receipts to of THC and alcohol, and figure out what it is that you can do, and then excell at that.

It's really not rocket surgery.

As I said, If I can do it - so can everyone else (in perspective)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

jakee

People that want to get ahead will find a way.

Not true. People confuse the fact that success is possible for anyone with the notion that success is possible for everyone. It isn't. At any given time in any given economy there are a finite number of opportunities available. Every single person in the job market could be motivated as fuck to grab every single chance of success and there would still be hundreds of thousands of people flipping burgers for a living.

Nothing says you are entitled to a living wage working a minimum wage job 40 hours a week.

Only basic human decency.

The more you hand out - the more takers take.

If you give a mouse a cookie . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

normiss

"As I said, If I can do it - so can everyone else (in perspective) "

Simply not true. It isn't brain science.
:P

I appreciate that you feel the ideal is the rule rather than the exception.
But the fact is, the majority of the time - if you are willing to above and beyond what is considered average - you will succeed in what you are trying to do.

>But the fact is, the majority of the time - if you are willing to above and beyond what is
>considered average - you will succeed in what you are trying to do.

Not for most people, and not most of the time.

If you are born in sub-Saharan Africa or rural Pakistan, you can be brilliant and hardworking - and you will likely never succeed in your dream of starting an Internet company.

If you are born in the US and have all those opportunities that the US provides - but have an IQ of 80 - you will likely never succeed in your dream of being a scientists.

Hard work is necessary for success, but it ensures very little.

>So do you think HRC should release her paid speech transcripts? I have a feeling, if Ted Cruz was paid
>a half a million dollars to speak at Halliburton, you would want to take a gander.

I might be curious. But it would be his decision, not mine.

>What if his campaign was based on reining in "big oil"?

Why should the laws governing personal property change just because you dislike someone's stance on something?

You could call him evil, or post bad stuff about him on the Internet, or demand that he release those speeches or else you will hold your breath until you turn blue. But should he be COMPELLED to release a speech which he gave to a private event in a private location? No.

But the fact is, the majority of the time - if you are willing to above and beyond what is considered average - you will succeed in what you are trying to do.

Disclaimer: Not a fact.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

billvon

>But the fact is, the majority of the time - if you are willing to above and beyond what is

If you are born in sub-Saharan Africa or rural Pakistan, you can be brilliant and hardworking - and you will likely never succeed in your dream of starting an Internet company.

If you are born in the US and have all those opportunities that the US provides - but have an IQ of 80 - you will likely never succeed in your dream of being a scientists.

So you adapt your dream and become successful that way.

jakee

Disclaimer: Not a fact.

It has been proven time and tie again.

billvon

Well you are comparing dream jobs to actualling succeding in life. And if you want to nit pick on the posts made you can come up with that conclusion. But I could dream of being a opera singer, and work my ass off to make it happen. It won't. That is why I am a millwright. I can make a decent living of it. You can dream of many jobs but you have to understand what ones your ability will let you succeed at. And work at those. I am a high school dropout making a 6 figure salary. That didn't happen cause I stood back saying I deserve more. It happened cause I stepped up and showed my bosses how much I can do, and how much money I can save them by me being able to do repairs they never even imagined rather then buying new equipment.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

just some of the 100,000 reasons people might not succeed in the world or in life and mostly completely out of any of their control.

These people need to persevere, learn how to pick themselves up, shake the dust off, and get back in the saddle. It is that simple, and it's their responsibility to do so as responsible citizens in a civilized society. And, I'm speaking from experience.
We are all engines of karma

You might achieve happiness or even reasonable mediocrity, which has nothing to do with success, but to think that anyone and everyone can simply 'overcome' any and all obstacles in life is delusional - what I said earlier.

I could not disagree with you more. You're wrong, IMO. Couldn't be more wrong. If you get you're dick knocked in the dirt, you lay there for a minute, catch your breath, and get the fuck back up. The only thing that's going to keep you from getting back up is yourself.

Correct. But that does not mean we have to give up our social constructs. There is a balance between "every man for himself" which if we followed we would still be living in caves, or more likely be extinct. And "all for one, one for all" which as we all know, would also have lead us to no advancement at all.

Oh, Jesus. Social constructs? WTF is that? It's a collection of words that don't necessarily translate into anything of value in a civilized society.

Trying, getting up again, and working hard doesn't have anything to do with living in a cave and looking out for yourself.

You're one of those people that think government should take care of you, in whatever measure that may be. That's not a civilized society, IMO.

that is a theory not borne by any historical fact or statistic.

Tell that to the unemployed ex-WalMart workers. And there is more to come.

You're quoting an article from the Department of Labor, for this administration. And you expect us to take that seriously? Seriously?