rushmc

Liberal Logic Does Not Jive With Reality, Agian!

AndyBoyd

It looks like the State tried something to help solve crimes. Both liberals and conservatives want to solve crimes, right? When they figured out it wasn't working, they stopped doing it. Somehow, to you, this turns into a whole "liberals don't think right" thing. Why do you think like this? Why do you feel this constant need to categorize everyone who doesn't share your views as a "liberal" who can't think properly? Does it make you feel better about yourself? Is it somehow comforting or reassuring to you to believe that everyone who disagrees with you is just a "liberal" who is out of touch with logical thinking and reality? I've met plenty of people at both ends of the political spectrum who were bright and had a firm grasp on reality. My disagreement with those folks further to the right than I am is just that -- disagreement. I don't believe that conservatives have lost their grip on reality. I don't get how you take this simple issue and blow it up into an attack on an entire group of people. Get a grip on yourself.

More than one guy here in SC probably gets a grip on themselves as their only outlet since their view of real life is whacked.

AndyBoyd

It looks like the State tried something to help solve crimes. Both liberals and conservatives want to solve crimes, right? When they figured out it wasn't working, they stopped doing it. Somehow, to you, this turns into a whole "liberals don't think right" thing. Why do you think like this? Why do you feel this constant need to categorize everyone who doesn't share your views as a "liberal" who can't think properly? Does it make you feel better about yourself? Is it somehow comforting or reassuring to you to believe that everyone who disagrees with you is just a "liberal" who is out of touch with logical thinking and reality? I've met plenty of people at both ends of the political spectrum who were bright and had a firm grasp on reality. My disagreement with those folks further to the right than I am is just that -- disagreement. I don't believe that conservatives have lost their grip on reality. I don't get how you take this simple issue and blow it up into an attack on an entire group of people. Get a grip on yourself.

Hmmm
and entire group of people.

Like the gun nutter threads?
Or how about the last post Amazon made grouping all those together. Those she does not agree with.

I am a conservative
There are liberals
Is calling someone a liberal bad somehow?

I disagree with people the same as you

I treat those who disagree with me the same as they treat me

When I have taken the time to clearly give my view (which I do not do much anymore) I am told I am uneducated stupid or worse
Fuck it

I do not have time for those people anymore
Especially those who are dishonest about what they truly believe

I got a grip

Do you?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

turtlespeed

At least they tried something and failed. Are we for the every-gun-sale-background-check yet? That would probably be effective.

I would have very little problem with this except for one detail

NO RECORDS of the gun or who!

Can be done by issuing a permit to purchase

you have it
You can buy because the back ground check has already been done
No paper work required

I can usually make out what you are trying to say, but this one stumps me.

His point was an every gun back ground check

I say that is ok if no paper work is kept
Do the check
Buy the gun
I already do this here in Iowa for those who have a state issued permit to purchase
So I think we could expand that principle

Once a year you apply for a permit to purchase
They do the back ground check and issue you the permit

You can then go into any store in Iowa, buy a gun without the NICKS check because it has already been done

If I sell a gun privately I ask for that purchase permit
If they do not have it I tell them they will need to do the purchase through a dealer

If I sell to them (they have the permit) no paper work is needed

So, I have no problem with back ground check per se but, I think there should be no paper work to track what guns I own

None of any bodies business
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Go figure. But! All is not lost! We all know that if the intent is good then there is no failure:D

MD Closes Ineffective Gun Casing Database

Yes, the newest technological advancement can be helpful for law enforcement, but it’s no savior. In fact, it can be a huge waste. In 2000, the State of Maryland started a database to collect bullet casings from every gun sold in the state. The thinking behind the program was that each gun makes a unique “fingerprint” when the bullet is fired. Maryland’s law enforcement wanted to create a database that could be used to solve crime. Now 15 years, $5 million and more than 300,000 bullet casings later, the state is closing the program after it hasn’t helped in solving a single case. Former Governor Parris Glendening, who originally pushed for the program, told The Baltimore Sun, “Obviously, I’m disappointed. It’s a little unfortunate, in that logic and common sense suggest that it would be a good crime-fighting tool.” But liberal logic didn’t jive with reality. Again. Maryland joined New York, which closed its program in 2012 for similar reasons. To paraphrase law professor Glenn Reynolds, gun control advocates don’t mind spending money on onerous gun regulations and the legal fees associated with prosecuting to the fullest extent any citizen who violates those regulations. In Maryland’s case, it also burned the money of its citizens who collected guns, as firing a vintage gun tarnishes its value.

http://patriotpost.us/posts/38839

When Ben Carson is near the top of the polls for the Republicans, it probably isn't the right time to try and make fun of Liberal logic.

SkyDekker

When Ben Carson is near the top of the polls for the Republicans, it probably isn't the right time to try and make fun of Liberal logic.

Last night on "The Daily Show", guest Chris Hays had an interesting observation:
"The United States has only twice elected a President without political experience, and both were generals: Grant and Eisenhower."
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

AndyBoyd

So, you think like this because some other people who you don't agree with do this, too, and it frustrates you. Well, OK. I guess I can understand that.

Not really

But close enough
Abraham Lincoln