rushmc

Time to Revisit Climategate

kallend

******>Those climate scientists who think we may have already started a 30 year cooling trend

Warmest years on record:

Warmest Jan-Aug on record: 2015

Sorry about the facts; I know you have an allergy.

January this year was the coldest ever in southern Ontario. And February last year was the coldest ever there. I don't know that I can believe your data

I hate to break it to you, but southern Ontario is not the world, nor even representative of it.

What percentage of these temperatures were estimated?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

*********>Those climate scientists who think we may have already started a 30 year cooling trend

Warmest years on record:

January this year was the coldest ever in southern Ontario. And February last year was the coldest ever there. I don't know that I can believe your data

I hate to break it to you, but southern Ontario is not the world, nor even representative of it.

What percentage of these temperatures were estimated?

I wonder if it is close to this?

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2015/09/27/approximately-92-or-99-of-ushcn-surface-temperature-data-consists-of-estimated-values/
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>Is it really just about what team you bat for?

No, it's about reality. That's why climate change denialism will lose in the long term - because despite all the overheated denials and deceptions, people can look out their windows and see the climate changing.

billvon

No, it's about reality. That's why climate change denialism will lose in the long term - because despite all the overheated denials and deceptions, people can look out their windows and see the climate changing.

And again, it's not really all that impressive a change.
I think it has the possibility of being better than it was.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

billvon

Because that is what climate does

Here you take an emotional angle to defend your position

Of fucking course climate changes
It has been since the planets beginning

But the argument is whether man is have any effect now isn't it!

And that my friend you can NOT see out your window

I have noticed pattern changes where I live as I have been here all my life

I have seen dry, wet, lots of snow, no snow, very damned cold, winters that barley froze

THAT is the reality you have detached yourself from
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>And again, it's not really all that impressive a change.

Depends where you live. If you live in Denver - meh. Just means you have to turn your A/C up. If you live in Shishmaref or Barrow, Alaska you will likely be more impressed.

Have you asked them if they do or do not want it a few degrees warmer? Or are you so good you can tell the inhabitants what they should want?

>Have you asked them if they do or do not want it a few degrees warmer?

Yes. They don't care so much about the temperature. But they do want the ice and permafrost back, since their homes are eroding away and collapsing.

> Or are you so good you can tell the inhabitants what they should want?

Apparently that's your (and RushMC's) job.

billvon

>Have you asked them if they do or do not want it a few degrees warmer?

Yes. They don't care so much about the temperature. But they do want the ice and permafrost back, since their homes are eroding away and collapsing.

> Or are you so good you can tell the inhabitants what they should want?

Apparently that's your (and RushMC's) job.

tornados take houses

shore lines erode away

forests die

glaciers are formed

glaciers melt

We have floods

we have dry spells

hurricanes come and go

typhoons destroy

I cant tell anyone what is going to happen
and that point goes for you and the rest of the alarmists as well

There is a new article on Wattsup if you care to look

It is about new discoveries regarding weather, climate and the ocean

I have not gotten through all of it yet but
Something new
Hmmmm

I thought we knew it all already and the science was settled?

Am I mistaken?

Anyway
A snipit if you are interested

Lyon/ Leipzig. The oceans seem to produce significantly more isoprene, and consequently affect the climate more than previously thought. This emerges from a study by the Institute of Catalysis and Environment in Lyon (IRCELYON, CNRS / University Lyon 1) and the Leibniz Institute for Tropospheric Research (TROPOS), which had studied samples of the surface film in the laboratory.

Abraham Lincoln

>tornados take houses
>shore lines erode away
>forests die
>glaciers are formed
>glaciers melt
>We have floods
>we have dry spells
>hurricanes come and go
>typhoons destroy

>I cant tell anyone what is going to happen

Really? So if a hurricane was about to hit a shoreline, you couldn't tell anyone that it was dangerous, because no one can know anything?

>I thought we knew it all already and the science was settled?
>Am I mistaken?

Yes, you are.

billvon

Really? So if a hurricane was about to hit a shoreline, you couldn't tell anyone that it was dangerous, because no one can know anything?

Hey, a hurricane is coming, it's dangerous.
You might consider boarding up your windows and leaving the area for a week. Seriously, you shouldn't just ignore it and sit on the patio......

Also, we can eliminate hurricanes if you just buy "X" brand of sodas.

In fact, we're setting up laws to require you to buy that brand.
AND we'll label you awkwardly so you don't fight it, but if you do, we'll also socially persecute you if you continue to buy Pepsi, or even complain about your choice being taken away.

Further, the government will be setting up a tax exchange program that we claim will reduce hurricane severity - you'll need to contribute your daughter's education fund the first year without complaint. Note - all of congress and most hollywood elite are exempt, and although 30 other countries are violently verbal in chastizing us for not having done it already, those countries, in fact, aren't doing a damn thing along those lines - they are, however, mocking us for going forward with it and hope to get some of the money from the 529 plan you forfeited.

^^^^
tell me, from the above, where did it cross the line from helpful and useful, to just economic and political bullshit?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

SkyDekker

But the argument is whether man is have any effect now isn't it!

Not really. Most, if not all sane people understand that man has an effect on climate change.

Most sane arguments are regarding the severity of that impact, specially on a longer term.

Ah
Most "sane" people

and most "sane' arguments

:D:D

You are fucking funny!
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>tornados take houses
>shore lines erode away
>forests die
>glaciers are formed
>glaciers melt
>We have floods
>we have dry spells
>hurricanes come and go
>typhoons destroy

>Am I mistaken?

Yes, you are.

Seems like FL shorelines were getting all boarded up this summer

And it turned out they did not need to

We cant even predict with in a matter of days at times
Yet the alarmists run around yelling the sky is falling

Don't see it out my window
Abraham Lincoln

>Hey, a hurricane is coming, it's dangerous.
>You might consider boarding up your windows and leaving the area for a week.
>Seriously, you shouldn't just ignore it and sit on the patio......

Common sense.

Of course, you will have a small group of people who will deny the risk exists. "There's no such things as hurricanes! OK maybe there are. But hurricanes don't kill people, it's Bush's lack of action/Obama's healthcare plan that is what kills people in hurricanes! And besides, the NWS lies about hurricanes. See - here's an email where one forecaster says to another 'better not that leak out!' "

but you can't call them hurricane deniers because that wouldn't be politically correct. So you have to call them "honest citizens who question the veracity of NWS warnings."

>Also, we can eliminate hurricanes if you just buy "X" brand of sodas.

>tell me, from the above, where did it cross the line from helpful and useful, to
>just economic and political bullshit?

Everything from that line and below is pretty much bullshit.

billvon

Common sense.

Of course, you will have a small group of people who will deny the risk exists. "There's no such things as hurricanes! OK maybe there are. But hurricanes don't kill people, it's Bush's lack of action/Obama's healthcare plan that is what kills people in hurricanes! And besides, the NWS lies about hurricanes. See - here's an email where one forecaster says to another 'better not that leak out!' "

but you can't call them hurricane deniers because that wouldn't be politically correct. So you have to call them "honest citizens who question the veracity of NWS warnings."

>tell me, from the above, where did it cross the line from helpful and useful, to

OK - the whole post pretty much summarizes (analogy) the climate change topic to me.

And the line between useful and bullshit that we agree :D on - applies to the topic also.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

billvon

>tornados take houses
>shore lines erode away
>forests die
>glaciers are formed
>glaciers melt
>We have floods
>we have dry spells
>hurricanes come and go
>typhoons destroy

>Am I mistaken?

Yes, you are.

Actually I should have posted number of and the power of hurricane's

But then that would have denied you the tangent you ran off on
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

Common sense.

2014 was hurricane free in Chicago. 2013 too. AND 2012. Clearly hurricanes are just a conspiracy to keep the money flowing to disaster relief organizations.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

2014 was hurricane free in Chicago. 2013 too. AND 2012. Clearly hurricanes are just a conspiracy to keep the money flowing to disaster relief organizations.

Halliburton gets money from Clinton and Obama via a secret funding path put in place by Cheney - they feed it back to government unions and the education lobby so big Pharm can raise prices on Reagan's heart medicine.

true story

kallend

******>Those climate scientists who think we may have already started a 30 year cooling trend

Warmest years on record:

maybe not - but at least I know I can trust my own data. Don't know about yours...
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Have no idea if this is a "verified" article or not:

MASSIVE GLOBAL COOLING process discovered as Paris climate deal looms

There's an awful lot that's not covered by current climate models. And, it's pretty clear all of the EPA changes aren't going to impact warming at all. The whole thing is getting way out of control. Global warming is _NOT_ the biggest threat to us, not even close.
We are all engines of karma

Most, if not all sane people understand that man has an effect on climate change.

And so do Cows, just from their farts. I'm certain I've read EPA authorities discussing this somewhere.

I find myself wondering, in what little idle time I have these days, what's going to happen when global-warming-advocates realize that the biomass of ants is greater than all other species, IIRC. What happens if ants fart, too?

Being correct helps

The physics of CO2 cannot be denied here. You will never "win" that argument.

What's lacking in the argument is all of the other forces that impact our climate. We are no where close to have a solid grip on that. And, let's not forget, that none of the methods being advocated/imposed by the EPA are going to have any impact on our contribution (or not) to warming. They are going to hurt a lot of people right here, right now, with no benefit what so ever.