kallend

Maybe candidates for President should take a Constitution test

Article VI, paragraph 3 of the Constitution of the United States:

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

Maybe candidates for President should take a Constitution test, like immigrants do.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

Maybe candidates for President should take a Constitution test, like immigrants do.

Isn't part of that oath to uphold the law as well?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

kallend

I would love to see that across the board for all who wish to get their citizenship.... perhaps some of the kids might actually pay attention in school for a change.

>Maybe candidates for President should take a Constitution test, like immigrants do.

You'd end up with boring brainiacs as presidents, rather than actors or reality TV stars. Think how boring press conferences would get. What would FOX and CNN report on? (Well, I guess there will always be wardrobe malfunctions, natural disasters and starlet scandals so I guess they're covered.)

billvon

>Maybe candidates for President should take a Constitution test, like immigrants do.

You'd end up with boring brainiacs as presidents, rather than actors or reality TV stars. Think how boring press conferences would get. What would FOX and CNN report on? (Well, I guess there will always be wardrobe malfunctions, natural disasters and starlet scandals so I guess they're covered.)

Oh, they'll find something...as un-newsworthy as it may be.