RMK

Bruce Jenner is coming out ...

RMK

... as a conservative; a Republican

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/24/bruce-jenner-conservative_n_7140858.html

I'm good with him being a woman, but the conservative/Republican thing?

If that is the case, then maybe he should run with Palin
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

This whole Bruce Jenner thing has me intrigued...

I watched the last 15-30 minutes of the interview. I would've watched the whole thing, but it's baseball season.

What struck me was that sexual intimacy didn't seem to have anything to do with Bruce's decision. He basically said that at his age, sex really isn't important and that he views himself as asexual - but I found it interesting that he made it a point to clarify that transexuality shouldn't be confused with homosexuality.

Many male transexuals still seem to be attracted to females even after transition. Also, I applaud Bruce Jenner's decision to apparently lead a celibate life...to me, it gives him credibility.

Many of the homosexuals I've known seemed to have defined themselves through sex/lust....Everything seems to revolve around sex...but no so much with transgenders. I find it a bit easier to take them serious. They don't seem so spiteful and angry. They don't seem to be attention whores preoccupied with forcing everyone to accept their way of life. They don't parade around. They seem normal...They seem sincere.

Now don't get all pissed off...I know I may be ignorant to how many gays may actual define themselves, but I can only go on what I've seen and what I've known...much like how many of you judge christianity.

Anyway...I always assumed that if you're a transexual male you're automatically attracted to males, but Bruce Jenner and other transexuals taught me that that is just false.

It's just amazing/interesting to me - a man feels as tho he's a woman but is still attracted to females.

However, the thing that started to trouble me was how some transexual males started to become attracted to males after hormone replacement therapy....that's just fucked up to me. I asked myself why would anyone want to take "drugs" to change the essence of who they are?

The next question was, how many female transexuals are out there? I don't really hear about them. It seems like everything I hear is about males feeling as tho they are females. I wondered if the lack of exposure was due to these females having the mindset of a man. A female with a man's mentality may not be so sensitive. They may be more comfortable with who they actually are rather than changing their appearance and taking hormones...they may not be so preoccupied with being "accepted"
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

The boxes aren't all nice and well-defined, with everyone having a non-overlapping gender box to fit into. I have a niece who started out as a nephew. She realized things werent right before puberty, but when she told others, the only language she had was "I'm not really a boy, so I must be a girl." Tried that for a few years (starting in high school -no one chooses to be transgender in high school), and realized that wasn't a good description either.
She uses she as the identifier. Mainly because that makes it clear, when looking at her, that she doesn't fit in the boxes. But she's in a stable and supportive relationship with a female-to-male transgender, and employed.

Sometimes people are who they are, and what we expect isn't important to them

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

don't seem so spiteful and angry. They don't seem to be attention whores preoccupied with forcing everyone to accept their way of life. They don't parade around. They seem normal...They seem sincere.

You've just described about 95% of gay people. They don't deserve the slander.

much like how many of you judge christianity.

For the most part, those who offend you that way judge the 5% of Christians who seem so spiteful and angry, and seem to be attention whores preoccupied with forcing everyone to accept their way of life. Those observers don't deserve to be slandered as if they judge all of Christianity that way.
Or, in view of the 5% who do judge all Christianity that way, the other 95% don't deserve to be slandered as if they're part of the 5%.

Andy9o8

They don't deserve the slander.

Libel?

Defamation.

sue me.

Already in the works.

So how may frivolous lawsuits would that make for you?
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour